Teens Playing Chicken with a NYC Subway

Abba

There was only about 10 seconds elapsed from when the last kid climbed back up to when the train passed through that spot. Now what would have happened if that kid had tripped or fell on his way up?

He'd be dead, and a T/O would have to take a pee test and be out of service pending the outcome of an investigation that would be a huge pain for him/her, but ultimately conclude it wasn't the T/O's fault. There'd be a 5-10% chance the T/O would never return after being stricken with grief and post traumatic stress, in which case he/she must now find new work or take a demotion to a former title if able. Otherwise the T/O would return to service after a period of some level of counseling ranging from 3 days to several months.

Then the taxpayers would have to pay his "grieving" family millions of dollars because of the MTA's "safety oversight" after an ambulance chaser lawyer convinces them to sue. After lawyer's fees, the family gets $10,000 and the lawyer pockets the rest.

The news of the lawyer's rake from the case makes 10 more small children who read it in the Post want to be lawyers, thus contributing to the further destruction of our society.

Cynicism can be funny...sometimes. But this isn't as much of an exaggeration as you might be inclined to believe at first glance.

Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.:tdown:

Yes you can. Darwin Awards.

and you'd have done society a favor.

these kids are morons. watch one of them get hit in the next couple months, then it's going to be a bunch of crying sobbing friends and relatives who think he was a good kid. no he won't be. he'd be an idiot still. only difference is once he gets hit he'll be a dead idiot.

just like the kids in 2009 who tried to cross the express tracks on upper lex at either 103 or 110 and got picked off by an express right? nice kids, honor roll, all that, right?

smart people don't gamble their life for cheap thrills. if you want to do that there's always skydiving, REAL big wave surfing, and bungee jumping.

That reminds me of a rash of subway surfing incidents in 2000. One of them involved a fourteen year old kid who decided to ride the top of a R32 at West 4th Street and wound up under the train. That night the mother sobbed and the kids that were with him when he died (who ironically didn't tell him that riding the top of the train might be a bad idea) were sobbing as if it was a real tragedy. They gave the whole smart kid, honor roll bullsh*t that you mentioned and the parents had the audacity to sue the TA (I think the agency settled out of court).

Yes you can. Darwin Awards.

That reminds me of a rash of subway surfing incidents in 2000. One of them involved a fourteen year old kid who decided to ride the top of a R32 at West 4th Street and wound up under the train. That night the mother sobbed and the kids that were with him when he died (who ironically didn't tell him that riding the top of the train might be a bad idea) were sobbing as if it was a real tragedy. They gave the whole smart kid, honor roll bullsh*t that you mentioned and the parents had the audacity to sue the TA (I think the agency settled out of court).

Of course.

In the Middle East, fundamentalist organizations were giving money to families who raised suicide bombers that targeted jews.

In America, the powers that be give money to families who raise idiots.

Idiots! Then when they all get 12-9ed... What are the parents gonna say? SUE THE (MTA)..!!!!

People these days who do crazy sh9t make me wanna SPIT on there FACES! :mad:

Now because of them and others we MAY be getting SCREEN doors for there BS!

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Kinda makes you wonder where society is heading these days...under the train

If I was that T/O, I would speed the train up. Then after hitting them I would back the train up to make sure the job is done.

Then you really wouldve gotten trouble...you're not supposed to operste in reverse, no matter how tempting it is to "finish the job" B)

The solution to overpopulation and stupidity: KILL STUPID PEOPLE!!!

Too bad we can't do that these days.

Then a few people on these boards would have to be on that list as well.

I'd like to agree with some of your posts (not you in particular, I'm referring to everyone that posted), but they sound a bit similar to a small moustached crazy eyed Austrian dude I heard of living in Germany a few decades ago. The herd does need thinning, but let's leave it to nature to do that, even though nature has been procrastinating on its to do list with that item.

If those idiot's got hit, I wouldn't feel bad at all. You put your hand in an angry dog's mouth, you deserve to be bitten. I would feel bad for the Train Operator that hit them though and the guilt s/he may feel that he or she killed them, even though in reality they got themselves killed. Maybe those glass doors in front of the platform the TA wants to put in won't be a total waste. It takes a while to clean up trash when it's stuck under a train full of blood. People need to get to work. These morons look like future TSA employees who do the gate rape at the airports sticking their hands up people crotches.

The idiots jumping up like little b*tches reminds me of the thuggish morons that jaywalk in my path when I'm driving and run like b*tches when I speed up after seeing them jaywalking. Not so tough when you realize what a nothing you are. I also like blasting an airhorn at them while passing. The doofy look on their faces after their eardrums have been bruised is priceless.

I'd like to agree with some of your posts (not you in particular, everyone that posted), but they sound a bit similar to a small moustached crazy eyed Austrian dude I heard of living in Germany a few decades ago.

Godwin's Law -- check!

These stupid kids were definitely in more danger than they think they were. If you noticed from the video, the T/O NEVER honked the horn, which means he did not see them and only would have seen them when stopping in time would be physically impossible.

Then a few people on these boards would have to be on that list as well.

I'd like to agree with some of your posts (not you in particular, I'm referring to everyone that posted), but they sound a bit similar to a small moustached crazy eyed Austrian dude I heard of living in Germany a few decades ago. The herd does need thinning, but let's leave it to nature to do that, even though nature has been procrastinating on its to do list with that item.

If those idiot's got hit, I wouldn't feel bad at all. You put your hand in an angry dog's mouth, you deserve to be bitten. I would feel bad for the Train Operator that hit them though and the guilt s/he may feel that he or she killed them, even though in reality they got themselves killed. Maybe those glass doors in front of the platform the TA wants to put in won't be a total waste. It takes a while to clean up trash when it's stuck under a train full of blood. People need to get to work. These morons look like future TSA employees who do the gate rape at the airports sticking their hands up people crotches.

The idiots jumping up like little b*tches reminds me of the thuggish morons that jaywalk in my path when I'm driving and run like b*tches when I speed up after seeing them jaywalking. Not so tough when you realize what a nothing you are. I also like blasting an airhorn at them while passing. The doofy look on their faces after their eardrums have been bruised is priceless.

Well, yeah, let's leave it to nature. Their stupidity and their stupid actions will most likely result in a shorter lifespan anyways :(

They should have gotten hit by that train. That'll definitely teach them a lesson.

Yeah, but I don't want the train operator to have to suffer the trauma. It's too bad that the third rail couldn't have zapped them.

I think you would still get into hot water. Theirs a timer just before that station so your not coming in all that fast - giving you ample time to spot them and hit the eb. I'm pretty sure the (MTA) would question why you hit the eb so late.

Unless it has changed, there are no timers going northbound from the portal until past Rogers Junction. That said, the T/O would have gotten in hot water for other reasons, because he should have seen the obstruction on the tracks.

Archived