BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2404 and 2405 were on the S62 this past Saturday. An MCI was in the S79 Monday and another on the S57 on Tuesday.

Yeah I'm a little late with this, but I haven't had the time on my hands to post as much as I used to.

lol what!  :o   i was just about to reference your post with subchat

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=278314

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm counting down the time when they send Prevosts to Yonkers Depot... :D

I don't know about VG8 but I would like to see the X3-45's on Yonkers routes! The MCI's are currently doing good though...

Edit: Just remembered they had the demo on the BxM2 at one time...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

I'm counting down the time when they send Prevosts to Yonkers Depot... :D

LOL... Keep dreaming... Some of the MCI's have been having problems because they're starting to get old (7-8 years old but Yonkers does an excellent job with maintenance and keeping the buses clean).  If having Prevosts meant having them come from Ulmer Park or Yukon then I'd say forget it.  MCI's are more comfy anyway.

I don't know about VG8 but I would like to see the X3-45's on Yonkers routes! The MCI's are currently doing good though...

Indeed... It's hard to believe that some buses are as old as they are.  The Yonkers buses only go through a few crappy neighborhoods though (Wakefield being one) but nevertheless the buses are really clean. No gum all over or food like on the SI buses.

I was absolutely disgusted when i saw those black combat roach traps on the walls underneath the seats of 4878.

Maybe i should just buy my own XD40/XD60 and forget about riding buses

Like it'll be any cleaner than what these already are.. That doesn't mean they have roaches on the bus: they put the small combat traps on the sides just incase they do show then the traps will get them.

Like it'll be any cleaner than what these already are.. That doesn't mean they have roaches on the bus: they put the small combat traps on the sides just incase they do show then the traps will get them.

lol... Just in case... If the buses were cleaned there would be no need for them, but they aren't. I've never seen those on Yonkers express buses.