Man gets trapped between (4) train & platform @ 14 St-Union Sq

w8Hou

I don't feel sorry for him. A child yes. A mentally disabled person, yes. A visually impaired person, yes. That annoying announcement plays to much telling people to stand clear of the moving platform, and to watch the gap. Good for his dumb, and possible drunk ass. Nature always has something for stupid people, and takes care of them lovely.......

That C/R, I know and have worked with on the (4) line..........

If you guys read the last sentence on the article

It was not clear last night why the man fell, but cops said he may have been drinking.

So he just walked between the gap and train while under the influence of alcohol

I don't understand something.Why did it take a 1/2 hour to free him?Don't those gap fillers move back automatically when a train leaves the station?Why couldn't someone just press a button or something?

They are automated now. Im sure due to budget cuts it took 30 mins for some kind of supervisor or whatever to show up and push the button..

I dont know how true it is but someone left a comment at the paper saying that they saw it go down.. The dude who was trapped actually was more worried about people finding his beer can that was on the floor next to him and he pushed it off the platform onto the tracks while he was in agonizing pain..

I wouldnt doubt it..

They are automated now. Im sure due to budget cuts it took 30 mins for some kind of supervisor or whatever to show up and push the button..

I dont know how true it is but someone left a comment at the paper saying that they saw it go down.. The dude who was trapped actually was more worried about people finding his beer can that was on the floor next to him and he pushed it off the platform onto the tracks while he was in agonizing pain..

I wouldnt doubt it..

I am sorry.Should have not took 30 min.But don't worry Messino.Nothing against you:)

I don't feel sorry for him. A child yes. A mentally disabled person, yes. A visually impaired person, yes. That annoying announcement plays to much telling people to stand clear of the moving platform, and to watch the gap. Good for his dumb, and possible drunk ass. Nature always has something for stupid people, and takes care of them lovely.......

That C/R, I know and have worked with on the (4) line..........

If the guy was drunk well sure you play with fire you get burned, but since we don't know why he fell I think it's best not to pass judgment on the guy. It's the holidays now and there are plenty of tourists here in NYC that don't speak English, so it could be anything.

i seen the pics as well............ absolutely horrific. why the MTA didn't install some sort of emergency release is beyond me. having the poor man, i don't care if he was drunk or not, wait 30 minutes for help and a contractor to release the hydraulics is RIDICULOUS. i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. shame on the MTA! a nightmare come true for the T/O and C/R as well, i'm sure. i hate that station.

i seen the pics as well............ absolutely horrific. why the MTA didn't install some sort of emergency release is beyond me. having the poor man, i don't care if he was drunk or not, wait 30 minutes for help and a contractor to release the hydraulics is RIDICULOUS. i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. shame on the MTA! a nightmare come true for the T/O and C/R as well, i'm sure. i hate that station.
The pics were in the paper.I would post em but I will spare everyone the emotional hassle that comes along with it.Did you peep the fact that he was listening to his ipod throughout the entire ordeal.:eek:

I am not surprised this guy had too many beers but the picture certainly tells the story. Maybe they should just eliminate the gap fillers once and for all at 14 St.

Ok, then how do the people get on the train? There will be a huge gap, that's why the gap fillers ate there. Oh and don't say that the MTA should rebuild the station to eliminate the curve. Billions of dollars should not be spent because some drunk got crushed. I hope if this case goes to court, that the MTA fights it and does not settle because they can win this, he was drunk and it was his fault.

Ok, then how do the people get on the train? There will be a huge gap, that's why the gap fillers ate there. Oh and don't say that the MTA should rebuild the station to eliminate the curve. Billions of dollars should not be spent because some drunk got crushed. I hope if this case goes to court, that the MTA fights it and does not settle because they can win this, he was drunk and it was his fault.

I did say maybe they should and not just because of this recent incident. Anyway, I understand the MTA doesn't have much; if any; money to spare so I know a total rebuild of the station isn't happening and yes I agree one drunk idiot shouldn't be the cause.

Archived