Manhattan Winter Pick Changes

MHV9218

Yes, those will be up next as well. The 100's will likely be gone by the end of next year, or early 2012 at the absolute latest.

Don't worry about it. Happens to the best of us.

I heard by early next year those ex-bee lines will be gone, they are having a shitload of problems at both depots.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard by early next year those ex-bee lines will be gone, they are having a shitload of problems at both depots.

Its likely to be because both depots cant even maintain them properly, they were in pristine shape before coming to MTA Bus....when they made their debut, they started dropping like flies....

Its likely to be because both depots cant even maintain them properly, they were in pristine shape before coming to MTA Bus....when they made their debut, they started dropping like flies....

Hence why Baisley Park doesn't run them overnight. I don't know what LaGuardia does

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Yes, it is. Looks like 9140 is going to die on the Q54, same driver has it all the time on weekdays.

It pops up on the B26 & B52 mostly on weekends and on occasion the B38

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that at all.

I was told by the end of next year they would definitely be gone. Some of them are holding up well. Unless the TA pulls out some RTS's, I don't see them leaving until we get the new LFS, and Orion VII buses. It will be quite interesting to see where the 270 new buses end up going.

But like I said before, I think LGA definitely needs some of the 3G O7's. Straight diesels would run much better up there IMO. They can take a lot more than the hybrids.

The problem is actually with the right turn into the Marine Air Terminal from Bowery Bay Boulevard---unless the buses come up the same way that they go out (and loop around the short-term parking lot in front of the terminal). But then you have an issue with the trailer not coming anywhere near the curb at the stop.

An artic would have too much swing-out, because that turn requires the driver to make with the steering wheel: a quick right, then a quick left, then a right turn.

Has that move ever been tested with an artic? Might be worth a try just to make sure.

Blame The Q110 and Jamaica Ave for those buses dropping like flies, They are a peice of used shit, end of story, They should have went to JFK instead, they would have done much better, Can't wait until they are gone, They are not made for these city streets, rerember they ran only 18 hours a day or less before the ******** at (MTA) got these damn things, BP is smart by running them only during the day, and you can't say its the depot's falt, The Hybirds are doing 100 Times Better than that peice of shit. Im sorry to say this but 244 and 424 would have made these buses look like pure shit, The RTS should have stayed at BP, but (MTA) bus wanted to make almost every depot Orion, LOL its Backfiring as we speak.

Blame The Q110 and Jamaica Ave for those buses dropping like flies, They are a peice of used shit, end of story, They should have went to JFK instead, they would have done much better, Can't wait until they are gone, They are not made for these city streets, rerember they ran only 18 hours a day or less before the ******** at (MTA) got these damn things, BP is smart by running them only during the day, and you can't say its the depot's falt, The Hybirds are doing 100 Times Better than that peice of shit. Im sorry to say this but 244 and 424 would have made these buses look like pure shit, The RTS should have stayed at BP, but (MTA) bus wanted to make almost every depot Orion, LOL its Backfiring as we speak.

I'm sorry but I do have to put blame at both BP and LGA.

The difference between both depots and Bee Line is that they maintained those buses differently. BP runs those buses at night, I saw a good bit of them last night at Parsons on the Q111 and Q113 at 9PM and after coming from Long Island. And there are ALWAYS 100s on the Q112, no matter what time of day.

Those Orions were technically made for city streets because they also had to go through the same stop & go situations as they did with Bee Line. It really doesnt make any sense that the day after they debuted into service, they drop like flies, the depots are at blame for this

As for 244 and 424, different buses compared to the 100s, different specs and everything. One of those is a 1993 while another is a 1995 Orion V, can really compare those to the 100s which are actually a little bit newer.

The hybrids are MTA originals, of course they would be doing much more better....its common sense....the ex-Bee Lines were from Bee Line, the way the buses were maintained within both companies are different with each other. They were never MTA originals. Once again, cant compare something that the MTA originally had with something they never had, its one very flawed and stupid arguement. :tdown:

So yeah, BOTH depots are at fault for not taking care of the buses properly. If you ship them buses elsewhere, say Eastchester, they wouldnt even drop at all, shit, the ones that ran on the QBx1 were in GREAT shape....until Baisley Park & LGA got them back!

We've got some real news here, see this post for the full story:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=347560&postcount=175

NEW INFORMATION:

There is a major order for Designline ECOSaver IV Hyrbids in place at the MTA. Approximately 70 buses are set to arrive at Manhattanville depot just in time for the beginning of the Winter Pick.

What does this mean? For a start, don't count on an RTS return. Most everybody is surprised about that fact, but it's looking like the Designline order picked up pace. As a result, the RTS buses meant to come from Michael J. Quill or 126th Street will likely not arrive, or if so, will stay for a very brief period of time. The need for those buses is now very little.

Again, for full details, see: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=347560&postcount=175

WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW:

- M96 / M106 leave Michael J. Quill depot for Manhattanville depot

- M66 / M72 leave 126th Street depot for Michael J. Quill depot

- M60 leaves Manhattanville depot for 126th Street Depot

Them RTSs should be coming, I dont think Quill would have any leftover buses to operate on the M66/72, even though those two routes would be interlined with the M57, M42, M104 and M20. The M104 has a good bulk of those 40ft buses alone. If those RTSs arrive to Quill, I hope its several 9600s.

Quill, yes, I'm sure they'll keep a fair portion of their RTSes if not get a few more. But regarding MHV, like I said in the post, the chances of those fifteen or so RTSes arriving looks slimmer every day with the progression of the DL order.

Again, this is all just what I've been told, I'm not assuming or making any of this up.

Well at least Quill gets about 15-20 RTSs, you and I gotta agree on one thing though, hybrids on the M66 and M72 will be an odd site to see.

What exactly do we disagree on?

Definitely, it will be a bizarre sight seeing an O7 on the 66/72... Those two are the only pure RTS lines in Manhattan, and not for much longer.

Odd parallel I suppose, just saw 8984 (old Quill bus) on the M72, funny how that all works out.

Nothing, I was just saying that it we would agree that it would be one hell of a odd site to see hybrids on those lines.

8984 and 8989 are the two must-rides. Them buses are fierce!

BP does handle there buses Better then LGA but outside of CPT & JFK/FR they all need to get better. CPT lost a lot of workers thats why they started slipping can't say the same for the others.

Wow the first to realize this but if you get skilled Mech. then any bus in any depot with the right parts can be A good thing for any depot which is why I always said LGA Triboro should Be RTS and like QV should be Orions with Casey /Certain depots have the Knowledge on certain buses then others .

Wow the first to realize this but if you get skilled Mech. then any bus in any depot with the right parts can be A good thing for any depot which is why I always said LGA Triboro should Be RTS and like QV should be Orions with Casey /Certain depots have the Knowledge on certain buses then others .

I agree with all that except the QV part. Those 6400's gave QV mechanics a run for their money. I say all RTS like LGA. Thats what they are used too, and QV does a damn good job maintaining them. 3/4ths of their fleet is still RTS.

Archived