R68s going to the G?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be weird to see something that is a mix between the R160 & 143.

It has the AdTranz Propulsion, but it looks like an R160, has R160 interior LED signs, and doesn't have that LED sign on the side that usually advertises Access-a-ride.

I don't know if it would have a FIND or strip map.

Just to let you know kid, my post was total sarcasm

What exactly goes wrong with those R32 A/C units?

There old...

Not only that but their HVACs don't work very well underground. However I don't recall something like this happening in 2009 at all, that year the R32s were fine.

If they did move the R160 to the (:D would it be because of the two different northern terminals?

I doubt it because it's not like the (B) uses 2 terminals at the same time. It is rush hours and middays. Plenty of time to change the signs back. The only reason any would end up on the (B) is if the (N)(Q) are 100% R160s and there's no more trains to displace.

Couple of thoughts...

What's going to happen to Church Av lower (where as many as 7 trains can be stored and still have room for relays)...

Why wouldnt they just move the 46s down to CIY and store them there, its not THAT many trains now... (G) line supt himself said he heard nothing about 68's going on his line.

• 4 weeks later...

The current ERA Bulletin that just came out also mentions this. I hadn't heard about it recently, and thought it was dropped, at least for now.

I can't understand why they are pushing this, instead of the 160's. It's a line that runs OPTO on weekends, and I belive they're thinking of expanding it, and that is pretty long for OPTO. Both the 68's and 46's have all been retrofitted with enablers now, and on this equipment that was not originally built for it, the T/O has to enable himself! (The NTT's disable the feature when both the controller and door panel are activated in the same position).

What are they thinking about? Why can't they just put 160's there?

From what I understood, the 60 R160A2's (8600's), were specifically ordered for the (G).

They should just put those on there like originally planned, and then the 46's would either go to Queens, and push some of the 160's to CI (including the CI set used for the seating test, which I believe is over), or in light of this whole 32/46 shift on the (A)(C) mentioned here, they might have to send 32's back to CI.

Archived