BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

First time I took the bus 7 times in one day. I startedd off with the Q64 to the Q23. After I was finished with what I had to take care I got on the Q88 to Queens Center from 108th street. I walked to broadway for the Q58. I waited at least 30 minutes just to catch the 2005 Orion VII 6554. Then at Fluahing I took 5819 on the Q44 Limited to Jamaica Archer Ave. Afterwards I rode the Q60 from Archer Ave to 71st and then I took 595 on the Q64 back home.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I saw three Orion V CNG's today, but I rode two of them. This is what I found:

9871 on the Q69

9905 originally on the Q67, but switched to a Q39

9918 on the Q19 which is the route I would LEAST expect to find an Orion V CNG running at this time. 

Also, RTS 9005 looks very good after it got repainted. It kept the black back which wasn't touched during the repaint. This day was very good for me.

I was on 9918, and that was between 5:40 to 6:20 heading to Astoria.

9836 was in service today, don't know where, but I saw deadheading, going up 33rd Street, two blocks away from 31st Street. A rather interesting choice, I'd say. It turned unto the highway after.

Edited by GojiMet86

I was on 9918, and that was between 5:40 to 6:20 heading to Astoria.

9836 was in service today, don't know where, but I saw deadheading, going up 33rd Street, two blocks away from 31st Street. A rather interesting choice, I'd say. It turned unto the highway after.

I had the return trip on 9918. I got on at 6:40 P.M and stayed until Flushing. I thought someone mentioned that 9836 was on the Q39 earlier today. That's why I went to Queensboro Plaza today.

I had the return trip on 9918. I got on at 6:40 P.M and stayed until Flushing. I thought someone mentioned that 9836 was on the Q39 earlier today. That's why I went to Queensboro Plaza today.

Barely missed me. 9836 heading from QBP makes sense. It was DHing from somewhere south and went up 33rd and took a right on Astoria Blvd and went down the ramp.

theres usually one leaving Shore Rd on the B9 around 6:50 in the evening

lol... They're scattered all about on the Jackie Gleason lines but I would think they'd be more popular on the B9 since that's the line that I'm used to seeing a lot of them on.  The B4 has mainly new buses along with the B16.  I would imagine the B35 would have some old ones too since that line needs a lot of buses.

lol... They're scattered all about on the Jackie Gleason lines but I would think they'd be more popular on the B9 since that's the line that I'm used to seeing a lot of them on.  The B4 has mainly new buses along with the B16.  I would imagine the B35 would have some old ones too since that line needs a lot of buses.

From what I've seen the B35 is mostly 2011/12 C40LFs. Not one old one in sight.

They pop up on the 35 occasionally, but mainly you'll find the ones with cameras out there

From what I've seen the B35 is mostly 2011/12 C40LFs. Not one old one in sight.

Must be the deal since the new buses came because before then I even saw 98XXs on the B35 when I would come down on the BM3.