R68s going to the G?

Well since the (N) runs 5 sets of R68 and the (G) would require 10 sets which are coming off the (N), its gonna be short 5 sets, which are gonna have to come off the (B), which means the (B) is now gonna need 5 more sets, meaning its gonna get 5 sets of R160, or (Highly Doubtful, R46) This summers gonna be very interesting......

are you a foamer? again with the R160's on the (B) :mad: did you not read my post? why would the MTA place only 5 train sets on the (B) ?? huh? R46's to C.I. are you insane? Highly UN likely. Now stop trying to confuse people with your lil dreams man:mad:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are you a foamer? again with the R160's on the (B) :mad: did you not read my post? why would the MTA place only 5 train sets on the (B) ?? huh? R46's to C.I. are you insane? Highly UN likely. Now stop trying to confuse people with your lil dreams man:mad:

Vinny actually a point and I was thinking about that as well. Not saying that it will happen, but the chances of seeing an R160 on the (B) would be an interesting chance. Though, right now its too early to speculate on what might happen. We don't want certain people going crazy over certain things that might be said on here.

Jamaica can't afford to send their R160s or R46s down there because the (E) & (F) uses a ton of trains to meet with the demand. The (F) uses 42 or so trains for the entire line. What I was thinking (again, not saying that it will happen) is that they send some of the spare R46s over to the (F) with some 160s down to C.I including their own train 8713-8722. The only way I can see this working out perfectly is if the (G) is a split operation between Coney Island & Jamaica, half R46s and half R68s.

Listen you, calm down and and dont be talking like that to me, sit back relax and take a chill pill.....

I aint a foamer unlike other ppl on here, and if they wanted to place 5 sets or just a 1 set, they will do that if they need to. And thats why I said: (Highly Doubtful, R46), before attacking me next time, make sure you proof read what others said and please make sure your doing so correctly B) I aint confusing anybody, just your confused lil self...

BTW, And I aint dreaming, im saying what MIGHT happen..

GOOD NIGHT

Vinny actually a point and I was thinking about that as well. Not saying that it will happen, but the chances of seeing an R160 on the (B) would be an interesting chance. Though, right now its too early to speculate on what might happen. We don't want certain people going crazy over certain things that might be said on here.

Jamaica can't afford to send their R160s or R46s down there because the (E) & (F) uses a ton of trains to meet with the demand. The (F) uses 42 or so trains for the entire line. What I was thinking (again, not saying that it will happen) is that they send some of the spare R46s over to the (F) with some 160s down to C.I including their own train 8713-8722. The only way I can see this working out perfectly is if the (G) is a split operation between Coney Island & Jamaica, half R46s and half R68s.

Exactly, it makes sense in ways, but whatever happens, happens.

Oh, dear God. Can't this town go one day without a riot?

quimby.gif

This is why some discussions about a train move that is heard by railfaners is not reliable information. I amn going to tell you all what may happen. 5, 8 car sets (give or take 2) of R68s will go to the (G). That will be all. I will let you do the rest.

If we can keep this discussion going, like this last page, Ill let this continue. For you immature brats, who must ruin everything, Ill close the thread, and I will deal with you personally.

Get my drift? :mad:

:) I like that! Good moderation.

I am going to tell you all what may happen. 5, 8 car sets (give or take 2) of R68s will go to the (G). That will be all. I will let you do the rest.

Wait... Why should it be 5 75-foot car sets rather than 4? because currently the (G) is 4 75 foot cars long...

Wait... Why should it be 5 75-foot car sets rather than 4? because currently the (G) is 4 75 foot cars long...

Smh....he didnt say 5 75 ft car trains, he meant 5 8 car sets with is 5 standard length trains to be used as 10 4 cars (G) trains

Smh....he didnt say 5 75 ft car trains, he meant 5 8 car sets with is 5 standard length trains to be used as 10 4 cars (G) trains

whoops sorry didn't see. But Ive heard in the past that ppl keep saying that its going to be 5 car sets of 75 foot R68's... :confused:

whoops sorry didn't see. But Ive heard in the past that ppl keep saying that its going to be 5 car sets of 75 foot R68's... :confused:

You can't... The R68's USED to be all singles you could even catch the RFW on it. But then the MTA made it into 4 car married pairs!

Coney Island should have a few trains sets to spare. When the W was eliminated last June, the Q needed additional trains but not all of the trains that previously ran on the W. Net the new Q (to Astoria) and N require 5 fewer trains than the N,Q,W required. At that time CI had an R32 that is no longer used so perhaps it is only 4 extra train sets. So using 5 full length train sets of R68 (or R68a's) on the G should be doable without the need for more trains. If need be, Jamaica can send 2 sets of R160's (8713-8722 and 9143-9152) so that the split of the 1,290 R160's in 5 car sets becomes 790 Jamaica and 500 CI. The E and F can remain 100% R160 with no R160's on the R. The R can get 2 8 car sets of R46's from the G and Jam can send 5 8 car sets of R46's to Pitkin. These trains will most likely end up on the C which will lose some R32's to ENY as it appears the MTA wants to get rid of the remaining R42's there. The MTA always wanted to get rid of those cars. The only reason they could not after the last 32 R160's (9943-9974) came in was because the M was extended to Forest Hills and thus 5 more sets of M trains were needed for service. Had the M never been extended, ENY would be all R143/R160 now. Expect to see R46's and then R44's on the C in the months ahead with a small # of R32's. Some of the R32's are bad. I rode the C last week and it was a horrible ride.

I wonder if the MTA will borrow trains from other systems to make up for the tentative crap-out of the R32s A/C this summer. That'll be very interesting.

Some R44 sets will come out of retirement and go on the (C) because some R32 sets are going into storage during the summer.

I wonder if the MTA will borrow trains from other systems to make up for the tentative crap-out of the R32s A/C this summer. That'll be very interesting.

That would never happen, they would just cut service,

If the (G) have R68's it would the line would be maintained by Coney, so it could be like....

Jamaica: (E)(F)(R)

Coney: (;)(G)(N)(R)

Well what can I say.... Coney Island is infact alot larger than Jamaica, so why not transfer the (G) to Coney

Has Coney Island ever maintained R46's??

While I do believe in your story, 1 thing is NOT gonna happen: "and then R44's on the C"

The R44's will never enter service again, except in summer when the R32 AC is broken.

I meant the R44's will run in summer service - at least for now - who knows what happens post Sep 2011.

Archived