• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BreeddekalbL" data-cid="641689" data-time="1360013440"><p>

what made them take the orion VII ng's out of castleton? was it because they were living up to their castlecrap reputation or something else?</p></blockquote>

because castleton is a busiest/heaviest depot in staten island...CAS had about 89-92 NGs, so those were replaced by the BT&E buses. LFS/XD40/3G. Now the 90 Orion VII 3Gs take over for the NGs. those NGs are at FP.

Too early to tell....

Speaking of Xcelsiors....someone get the marshmallows!!

Holy shyt!! How is this possible??, "oh the day i never wanted to see an Xcelsior in flames". Was this bus set on fire? I really cant see how a bus model that was created 3 yrs ago, for Brampton about 2, go up in flames. Nope, i dont like. Would you think this bus would get scrapped or would it be like our 8017? 

Isolated incidents and all, but damn those Xcelsiors look to have all the reliability of a rusty 1970s British Leyland car. The MTA must be having themselves quite a conundrum. Pick the bus that everybody likes (but tends to break down...and stuff) or the bus that runs reliably but has all the interior space of a Ford Pinto and scrapes anything resembling a hill with its long overhang.

Holy shyt!! How is this possible??, "oh the day i never wanted to see an Xcelsior in flames". Was this bus set on fire? I really cant see how a bus model that was created 3 yrs ago, for Brampton about 2, go up in flames. Nope, i dont like. Would you think this bus would get scrapped or would it be like our 8017? 

Nope, issues with the bus due to lack of maintenance/the bus itself having its own unforseen problems.

Edited by Cait Sith

Kings Hwy is barely filled to the max with people, might as well service some areas.

Early april fools joke?

....Some Q41s don't even show up.

I can attest to that.... On more than one occasion while waiting over there by the (A), I just said f*** it & walked over to the Q112 after waiting for the (jamaica bound) Q41....

I just want to say in all my years of riding buses: There is no certain bus type that I hate. I won't deny that I have my favorites, but if I need to reach important destinations, I do not care which type or bus I get nor do I care about the engine/transmission it has. As long as I get to where I go safely, that's what matters to me. 

There are too many members on this forum that dislike buses and/or trains for illogical reasons.

Before anyone jumps at me, this statement is NOT directed at anyone. I repeat, not directed at anyone. Good night everyone.

Aint no certain bus type that I hate either, so you're preaching to the choir AFAIC.....

What exactly is it anyway? 

The M35?

For what it's worth, an unofficial shuttle for the nuts that travel between randall's island & harlem....

I'm being specific when I use that adjective to describe a good portion of the patients riders that use that route....

So I noticed just now that I apparently had posted this in another thread by accident. A thread where it had nothing to do with the topic. Lovely.

"LA County mta says the compobuses are goddamn tanks. Lightweight ones
that can survive crashes steel buses don't, and projected to last 18
years.

(Google Docs quick view link)

https://docs.google....cmFyaxKU-H06Vgw "