Brooklyn Suspect Arrested Following Two-Borough Stabbing Spree

Nova RTS 9147

The man who allegedly stabbed, slashed and carjacked his way through Brooklyn and Manhattan, and killed four people in the process, was arrested this morning in the Times Square, according to sources.

Police arrested Maksim Gelman, 23, seen above, this morning inside the subway station at West 40th Street and Seventh Avenue, after they say he stabbed a man aboard a 3 train shortly after 9 a.m.

Gelman is accused of stabbing four people yesterday and killing three of them.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/133827/brooklyn-suspect-arrested-following-two-borough-stabbing-spree

I hope he gets the death penalty for his crimes.

I hope he gets the death penalty for his crimes.

What death penalty? It was declared unconstitutional a few years ago.(2004)

When was the last time they executed somebody in NY? 1976.

Hopefully he will do the right thing and kill himself in prison.

Mix him in with the general prison population and see how long he lasts.

I saw alot of police in sheepsheadbay lastnight , this guy was caught at 8 40 , stabbing someone in the neack , he killed 5 people , then stole a car then hit someone on ocean parkway then stole another car and drove to east new york , idiot why would you get on the train . Now hes caught the knife was full of blood http://www.dnainfo.com/20110212/midtown/madman-wanted-for-killing-spree-stabs-straphanger-times-square .

Are people these days so bored that they need to go out and kill?

Off topic, but honestly, I think only idiots get influenced by violent games. I think that many of the teens I know are mature enough to go play rated M games without becoming FBI's Most Wanted

A lot of the people who are influenced enough by video games to do stupid sh*t like that are either mentally challenged or are the victims of atrocious parenting!

Remember how Jeffrey Dahmer died in prison? this guy

will have a big bulls eye on his back. He will be housed with inmates with nothing to lose.

The great pain that he inflicted on his victims will come back to him.

"God says the worst thing a human can do to you is kill you, but he God can hurt you worse.

So worry about what God is going to do to you after you die. There's no escape."

Are people these days so bored that they need to go out and kill?

Off topic, but honestly, I think only idiots get influenced by violent games. I think that many of the teens I know are mature enough to go play rated M games without becoming FBI's Most Wanted

If you seriously believe that this guys violent acts were influenced by video games or movies, then you reall y need to have your head checked.

This guy had deep seeded issues since childhood to be able to do something like this. Hes the kind of guy who probably gets off on torturing animals.

If you seriously believe that this guys violent acts were influenced by video games or movies, then you reall y need to have your head checked.

This guy had deep seeded issues since childhood to be able to do something like this. Hes the kind of guy who probably gets off on torturing animals.

People look for the easiest targets to blame. Video games happen to be one of them. I don't remember me, my next door neighbors' kids, nor any of my friends who played video games ever throwing fits of rage or violence.

Listen I am a teenager, and I don't play any violent video games, nor do I do anything violent, or typically believe in violence unless if we are talking about a just war here. Though I believe that most of the violence isn't just due to violent games. I think the family system, and the social system in this nation is extremely out of shape. Parents get drunk, parents beat their kids, kids do things that we don't want to mention, kids become bullies, parents smoke, and parents don't monitor their kids enough to keep track of them.

There are also many more reasons like poverty, and bullying by kids at school along with a poor social life that would lead to this too. Thus not just this nation is falling apart, but the World. Once upon a time family would be close together, but the problem is technology advancements allow parents to not keep a close eye on their kids. Thus the kids are going to become criminals, and breed more crime into our world. The only way this is going to work is if you monitor your kids closely.

Another chunk of problems is teens are doing the same thing as in the parents section I mentioned in paragraph one. With the problems parents are doing they are causing the same problems to kids. When kids see this they think it is alright, and they do it too. This isn't a good thing for the world if we keep going down this horrible path. This world would continue on it's rampage till we kill each other, and that is when man will learn, but by then it would be too late, and this horrible truth would be revealed to us.

People look for the easiest targets to blame. Video games happen to be one of them. I don't remember me, my next door neighbors' kids, nor any of my friends who played video games ever throwing fits of rage or violence.

I used to play Mortal Kombat. That doesn't mean I want to decapitate someone.

A lot of the people who are influenced enough by video games to do stupid sh*t like that are either mentally challenged or are the victims of atrocious parenting!

That could be the case, and even if it was, no one held a gun to his head and said he had to do it.

Video games dont cause people to do stupid things. You play the game, its your choice, you do the crime, its your choice.

Archived