NJT NABI 416.15s at Montgomery Westside IBOA

Pablo M 201

Over the weekend A&C Corp took delivery of three ( 3 ) NABI 416.15 (40-SFW). Numbers are 5757, 5759, and 5760. This is to alleviate them for taking operation of the Bergen Avenue route. The RTSes that formerly ran at Bergen Avenue were seen sitting in a lot by NJT's Meadowlands Garage, with engines taken out among other things. So it seems those buses were in such horrible shape that they had no choice but to retire them. Time will only tell if they're sent to scrap.

As of this morning, I spotted 5757 in service on the Journal Square-Society Hill line. Do not know the whereabouts of the other two, they could very well be out and about as well. These 3 buses were originally suppose to be Big Tree units.

Photo at the garage yesterday....

Montgomery_NABI_5759-5757.jpg

And in service this morning....

Montgomery_NABI_5757.jpg

...the RTSes that formerly ran at Bergen Avenue were seen sitting in a lot by NJT's Meadowlands Garage, with engines taken out among other things. So it seems those buses were in such horrible shape that they had no choice but to retire them. Time will only tell if they're sent to scrap...

FOAM (JK)

But I live very near Meadowlands; I should see the RTS-06s on Thursday!

is it me of is NJ getting NABI crazy!!!! I saw them all over does NJ have a love affair with NABI??
Well they wanted standard floor buses and Nabi was about the only ones left who make them. Still have about 600 more to come in.

Well they wanted standard floor buses and Nabi was about the only ones left who make them. Still have about 600 more to come in.

At the time the order went out to bids Orion was still making the V if they wanted to place an order then.

At the time the order went out to bids Orion was still making the V if they wanted to place an order then.
Orion and NJT had problems years ago so there is bad blood between them. So no order would happen.

Yeah but I seriously doubt that will happen. The day Orion will even TALK to a NJT representative about using their buses will be the day cows fly. There is major bad blood. Anything can happen, I will admit. But it's highly unlikely. And even after the NABI's have their 15-20 years, then what? Nova? New Flyer? Millenium Transit F'ed NJT when they went bankrupt and they still have the rights to make the RTS buses, which I think is messed up. I wish another company can buy those rights, or even GM themselves and make a new version of the RTS, to continue the evolution of a nearly 40 year old bus model which still works today.

Archived