NBA, NHL and other sports thread-Winter/Spring 2011

Shortline Bus

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Denver Nuggets Center Nene has told the Nuggets front office that if he doesnt get a contract extentsion that he wants to be traded.

Its a mess going on in Denver.

If there is a next season (2011/12)due to a probably lockout, the Nuggets will be a lottery team and may barely win 15-20 games losing both Nene and Mr. Anthohny.:eek:

The NBA All-Star starters have been announced. LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Derrick Rose are the starters for the East. Stoudemire is the first Knick starter since Patrick Ewing in 1992. Rose in the first Bulls starter since a certain guy who wore #23 played in the All Star game in 1998.

In the West, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, and Yao Ming are the starters. Yao, who has played about 5 minutes of basketball over the past two seasons, is injured and will be replaced by a player chosen by commissioner David Stern.

With the exception of Chris Paul and Yao, I basically agree with the choices. Yao is practically a shoe-in since 1/6 of the world's population is in his home country.

I am not a Kevin Durant & Chris Paul fan. I cannot stand those two.

Kevin Durant, the only reason he is in there because he scores 30 a nite and the Thunder are a somewhat rising team that plays no defense what so ever.

Pau Gasol/Blake Griffen/Kevin Love/Tim Duncan/Lamar Odom sould have gotten that spot.

Chris Paul, you cant be serious. The only reason he is in there because the bugs have a good record and he dishes out the ball. Steve Nash should have gotten that spot over Chris Paul.

BTW, I enjoyed TNTs take on this, Sir Charles is funny as hell. This Knicks-Heat game is bouring. Knicks put up damn near 20 3s before halftime.

I am not a Kevin Durant & Chris Paul fan. I cannot stand those two.

Kevin Durant, the only reason he is in there because he scores 30 a nite and the Thunder are a somewhat rising team that plays no defense what so ever.

Pau Gasol/Blake Griffen/Kevin Love/Tim Duncan/Lamar Odom sould have gotten that spot.

Chris Paul, you cant be serious. The only reason he is in there because the bugs have a good record and he dishes out the ball. Steve Nash should have gotten that spot over Chris Paul.

BTW, I enjoyed TNTs take on this, Sir Charles is funny as hell. This Knicks-Heat game is bouring. Knicks put up damn near 20 3s before halftime.

Be fair, the ASG is a game for the fans. The fans will make stupid choices cometimes. Same problem occurs in MLB as well.

That why if you want a better and fairer selection for the NBA all star game maybe have the NBA sportswriters and broadcasters pick the final '2' starters and the reserves as well.

Kevin Durant needs to get his weight up. LeBron just b***hed him up the whole game.

Not defending him but being fair, he still a very young man. If he played a full 4 years in college he would be just a rookie i believe right now. Durant was the #1 pick of the now former Sonics in June 2007. Correct me if i wrong.

The only reason Durant was taken number 2 is because 29 out of 30 NBA GMs would have took Greg Oden. Every team wants a big man and at that time Greg Oden was obviously the number 1 pick. Kevin on the other had wasnt all that great. The Sonics now Thunder were having second thoughts on picking him because they didnt think he would turn out to be a star. It is safe to say Kevin would have fell to picks 5 through 15 easily. Kevin will never be a big force in the NBA. The only reason he seems so good is because his height and ability to get to the line. He leads the league in getting to the line. His arms are long and that is automatic call in the NBA when someone touches your arms. Only 2 players that are the best at doing that is Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson.

They will never win a championship not playing defense and with Kevin scoring 30-40 points a game. You can get by in the regular season but not in the playoffs when the game slows down.

I have league pass and I follow the Thunder when the Lakers are not playing for the sole reason to see why they will never win it all. I mean if you score 30 points and the next player only has 9 or 10 points then how the hell can you win a game? He doesnt pass the ball, he doesnt rebound well, he doesnt have the weight to play post. he could be a match up nightmare if he was strong enough to play post. He is a liget 7'0', 6'10 without his shoes and socks. One thing I can say is he is very quick. He has a nice mid range jumper. He only shoots 33pct from 3, which is horrible in the NBA.

Outside of Westbrook they dont have a 3rd player that can put up 17pts 5rebs 5ast. Jeff Green is a waste. Serge Ibaka is only good for defense.

