R68s going to the G?

If the (G) have R68's it would the line would be maintained by Coney, so it could be like....

Jamaica: (E)(F)(R)

Coney: (;)(G)(N)(R)

Well what can I say.... Coney Island is infact alot larger than Jamaica, so why not transfer the (G) to Coney

Has Coney Island ever maintained R46's??

dont forget the (S) Franklin Av Shuttle is also out of Coney Island yard, even though it uses its own R68's.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would never happen, they would just cut service,

Of course they would. Heaven forbid they should find a way, "creative" as it may be, to keep (C) service running during the summer if the R32 A/C units crap out. I sure hope they will at least consider pulling some R44 sets out of storage to keep the line running.

are you a foamer? again with the R160's on the (;) :mad: did you not read my post? why would the MTA place only 5 train sets on the (:) ?? huh? R46's to C.I. are you insane? Highly UN likely. Now stop trying to confuse people with your lil dreams man:mad:

There you go calling people your STUPID term. Hey when you ask that do you look in the mirror???

While I do believe in your story, 1 thing is NOT gonna happen: "and then R44's on the C"

The R44's will never enter service again, except in summer when the R32 AC is broken.

That didn't make anysense.1st you're saying the 44's will never enter service again in other words permanentely retired.Then you're saying except in the Summer.Is that not putting the 44's in service again whether its just for a day,week or month?

The 44's that are stripped are retired.The ones in Pitken are sitting in there.Some in Coney idk,Concourse are not being touched and the ones at 207th are being stripped also.

The ones in Pitken are inactive but not RETIRED.I guess I can say the same about the ones in Concourse yard also.

So basically some are retired and some are not.

Wait... If the (G) is going to be based out of C.I., doesn't that mean it could use R160's?

just a thought...

Also what are they going to do when they have that G.O. where the (F) goes to Euclid Avenue and (G) to C.I.? Will they run 8 car sets on the (G) or add in a few R160's because there won't be enough R68/A's?

:confused:

Wait... If the (G) is going to be based out of C.I., doesn't that mean it could use R160's?

just a thought...

Also what are they going to do when they have that G.O. where the (F) goes to Euclid Avenue and (G) to C.I.? Will they run 8 car sets on the (G) or add in a few R160's because there won't be enough R68/A's?

Yes it could of course whatever is available.As far as G.O's (F) to Pukelid,(G) To Coney it'll most likely use (:P equipment since it doesn't run on weekends.And yes full length.Whatever equipment is available will be used.

You forgot that R143 set that crashed...its being fixed and upgraded to run like an R160 :P

It would be weird to see something that is a mix between the R160 & 143.

It has the AdTranz Propulsion, but it looks like an R160, has R160 interior LED signs, and doesn't have that LED sign on the side that usually advertises Access-a-ride.

I don't know if it would have a FIND or strip map.

Yes it could of course whatever is available.As far as G.O's (F) to Euclid,(G) To Coney it'll most likely use (;) equipment since it doesn't run on weekends.And yes full length.Whatever equipment is available will be used.

fixed B)

just a thought...

It "could" but that's not the case. They would only put R68's on the (G). That's the plan, NOT R160's.

Wait so the (G) is being extended to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue for the summer?. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if this happens I am going to do a special railfanning day for one summer day.

No, it's moving to Coney Island Yard.

Same workplace, different home.

Archived