SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I love how most customers on 8th Ave go completely apeshit when my (C) connects with an (A) N/B. They rush onto that (A) and my almost empty (C) still beats it to 168 St. I do have some loyal customers who are smarter and always stay on my train, even if they're going to 125 or 145.

I hate it when an N/B A arrives at W4 before I close down my C.  Then it is hard for me to close down because everyone jumps on that A like it's giving away 50 billion dollars.

No more (C) for me .... got picked out of that job starting Sunday.

Okay, I get that you are rail enthusists. I am too. But seriously.....you can't find anything better to do at 1AM on a Friday morning that put on a (D) tshirt and jump on and off my train at every stop between 72 St and 135 St taking photos? It's not like the (D) running local on CPW is a once in a life time occasion (we're doing it all afternoon on Saturday!)

You left the C at the right time lol

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it when an N/B A arrives at W4 before I close down my C.  Then it is hard for me to close down because everyone jumps on that A like it's giving away 50 billion dollars.

You left the C at the right time lol

Meh, I cannot tell you how many times my (C) got held to let the (A) go first at Hoyt during peak times while RFWing. One time my local crawled all the way from Lafayette to Hoyt to let two expresses pass, angering the passengers as there was no (A) before my (C) left Euclid. I assume the train was late, the longer the line there will some type of problems along the way.

By the way, the former can be reliable at times than the latter. It all depends.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

You know the QBL problem could be done away with if they didn't clear out the trains before relaying....

Is there a reason why its mandatory?

Because all it takes is one moron to fall asleep and then panic when the train goes to relay; and sue the (MTA) for millions and win; at which point the fumigation is resumed.

tell that to the LIRR thay have been making extra stops at Hillside for years...

they're supposed to stop there most of the time, hence the full-length platform.

Because all it takes is one moron to fall asleep and then panic when the train goes to relay; and sue the (MTA) for millions and win; at which point the fumigation is resumed.

Safety reasons for the train crew. They don't want a passenger to attack or rob the T/O while the train is in the relay.

Yeah, this is what I figured, I still find it quite idiotic though, seeing how these are complete hypotheticals. Don't get me wrong, if the relay is in a yard, that's one thing, but as long as it's not in a yard, and turning right back around (With the usual break time of course) then I would abolish the rule to allow more capacity, AND save turnaround time.

On thursday, there were three straight Jamaica 179 St bound (F) trains and while the last came into the station finally an (E) train came. It was annoying. Do (E) trains start running local at night starting at 11PM because at 11 my (E) was signed as running local on Queens Blvd.

Finally I saw an (M) train layup on the local tracks at Briarwood Van Wyck Blvd which I later I saw go (maybe a layup behide 179 St?) and an (R) Train layup to or from Jamaica Yard.

"(1) From 11:30 p.m. Friday, June 28 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 1, there are no 1 trains between 14th Street and South Ferry due to Cortlandt Street Reconstruction. Customers should use the 2 and 3 trains and free shuttle buses. - See more at: http://secondavenuesagas.com/#sthash.w6vwjJ8z.dpuf"

When would the Cortlandt Street Reconstruction be finished? I couldn't find anything on the MTA website.

Also, will it be connected to the Fulton Center?

Looks like some of the older cars really ARE going along with the R44s... (credits to "BLE-NIMX" via Subchat)

0629131959_zps0c1c6a63.jpg

I am certain that the R32s are numbered 3676/3677, 3746/3747, and 3796/3797. Also seen are one R42 pair, 2 R33WFs, and a possible R40/A or R42 pair...

Edited by mtattrain

yesterday at 36 street a work train passed thru at least 30 mph then took the west end switch without slowing down then it sounded like it derailed...

Damn. That must have been fun to watch. Was it something like this?

*(Credits to wilfredo castillo for the video)

Theres a R160 C!?!?! Where the hell have a been!? Since when did the C get R160s?

You saw correctly sir.

From the swap thread:

3 sets of 160s on the C today, here's one of em entering 42:

I just got back to NYC I'm just as surprised to see this happen so soon myself!

Follow the (A) / (C) swap thread, the members are giving the breakdown in that thread right now. No more clues.

Edited by realizm

Meh, I cannot tell you how many times my (C) got held to let the (A) go first at Hoyt during peak times while RFWing. One time my local crawled all the way from Lafayette to Hoyt to let two expresses pass, angering the passengers as there was no (A) before my (C) left Euclid. I assume the train was late, the longer the line there will some type of problems along the way.

By the way, the former can be reliable at times than the latter. It all depends.

I believe they are referring to the C in Manhattan (8th av express, skips 3 stops below 59th, ha!). When in Brooklyn (when going past Euclid to the Rockaways), I'm definitely waiting for the A train.

Interesting ride to the DMV this morning...

Got on the (L) towards the junction, and i see an R42 on the (J) going towards Queens. Think nothing of it, and my girlfriend calls me saying she's at the junction already waiting for the (J). I see the train coming and tell her its an R32 (she hates them 20 times more than i do lol).

Fast forward some time and i get off the (A) at Jay St. On the other platform and i see the R160 on the (C). Grab my crap picture, and get on the (F). What do you know, its an R46. Once i get outside, i send my girl the picture of the (C) and gets mad since she loves the 160s

All that in a matter of 45 minutes

i get what your saying looking at the track map, according to the video they removed the relay terminal bro,  is chambers really becoming that decript?!

They've been doing this for the last couple of months. The relay is track (and switch) is still there on the middle track, but it's just faster to get trains out like this.

yes!

Yeah that T/O was in a hurry to get back to that yard he must had been running late for a date with some chick or something. Screaming past 59th Street at 50MPH like a boss lol. One of the coolest yard moves with an NTT I've seen on a while. Glad that photographer caught that with perfect timing. Even he said "SHIET!" at the end of that video.

according to this video courtesy of brianmercy1022 (if you are a member here your acknowledged) that there are no more relays at chambers when the (J) terminates there on the weekends why if anyone knows?

He got banned in the before era lol