Everyone was so quick to put them up in the NBAs elite and if you watch there games you'll see why they wont ever win it. 50 games or not they suck.

I could go on for days.....lol

The only reason Durant was taken number 2 is because 29 out of 30 NBA GMs would have took Greg Oden. Every team wants a big man and at that time Greg Oden was obviously the number 1 pick. Kevin on the other had wasnt all that great. The Sonics now Thunder were having second thoughts on picking him because they didnt think he would turn out to be a star. It is safe to say Kevin would have fell to picks 5 through 15 easily. Kevin will never be a big force in the NBA. The only reason he seems so good is because his height and ability to get to the line. He leads the league in getting to the line. His arms are long and that is automatic call in the NBA when someone touches your arms. Only 2 players that are the best at doing that is Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson.

They will never win a championship not playing defense and with Kevin scoring 30-40 points a game. You can get by in the regular season but not in the playoffs when the game slows down.

I have league pass and I follow the Thunder when the Lakers are not playing for the sole reason to see why they will never win it all. I mean if you score 30 points and the next player only has 9 or 10 points then how the hell can you win a game? He doesnt pass the ball, he doesnt rebound well, he doesnt have the weight to play post. he could be a match up nightmare if he was strong enough to play post. He is a liget 7'0', 6'10 without his shoes and socks. One thing I can say is he is very quick. He has a nice mid range jumper. He only shoots 33pct from 3, which is horrible in the NBA.

Outside of Westbrook they dont have a 3rd player that can put up 17pts 5rebs 5ast. Jeff Green is a waste. Serge Ibaka is only good for defense.

Everyone was so quick to put them up in the NBAs elite and if you watch there games you'll see why they wont ever win it. 50 games or not they suck.

I could go on for days.....lol

Still Durant is the main reason the Thunder are now a playoff team. I do agree bro (553)that Durant is an all star player when healthy but not an elite player like Kobe, Duncan(he at the end of his carrer)Wade or even Lebraon.

The Denver Nuggets Center Nene has told the Nuggets front office that if he doesnt get a contract extentsion that he wants to be traded.

Its a mess going on in Denver.

hah...

When you got borderline bums/semi-stars demanding s**t, you know there's problems....

Kevin Durant needs to get his weight up. LeBron just b***hed him up the whole game.

I don't despise Durant, but the man is a stick figure....

to me, all he is, is a lanky ass SG....

these skinny type 6'9, 6'10+ guys w/ little rebounding prowess that are quick to shoot shoot shoot, are quitely taking over the league anyway....

way I see it fam, the Center position will become obsolete in the next handful of years or so... you can even see the diminishment of the position, in the college game, as well....

On another note, the Cavs are on a 100 Game loosing streak.

I am sure Bryon Scott now wished he sat out and waited for Phil Jackson to leave the lakers coaching job.

Out of a ton of bad teams in the NBA it amazing how fast the Cavs went from a NBA championship contender to the worse team in the NBA this season.

I am sure Bryon Scott now wished he sat out and waited for Phil Jackson to leave the lakers coaching job.

Out of a ton of bad teams in the NBA it amazing how fast the Cavs went from a NBA championship contender to the worse team in the NBA this season.

Speaking of my team the Lakers, Mitch Kuptchak is talking about shaking things up. Ever since that 4 game slump in dec. the Lakers have not been playing well. I say they trade Devin Ebanks, Derek Character for Rip Hamilton, but I dont think that can happen because of Shannon Brown backing up Kobe. Anyways the Lakers are the Lakers and will be ready when the time comes. But someone please tell Ron Artest that the season has started. Queensbridge!

The Cavs just fell to the Heat 117-90 and drop to 8-40 on the season.:eek: The record is 23 straight. It is now 21 in a row.

Speaking of my team the Lakers, Mitch Kuptchak is talking about shaking things up. Ever since that 4 game slump in dec. the Lakers have not been playing well. I say they trade Devin Ebanks, Derek Character for Rip Hamilton, but I dont think that can happen because of Shannon Brown backing up Kobe. Anyways the Lakers are the Lakers and will be ready when the time comes. But someone please tell Ron Artest that the season has started. Queensbridge!

The Cavs just fell to the Heat 117-90 and drop to 8-40 on the season.:eek: The record is 23 straight. It is now 21 in a row.

