SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When doing a fantasy map, is it reasonable to do both skip stop local and an express service? AKA three lines.

In fantasies, obviously so...if you're that obsessed of going against the true meaning of an "express", "local" and "skip-stop" services... 

Since the newly open Fulton Center(officially called Fulton Transit Center), are there any chances that the (MTA) will rename the station from "Fulton St" to "Fulton Transit Center"?

Not 100% sure. Remember the 8th Avenue line's Fulton Street platform was known as Broadway-Nassau a few years ago. I mean they could change the name if they want to, but I don't see why they would change the name so soon.

Since the newly open Fulton Center(officially called Fulton Transit Center), are there any chances that the (MTA) will rename the station from "Fulton St" to "Fulton Transit Center"?

The station is called and will continue to be called "Fulton St". Only the building itself will be known as the "Fulton Center".

The station is called and will continue to be called "Fulton St". Only the building itself will be known as the "Fulton Center".

Honestly, it sounds more like a mall than a subway station to me. But then again, stores are supposed to open in there soon, so yea.

Since I am a little FUNderemployed at the moment after my meetings in Midtown I did a little train/bus fanning, my day was as follows:

x24 (Academy) Staten Island to Midtown via NJ Turnpike & Lincoln Tunnel ->     (E) @ 34 St.to Midtown Meeting -> (E) 53 Lex -> Q53 LTD at Jackson Heights Broadway/75 Street to Rockaway B 116 Street (Walked to B 90 along the shore) to   (H) B 90 Station to Broad Channel, then after a LONG wait to the   (A) to Chambers and finally x19 home.

Edited by 161passenger

"This is 59th Street. Ladies and Gentlemen, as you exit please be careful of the gap between the platform and the train. Transfer is available to the: (4)(5)(N)(Q) and (R) trains. A free transfer is also available to the (F) train, by walking to the Lexington Avenue, 63rd Street station and using your MetroCard."

Good grief, what a long winded announcement they have on those R142's at 59th Street on the Lex, even if the announcement plays earlier now  :blink:

why they put the gap announcement in that station. isn't that station a straight line?( differ from south ferry and 14 street union sq._

Who knows with the (MTA)...

They put the gap announcements at Brooklyn Bridge too, which does have a slight curve. But the 59th Street one is quite the head scratcher.

The (MTA) probably put the gap announcement to warn commuters to watch their step as they leave the train.

But 59 Street has no gaps while other stations with this announcement do (14 Street, Brooklyn Bridge, Freeman Street,  and West farms Square have gaps large enough for this announcement to play). 

q113 is right tho. if the rail have these announcement like njt. that because the height of the rail cars and station is different to one another. but i heard in subway they are all even out so there won't be a gap. i guess the station is drooping downward as all these people are waiting lol.