SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Yeah because of that R32 vandalizm I showed you guys ENY decided to replace it with an R143 from the (L)

That's not the reason why. Some of the R160s are OOS for CBTC work, so they use what's available.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the reason why. Some of the R160s are OOS for CBTC work, so they use what's available.

It's pretty much for both reasons while the R160s are OOS for CBTC upgrades to you will see R143s on the (J) and most likely R32s and R143s on the (M) this fall because RTO management probably wants to add more trains to the (L)

Wow, this is how it was in the old days in the 70s/80s (Or so I heard, I'm only 24) where they have kinds of wacky car assignments to make service.

I wonder if this is the first time the 143s ever traveled on the (J) line east of Alabama Ave, back in like 02 I remember seeing a NIS 143 on the Manhattan Bound Track at Alabama Ave I assume it was some kind of yard move, I'll never forget it cause it made me foam :lol:

Shocked this has so much buzz though, considering the rider's experience of the 143s isn't much different than the 160s..

It's pretty much for both reasons while the R160s are OOS for CBTC upgrades to you will see R143s on the (J) and most likely R32s and R143s on the (M) this fall because RTO management probably wants to add more trains to the (L)

They're not adding more trains to the (L).

So..... how would the strip maps be updated? Better look as good as the new (4) and (7) maps. :P

Odds are it will be just like how it is when the (2) & (5) swap cars... all the 143s will keep there (L) line strips and whenever they run on another line they just won't use them... The (M) had 143s before and they didn't change the maps.