Anyone ride any express buses...

Harry

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I get the chance, I'll try to take an MTA express Bus (BM1, BM2 or BQM1). I like the MCI Cruisers, so I think Spring Creek has too many Orion Vs (that's my opinion). The service is there when you need it, but don't rely on it other than rush hour, pretty much, unless you know the schedules by heart or have them on you.

As for MTA NYCT, I only rode the X29, which was on time for the most part.

• 1 year later...

Sometimes i take the express bus home, like both the CNG and MCI. IMO i don't think the MTA spec'd the crusiers right, yesterday i rode an Tappan zee express MCI and the seats were MUCH better and comfy. The TA MCI crusiers the seats are a bit too stiff, the CNG has softer seats and is faster. I miss the classics as well, but i only rode the transit verison that GBL had they were nice buses. Fially got to ride surbuban Classics back at the bus rodeo, it was a nice had good seats and nice sounding engine. :)

Following Express Buses I rode:

Brooklyn:

BM2: Because of ex-Command CNG, when that came I thought that was BM2, but to findout I boarded B103 LTD by mistake and I transfer to BM2 and I told the situation to driver I got on wrong bus.

BM3: From Emmons Av/Shore Rd to Madison Av/41st Sts I think.

BxM1: I rode this when it was Liberty Lines, then I rode again after MTA took over.

BxM2: Nice ride.

BxM3: Nice ride.

BxM4B: It didn't feel like express when I took it from Woodlawn Station to 84th St.

BxM4C (Bee-Line): I rode about five times (Even thought not MTA)

BxM6: It was nice ride.

BxM7: I love the way it goes around Co-Op City.

BxM7A: I rode it about few times I think.

BxM9: I rode twice.

BxM10: I rode the ex-NYBS fleet with MTA symbol, then also MTA. I also use this as backup to BxM11 when I was going to Bronx Zoo.

BxM11: This was excellent.

QM1/A: I used this when I went to Queens County Farm Museum.

QM4: Nice ride.

QM10: Nice ride, but awfull. Because long time I ago, I wasn't aware of Daytime Saving Change, and I wasn't sure who was correct and it seem like I waiting at Rego Park's first stop for VERY LONG TIME!. It must been about 50 Q38s pass on 62nd Drive I think before QM10 showed up.

QM15: I used this when I was at Howard Beach. I remember one time, Greg on Q21 on MTA Ex-Green Bus Line fleet pulled in front of QM15 using ex-Green Line Orion. It was nice ride to me.

QM22: I was only one on 10:00 bus when I rode this and just like BxM4B, not feel like express.

X1 Mostly from Eltingville to 42nd St area.

X10: One ride from 23rd St to 5

X17C: Mostly between Midtown and Huguenot/Eltingville. Before and after SIE Exclusive Bus Lane. Bus Lane was BEST.

X23 Atlantic Express under NYCDOT, partnership with MTA: This was one of my favorite.

X25: It was my favorite

X51: I only rode once from 57th St-Mad Av to Sanford Av somewhere (because I couldn't find 55th St bus stop b/c routes are being reposted.

X90: I only rode this when it was using Orion Bus.

I've been on the BxM11, BxM10, BxM6, BxM7A, BxM2, and BxM7.

I'm a regular BxM7 rider. I take it Wednesday mornings when my classes are early, and at night if I've been in Manhattan too long and am simply too tired to take the train back. Plus, because getting from Pelham Bay Station is such a pain after 8:30 PM, the bus is the better option.

never

I was wonderig if student passes are allowed? And will be fared as any NYCTA route?

Are they allowed?

On MTA NYCT Buses, I believe you pay 5 bucks either way. On MTA Bus-es, you dip your card in and pay 2.50. Yes, they're allowed.

Archived