Where are the best places to film PATH without getting harassed?

buswizard

Being that it is against the rules, you can expect PAPD to pick you up at any time. Then again, it depends on the people too. When I fanned back in December, I didn't have any problems and I covered every station except for Harrison, Newark and those along 6th Avenue.

You can try fanning Journal Square(Outside of the station), they have a pretty good view from the top of the open cut and a freight track around there plus other spots, nearby.

for Underground, 23rd is best but Northbound tho and better to be at the END of the platform(back) and not let an engineer or c/r catch u, even security.

If you see cams around just stay under while taking what ever pix u gonna take AT your own risk and safety!

btw it always helps to have a radio or scanner with u to determine any reports made.

And don't stay to long at a station since you don't know who shows up for trouble~

I heard PA may drop the rules of photos in the future due to too many people getting stopped over photography, still waiting for source to see if this is true or not.

23rd Street and 14th Street have little police presence. Same goes for Harrison. Having said that, I wouldn't suggest staying in one place for too long since there's cameras all over. Also, try and get the back of trains instead of the front.

I agree with Harrison. It is an out of the way station. The station with the most cops is Pavonia/Newport.

When I was at Pavonia-Newport, none of PATH Passenger did not know about photo policy.

When I was heading with my Japanese guest friend to Pavonia-Newport when we took ourself picture in PA-5, nice Chinese lady I think took our picture.

When I take picture of city and airport shuttle bus at LaGuardia Airport, none of PANY&NJ B/O didn't say anything.

Just because you can't see police doesn't mean they are not in the security room at that station watching you on the CCTV. There is police presence at every station, if you see them or not.

I would suggest being really careful, because all the conductors and all of the engineers, track workers etc.. caring about the rule or not, they do know about it.

I have had pretty good luck filming out the front between newark penn and hudson yard, but after that it tends to get redundant/people start looking at you, and you can't do that if you get on a PA-5.

- A

btw it always helps to have a radio or scanner with u to determine any reports made.

WRONG advice to give. Using a scanner while committing a crime is illegal. Since taking photography on the PATH system is illegal, you'll be in further trouble if you get caught for photography plus carrying a scanner.

I agree with Harrison. It is an out of the way station. The station with the most cops is Pavonia/Newport.

Nah, the police presence at Newport is not heavy at all.

World Trade Center, Exchange Place, and Grove Street has heavy presence of PAPD.

Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll see what I can do. Doing this is basically the equivalent of trying to rob a maximum security bank without being caught. I do hope they decide to lift the ban. I mean, just because it directly serves the ground zero area shouldn't mean that nine and a half years later, they put a fear-based ban on innocent tourists with a transit interest!!

a friend of mine called bebo2good1 who makes videos on youtube took videos on the path at grove street for 10 freaking minutes with out moving from tht pace. he did it at the front of the platform were the engineer can see you and he had a scanner to check if he was caught to get out as quickly ass possibe.

What's all the fuss about taking a picture? Big Deal. Security? Why would a would-be terrorist need to take a picture for? If someone was "casing" a location to commit a crime, all they would need to do was look. Not take pictures and attract attention.

Talk about paranoia....

What's all the fuss about taking a picture? Big Deal. Security? Why would a would-be terrorist need to take a picture for? If someone was "casing" a location to commit a crime, all they would need to do was look. Not take pictures and attract attention.

Talk about paranoia....

That's post-9/11 for ya....no matter where you go someone will make a big deal about taking pics of the subway, railroad and bus systems!

Nah, the police presence at Newport is not heavy at all.

World Trade Center, Exchange Place, and Grove Street has heavy presence of PAPD.

23rd Street and 14th Street have little police presence. Same goes for Harrison. Having said that, I wouldn't suggest staying in one place for too long since there's cameras all over. Also, try and get the back of trains instead of the front.

14th & 33rd Street has seen an increase of activity as of late, my recent travels through those stations, seen at least 2 PAPD cops on the platforms in both stations. I do agree with WTC, Exchange Place & Grove Street being the stations with very heavy PAPD presence, Hoboken is moderate. Christopher & 9th Streets seem to be the stations with the least overall, but as always, it's not as easy as it looks.

You can try fanning Journal Square(Outside of the station), they have a pretty good view from the top of the open cut and a freight track around there plus other spots, nearby.

for Underground, 23rd is best but Northbound tho and better to be at the END of the platform(back) and not let an engineer or c/r catch u, even security.

If you see cams around just stay under while taking what ever pix u gonna take AT your own risk and safety!

And don't stay to long at a station since you don't know who shows up for trouble~

I heard PA may drop the rules of photos in the future due to too many people getting stopped over photography, still waiting for source to see if this is true or not.

Not as of late, PA cops have been on the surface, and the PAPD is IN JSQ Station. Bringing a scanner with you onto the PATH will make the situation 10x worse as they WILL know that you are on the move and will plan ahead. PAPD cops are almost in every station or nearby.

Being that it is against the rules, you can expect PAPD to pick you up at any time. Then again, it depends on the people too. When I fanned back in December, I didn't have any problems and I covered every station except for Harrison, Newark and those along 6th Avenue.

PATH security and PAPD are two completely different entities.

Sounds like to me your letting these things scare you.

NOPE! They are not scaring me at all. It's an incident I'd rather avoid though. But if I do, I will sue so hard that I can buy the Fujifilm S1800 (my final decision) with the lawsuit money! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

In Jersey City, you can try on Newark Avenue west of Tonnele Avenue (PATH runs at grade between Newark and Broadway) and there is a pedestrian overpass that crosses the tracks.

You can also try on Tonnele Avenue, The Boulevard, Summit Avenue and Baldwin Avenue where the PATH tracks pass under in the Cut.

NOPE! They are not scaring me at all. It's an incident I'd rather avoid though. But if I do, I will sue so hard that I can buy the Fujifilm S1800 (my final decision) with the lawsuit money! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

l0l. as long as your not seen by some idiot passenger that should be minding there own business you'll be fine. as for tha cops, you just have to keep an eye open just as you would do if your driving down the road or something.

Archived