Your Internet/Cable or Satellite/Phone Provider?

IRT Bronx Express

Cable: Time Warner

Internet/House Phone: Verizon (not FIOS)

Cell Phone: AT&T

141.jpg

**** sucks, bro. I tried Verizon (Not FiOS) once in South NJ and it sucked so horribly I was able to eat breakfast and the 3:00 vid I was loading wasn't even 24% loaded.

Internet/House/Cable all Cablevision. At least their billing/accounting department isn't comprised of idiots with calculators punching random numbers in and telling you to pay it or **** off.

Cell phone service is AT&T. Consequence of cousin working for them until the economy went to shit and lost his job...

1. Television: iO Optimum

2. Internet & Landline: Optimum Online Boost & Optimum Voice

3. Cell Phone: Sprint

Boost runs at high speeds, averaging around 35+ Mbps when Cablevision states the maximum is 25 Mbps.

Sprint is good. I have underground reception in most stations, including the lowest in the system 191st (1)(9).

Cellular Telephone: Verizon Wireless: 450 minutes nationwide per month, basic voicemail and talking caller id (feminine voice) $39.99; 250 text messages $5; 25 Megabytes per month with Mobile E-Mail $9.99.

Internet: Verizon Wireless: 5 Gigabytes (5,120 Megabytes) per month $59.99; 5₵ per Megabyte overage. Mobile Broadband

Cable: Cox Communications: Digital Cable Something like 600 viewable channels (highest is Channel 999), 45 digital radio stations (no commercials); 5 digital talk radio stations $83.99

What's the speed like on FiOS? I heard it wasn't as great as they claim. Plus, I've been brainwashed by all the commercials on TV bashing and negging FiOS. lol
Me wants to know the same.

I have Optimum Triple Play, and it's somewhat terrible. Most of the time, the cable box stops responding, the SD picture quality is VERY pixelated (when some channels with an HD feed were still SD on my DVR, the picture quality was really stunning), and the internet/phone connection sometimes disappear like that for a few minutes.

I honestly hate iO because of the way how they advertise their service as "100% perfect" when it's the opposite. Old phone service? Slow internet? That's propaganda for you. :tdown: Too bad I'm stuck with iO, but when Fios comes in my neighborhood, I'll be happy to make the switch.

I have Optimum Triple Play, and it's somewhat terrible. Most of the time, the cable box stops responding, the SD picture quality is VERY pixelated (when some channels with an HD feed were still SD on my DVR, the picture quality was really stunning), and the internet/phone connection sometimes disappear like that for a few minutes.

I honestly hate iO because of the way how they advertise their service as "100% perfect" when it's the opposite. Old phone service? Slow internet? That's propaganda for you. :tdown: Too bad I'm stuck with iO, but when Fios comes in my neighborhood, I'll be happy to make the switch.

I have their cable and internet. I don't have many complaints. The cable does go out once in a while but not very often. And I LOVE! my internet. lol It's super fast, especially since I upgraded from Verizon DSL. lol

What's the speed like on FiOS? I heard it wasn't as great as they claim. Plus, I've been brainwashed by all the commercials on TV bashing and negging FiOS. lol

I have their cable and internet. I don't have many complaints. The cable does go out once in a while but not very often. And I LOVE! my internet. lol It's super fast, especially since I upgraded from Verizon DSL. lol

The speed is nothing like regular Cable/DSL, its much smoother and faster, the TV is so clear and streams the best HD. I had Time Warner in June 2010, I found out that FiOS was in my area now so I switched to them, best thing I couldve ever done! Just becareful with there customer Service, they try to make you get everything which raises your bill like hell.

The speed is nothing like regular Cable/DSL, its much smoother and faster, the TV is so clear and streams the best HD. I had Time Warner in June 2010, I found out that FiOS was in my area now so I switched to them, best thing I couldve ever done! Just becareful with there customer Service, they try to make you get everything which raises your bill like hell.
Reminds me of Time Warner. Though it's not available for us, some representative tried to sell us some random stuff as an alternative for that reason. I refused their "offer" since I had to pay up money.

And for cell service...T-Mobile (ugh).
Hear hear!

Archived