R68s going to the G?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I heard... R68's are going on the (G) while during the summer time some R44's will come out of retirement and go on the (C)

They're not retired they're just inactive.The ones in 207th & Concourse also Coney are retired Pitkin 64 cars are just supplement.If they do make a return I'm hearing May 2011 and for the rest of the Summer.

An 8 car R42 cannot run on those lines in service as the conductor boards do not line up and will only line up if it stops all the way at the 10 which would leave a large empty space at the end of the platform. This would cause people to run and get injured which is why the Slants Mods and 42s stopped running on the (C) a long time ago.

They can and there's nothing to be proved.Samething with an R-46 (Q)(B) it can run on Brighton but its very unlikely.And yea I know that's the reason why Slant/Mod/42 didn't run on the (C) for long.

They're not retired they're just inactive.The ones in 207th & Concourse also Coney are retired Pitkin 64 cars are just supplement.If they do make a return I'm hearing May 2011 and for the rest of the Summer.

Well no... They retired them but there bringing them back because the R32's have problems during the summer. So really the plan was to retire them but, the R32's are acting funky because of there age.

I don't really like the idea of hearing the R44's return. Especially due to the problems the cars have, and how the fiberglass, and carbon ends are holding up. They aren't doing so well themselves.

Don't worry you'll see them soon. A bunch of R32's should be going to storage because the of A/C problems. So the R44's will do the job until the end of the summer.

R68 on the (G), id like to see. But lets see whats in it for the (B) & (Q).

Yea the rock inside your moms pants oh wait thats called a kooche

Yeah under Patrick Stars rock if you ask me..

LMAO they are. I think it was a Concourse Yard R42 cause they got 1 there, also they got about 10 R40S cars

Haha And I Wasn't Lying..........

The (C) has a few i rode on one a week ago it was a nasty ride:eek:

Your still living in 2008 when the R42s were on the (C)? Wake up this is 2011, there aint no R42s on the (C) unless someone plays the roll sign game...............

Btw your stinking this thread with your foaminess please go here instead:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27529

Yea the rock inside your moms pants oh wait thats called a kooche

Again...did you NOT READ what Zach put??? and pretty immature don't you think?

Can anybody shed some light on this? As I read elsewhere, that the (G) might become a Coney Island Based Train, and R68s might take over the route fully? :tdown:

Lets keep this discussion at a MATURE level please..

Anyways...R68 on the (G) isn't a bad idea...Hopefully it doesn't delay the Culver B)

I don't really like the idea of hearing the R44's return. Especially due to the problems the cars have, and how the fiberglass, and carbon ends are holding up. They aren't doing so well themselves.

If you don't feel safe or and trust them then don't ride them.Its not like 8 sets of 44's can cover the (C).I trust these cars even with their structural problems they got me to my destination just don't think bad about them if you do don't get on just stay the f**k off.

I think those few R160s the (R) uses will be a thing of the past, they'll be back on the (E)(F) or (N) again. 160s may not make it uptown as Concourse as far as I know does not have the necessary equipment to fix 160s, remember new barns were built/remodeled at Jamaica and Coney for the 160s. It would be a logistical nightmare to have 160s on a line and only one place to service them. Also remember, its not like you need a huge number of trains to run on the (G), each 68/68A set you take makes two (G) trains. I think it'll stay mostly R46 with some R68 making their way over. The 68A on the (N) might disappear as well, and the (N) may again become 100% 160.

Sea beach told me this about a week ago, June 26, 2011, R68/A are suposed to go on the (G). Now I dunno if its R68 or R68A or both, but whatever it is its going to be interesting B)

I guess Im going to have to catch as many (G) and (C) shots as I can! :cool:

But hold it... If the (G) is no longer going to be a JY, that means some R46 wont be needed. So will those R46 be sent to C.I. to run on the (N)(Q), or sent to the (C) which will bump out the R32's... and if the R32's are bumped out, where will they go? the (R)? :confused:

anyway Before Sea Beach Actually told me, I thought it was just another foamtastic idea, like the R32's on the (J).

But seriously, it would be cool to have an R68/A on the (G)! :cool:

Sea beach told me this about a week ago, June 26, 2011, R68/A are suposed to go on the (G). Now I dunno if its R68 or R68A or both, but whatever it is its going to be interesting B)

But hold it... If the (G) is no longer going to be a JY, that means some R46 wont be needed. So will those R46 be sent to C.I. to run on the (N)(Q), or sent to the (C) which will bump out the R32's... and if the R32's are bumped out, where will they go? the (R)? :confused:

anyway Before Sea Beach Actually told me, I thought it was just another foamtastic idea, like the R32's on the (J).

Good question...

Honest to god I wish those R46s would venture back to the (F) and shift some more of those R160s to the (R). Those R32s might be booted out in place of the R46s for the (C) line. No sense in sending those R46s to C.I for the (N) and (Q) when the (Q) is 100% R160 with the (N) running at least 5 trainsets of either R68 sets.

Those R46 might go back to JAM when the (G) gets those R68/A.

well if the (G) gets R68/R68A's the R46's would be placed on the (R) thus meaning the 3 to 5 spares of R160's wont run on the (R) anymore. Jamaica would most likely then send out 9143-9192 to C.I. to fill the gap on the (N) cuz on the (N) it runs 5 R68 sets and if the (G) stays at 4 car sets, the R68's will equal 10 sets of 4. as for R46's to pitkin or 207st? Most likely Wont happen...they have enough R46 spares. also there is no need to bump off R32's why do you think there are 240 R32's with the (C) only using 180? simply because it leaves room to retire certain cars if they're performing really badly

Well since the (N) runs 5 sets of R68 and the (G) would require 10 sets which are coming off the (N), its gonna be short 5 sets, which are gonna have to come off the (B), which means the (B) is now gonna need 5 more sets, meaning its gonna get 5 sets of R160, or (Highly Doubtful, R46) This summers gonna be very interesting......

Archived