BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea but they are still running like beauties lol, also whats up with those 37 O7 CNGs that are OOS at JG whats their purpose being OOS?

That I have no idea about. I would guess they're out for receiving schedules repaints/overhauls etc..... Maybe ciboii22 might be able to shed some light on that.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

A friend said they're actually getting recalled for scrap due to the closure of Orion and MTA had an option for Daimler and Crystler to support the O7 CNGs and the other choice is to scrap them, that's what I was told but I'm definetly leaning towards the fact that they are getting repowered cuz they're all repainted and they might as well repower the repainted ones first, that's my opinion.

A friend said they're actually getting recalled for scrap due to the closure of Orion and MTA had an option for Daimler and Crystler to support the O7 CNGs and the other choice is to scrap them, that's what I was told but I'm definetly leaning towards the fact that they are getting repowered cuz they're all repainted and they might as well repower the repainted ones first, that's my opinion.

It's safe to assume that as the buses aren't all that old to be retired. Besides, where are the replacements coming from?

New Flyer has taken over parts and support for Orion and there should be no problems with them continuing to support these buses.

9871 is on the Q69 now, 9849 and 9889 are both on the Q39 now and 9836 was on Q49. Also

I saw all Bees in service today: 111 on the Q39, 117 on the Q100, 133 yes, 133 on the Q23 lol, 158 NIS, 164 on the Q69. Also very sad news: 101 is now OOS with the word B A D written on the window with either E/C or O/S next to it, supposed to be towed to EC next week :( also since tomorrow the two LGA routes will go to CP that will leave 16 extra buses to spare so tomorrow might be the last day of service for the Orion V CNG :(

Fall pick won't start until sometime during September...

And let's just say there's a dramatically high number of buses OOS at LGA which made loaning the C40LF's and transferring some 5000's a necessary evil as the 7 V CNG's LGA has isn't enough...

If everything goes as planned, the QM24/25 goes to CP and then you *may* start seeing D60's going to LGA during the next pick..

Fall pick won't start until sometime during September...

And let's just say there's a dramatically high number of buses OOS at LGA which made loaning the C40LF's and transferring some 5000's a necessary evil as the 7 V CNG's LGA has isn't enough...

If everything goes as planned, the QM24/25 goes to CP and then you *may* start seeing D60's going to LGA during the next pick..

Wow.... I'm sure the B/Os that do the QM24/QM25 won't like that unless they're planning on moving to CP. 

Have no idea what's going on at FR/JFK... but there are JFK buses all over the FR routes, RTS and Nextgens everywhere (just got off 4645 on the Q35 a little bit ago, there was an RTS before it). Not only that, but I saw 3 FR buses on the Q41 (a 3700 and a few 3500s). The hell is going on? Are they helping each other out or...? When I saw RTS and NGs on the 52 I was thinking it's just JFK helping out because of the extra beach crowds (they did on July 4th weekend as well) but after seeing FR buses running the 41 I had no clue what was going on, and still don't. 

Not posting in the transfer thread yet since I have absolutely no idea if these are actual moves or what.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

9871 is on the Q69 now, 9849 and 9889 are both on the Q39 now and 9836 was on Q49. Also

I saw all Bees in service today: 111 on the Q39, 117 on the Q100, 133 yes, 133 on the Q23 lol, 158 NIS, 164 on the Q69. Also very sad news: 101 is now OOS with the word B A D written on the window with either E/C or O/S next to it, supposed to be towed to EC next week :( also since tomorrow the two LGA routes will go to CP that will leave 16 extra buses to spare so tomorrow might be the last day of service for the Orion V CNG :(

Who said that? That can't be happening tomorrow, the fall pick is in September.....the only moves in the works are the QM24/QM25 to CP.....and another set of moves in the works which is currently unconfirmed.

Edited by Cait Sith

Have no idea what's going on at FR/JFK... but there are JFK buses all over the FR routes, RTS and Nextgens everywhere (just got off 4645 on the Q35 a little bit ago, there was an RTS before it). Not only that, but I saw 3 FR buses on the Q41 (a 3700 and a few 3500s). The hell is going on? Are they helping each other out or...? When I saw RTS and NGs on the 52 I was thinking it's just JFK helping out because of the extra beach crowds (they did on July 4th weekend as well) but after seeing FR buses running the 41 I had no clue what was going on, and still don't. 

Not posting in the transfer thread yet since I have absolutely no idea if these are actual moves or what.

Well they are sister depots when under the gbl days. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just taking whatever was ready to run. Has anyone seen an artic on the Q35 again? I only saw it that once in early June and haven't seen one since.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Well they are sister depots when under the gbl days. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just taking whatever was ready to run. Has anyone seen an artic on the Q35 again? I only saw it that once in early June and haven't seen one since.

Well the artics are gone from Far Rock, all I saw out on the FR routes were RTS OGs and NGs, definitely looked like the majority of the buses out were JFK's though. Guess if JFK is helping out they could send an artic out if they wanted to, hell even a C40 if they're still getting those.

From what I heard of, it's supposed to happen tomorrow due to LGAs shortage, that's why some of SCs C40s went to CP, so they can have enough buses for the extra routes

It's the Q29 and Q72

I haven't heard anything and neither has anyone I know (people who would definitely know if it was happening)...

From what I heard of, it's supposed to happen tomorrow due to LGAs shortage, that's why some of SCs C40s went to CP, so they can have enough buses for the extra routes

The C40s CP recently received were because of the LGA using those same C40s to make service AFAIK. CP also junked a few Orion V CNGs + has a couple on the OOS list.

The C40s CP recently received were because of the LGA using those same C40s to make service AFAIK. CP also junked a few Orion V CNGs + has a couple on the OOS list.

Oh ok we'll just have to wait and see and also I saw a C40 at LGA didnt see the exact #