Wow I did not know it was that bad:o. The only reason the Cavs horrible record has not gotten more media attention is the NFL playoffs/super bowl.

So what is the record for longest losing streak in NBA history?

The record is 23 in a row by the Vancover Grizzles.

Oh that right. I am sure that team which correct me if wrong never made the playoffs in 8-9 years in Western Canada and thus the reason they moved to Memphis by 2002.

Even in Memphis the Grilzzlies have been crappy including making one of the worst trades in modern NBA History(in the salary cap era)of you know who.

It seems that both the Clippers and Grizzlies are cursed teams.

Oh that right. I am sure that team which correct me if wrong never made the playoffs in 8-9 years in Western Canada and thus the reason they moved to Memphis by 2002.

Even in Memphis the Grilzzlies have been crappy including making one of the worst trades in modern NBA History(in the salary cap era)of you know who.

It seems that both the Clippers and Grizzlies are cursed teams.

The Clippers have Blake Griffin. They're two years away from going to the Conference Finals. As for the Cavs, I feel sorry for the people who bought season tickets thinking LeBron was coming back.

The record epic losing streak for a single season is twenty-three, shared by the 1995-1996 Vancouver Grizzlies and 1997-1998 Denver Nuggets.

But the Cleveland Cavaliers have an epic twenty-four game losing streak over two seasons.

Some pretty bad basketball was played in Cleveland in 1981-1982 and 1982-83 by the Cavaliers.

They were 15-48 on Wednesday March 17, 1982 after an overtime 113-107 win over the San Diego Clippers but that was to be the Cavaliers' last win. They mailed it in with nineteen straight losses to finish 1981-1982 15-67. The Cavaliers opened the 1982-1983 season on Friday October 29, 1982 with a 104-93 loss to the C's then lost the next four games to start 0-5. Twenty-four straight losses, but over two seasons.

Incredibly, after an overtime 132-120 win over the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday November 10, 1982, the Cavaliers lost seven more games to start 1-12. Thirty-six losses out of thirty-seven games, again over two seasons. They would finish 1982-1983 23-59.

Through all the madness of 1981-1982 and 1982-1983, the Cavaliers went through five (5) head coaches and hung on as they attracted only 236,523 and 160.537 fans for 41 home games.

The 1980-1981 and 1983-1984 Cavaliers weren't much better at 28-54 and 28-54.

The Clippers have Blake Griffin. They're two years away from going to the Conference Finals. As for the Cavs, I feel sorry for the people who bought season tickets thinking LeBron was coming back.

aight, blake griffin is a beast... we get it.

hop off his nuts already...

aint no clippers makin no western conference finals in two years....

The Grizzlies sucked from day one.

yeah... poor shareef abdur rahim.... and that other overrated hick they had... big country reeves or some'n like that...

Just curious: When the Grizzlies couldn't make it in Vancouver, why did the N.B.A. go to Memphis (former A.B.A. city) and not back to Saint Louis (which had the Hawks 1955-1956 through 1967-1968) or Kansas City (which had the Kings 1972-1973 through 1984-1985)?

The Thunder seem to be doing good in Oklahoma City as Oklahoma City and Oklahoma's first major team in the big four (M.L.B., N.F.L., N.B.A., N.H.L.).

The Clippers used to be Buffalo's N.B.A. team (Buffalo Braves 1970-1971 through 1977-1978) then tried San Diego (1978-1979 through 1983-1984).

Down ball action, Center court action, N.B.A. all the way....

Just curious: When the Grizzlies couldn't make it in Vancouver, why did the N.B.A. go to Memphis (former A.B.A. city) and not back to Saint Louis (which had the Hawks 1955-1956 through 1967-1968) or Kansas City (which had the Kings 1972-1973 through 1984-1985)?

The Thunder seem to be doing good in Oklahoma City as Oklahoma City and Oklahoma's first major team in the big four (M.L.B., N.F.L., N.B.A., N.H.L.).

The Clippers used to be Buffalo's N.B.A. team (Buffalo Braves 1970-1971 through 1977-1978) then tried San Diego (1978-1979 through 1983-1984).

Down ball action, Center court action, N.B.A. all the way....

Thanks for the history lesson lol :cool:

Archived