BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing a non-artic bus on M103, I wonder how some routes kept up with passenger loads before articulated buses were introduced?

They had a lot more runs going out. I was told that the the Bx1 and Bx2 had 110 runs combined prior to the arrival of articulated buses (which is currently 75 and will reduce to 73 come 1/7/13).

Edited by youngblaze

The XD40's or LFS's I guess should replace most if not all the 90's buses. However we probably won't see these buses until late 2013 and 2014. Figuring how the BT&E was for LFSA's, I guess buses are delivered 1 to 2 years after the original 90 buses were delivered.

Edited by College Pt Man

The XD40's or LFS's I guess should replace most if not all the 90's buses. However we probably won't see these buses until late 2013 and 2014. Figuring how the BT&E was for LFSA's, I guess buses are delivered 1 to 2 years after the original 90 buses were delivered.

yeahh...and guess what...the #s will start at 8100...they will go all the way up into the earlier 9000s...those RTS will be gone by then...

but this can change...

The MTA has a lot of options like:

1400-2000

8100-9999 the Orion V CNG's will be way gone at that time.

6000-6349 will be open.

The 4900-5200 will be available too.

then you mean 1300-2000 not 1400...and i dont think they would use those other slots since their fairly short...8100-9xxx is very big! for a very big order of 1300 buses...

yeahh...and guess what...the #s will start at 8100...they will go all the way up into the earlier 9000s...those RTS will be gone by then...

but this can change...

The RTSs from NYCTA is said to be gone by 2015, I doubt that will happen.

I wonder if New Flyer looks at youtube videos of their buses in action...mainly their Xcelsiors

They probably do, other companies too.

Have you been drinking lately???

I think he's been doing more than drinking o.O

Well it could work. The 9700's and 8100-8600 have been empty since 2007 because the MCI classics used to have that slot after the MTA takeover and 8100-8600 were RTS's that were replace between 2006-2010.

After combing through the fleet numbers, I made a list of available numbers...

NOTE: This is assuming the Orion V CNGs are all retired and nothing else is renumbered other the 47xx's D60s...

659-1199, 1290-1859, 2305-2399, 2490-2704, 2925-2999, 3475-3499, 3784-3799, 4279-4299, 4800-4809, 5987-5999, 6350-6364, 6906-6999, 7090-7422, 7429-7559, 7820-7999, 8090-8749, 9700-9999

Today was my first time using MTA Bus Time for the Bronx... A few phantom buses here and there but the buses showed to be very close to where they are on the map from where I was seeing... Overall, I like it!

A few is an understatement. I tracked 4 buses on Friday and none of them could be tracked from their original terminal. They tracked in between the route then disappeared and then reappeared again at one point or another. Not sure why either.

A few is an understatement. I tracked 4 buses on Friday and none of them could be tracked from their original terminal. They tracked in between the route then disappeared and then reappeared again at one point or another. Not sure why either.

Wow... My only gripe is that not all buses are equipped with that bus time machine yet... Since the system is rather new, I'm sure the MTA will fix these issues as soon as possible...

Edit: Forgot to mention that the two MCI's I was tracking (3068 and 3090) on the BxM4 were near perfect on the map! B-)

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Weren't they like that on SI when it first came out? You said buses were disappaearing and reappearing. In any case, the hurricane damage might have something to do with it as well.

Weren't they like that on SI when it first came out? You said buses were disappaearing and reappearing. In any case, the hurricane damage might have something to do with it as well.

On SI it was more of an issue of ghost buses.

Wow... My only gripe is that not all buses are equipped with that bus time machine yet... Since the system is rather new, I'm sure the MTA will fix these issues as soon as possible...

Edit: Forgot to mention that the two MCI's I was tracking (3068 and 3090) on the BxM4 were near perfect on the map! B-)

Please report any glitches to the MTA Bus Time team so that they can fix them otherwise they won't know. They then have folks in the depot fix whatever problems there are or in some cases, install the equipment. I'm still not sure why there would be any ghost buses anyway if all buses on Staten Island and the Bronx are supposed to have it.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

A 1700 or 1800 CNG NG on the B9? lol

You like asking dumb ass questions??? Since when does MTA have NG CNG's????

but this can change...

And you know this how???

The MTA has a lot of options like:

1400-2000

8100-9999 the Orion V CNG's will be way gone at that time.

6000-6349 will be open.

The 4900-5200 will be available too.

4900-5249 aren't going anywhere anytime soon.