SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seatless cars, remember those. They also had surveillance cameras in them as a part of a pilot program. I rode the cars only twice 2 years ago I think, and I made sure I behaved myself since I was being watched.

Where did they put the cameras? Wasn't able to figure it out.

The seatless cars, remember those. They also had surveillance cameras in them as a part of a pilot program. I rode the cars only twice 2 years ago I think, and I made sure I behaved myself since I was being watched.

Where did they put the cameras? Wasn't able to figure it out.

Right next to the interior sign that displays the next stop on that black thing

According to a video I took last year, it follows what Jsunflyguy said. Here's a snapshot of that video:

7lph.png

The operator applied the brakes a second before this snapshot was taken. Two seconds before brakes were applied the train entered Nostrand, and five seconds before that it had already reached 40 mph.

Damn...I bet if it was an R160 instead of an R32 and/or an R46, it would have been 45 MPH...

This completely supports TwoTimer's point link here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35569-the-official-speed-thread/?p=548544

Anyways, I still love the older cars more than the newer cars.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Damn...I bet if it was an R160 instead of an R32 and/or an R46, it would have been 45 MPH...

This completely supports TwoTimer's point link here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/35569-the-official-speed-thread/?p=548544

Anyways, I still love the older cars more than the newer cars.

They didn't even hit close to 35 MPH when entering Nostrand Ave on the local and express tracks.

If I'm not mistaken, the R68As are the fastest of all 75 feet long cars in the New York City Subway. The R46s are the second fastest. The R68s are the third fastest. And the R44s are the fourth fastest.

Is this all correct?

Edited by RollOverMyHead

If I'm not mistaken, the R68As are the fastest of all 75 feet long cars in the New York City Subway. The R46s are the second fastest. The R68s are the third fastest. And the R44s are the fourth fastest.

Is this all correct?

No the R46's are the fastest 75 footers, those R68's are slow

Edited by R32 3838

Yesterday I had to wait for 4 (4) trains to pass before I finally got on. There were like about more than 10 minute waits for the (4) in the p.m rush. I checked the countdown clock it says that the next (4) train is about 13 minutes away thats crazy in the rush hour. Delays can mess up the Lex Av line.

http://www.mta.info/metrocard/promos/RideVintage/RideVintageSubwayBus2013.htm

Departures from 2nd Avenue are at 
10:05 AM, 11:33 AM, 1:03 PM, 2:33 PM, and 4:03 PM.

Departures from Queens Plaza are at
10:44 AM, 12:14 PM, 1:44 PM, 3:14 PM and 4:44 PM.

Is the Nostalgia train running tomorrow?

Edited by GojiMet86