Novabus LFS vs. Novabus LFS Articulated!

Broadway Local

I just went to youtube, and heard and seen the LFS and LFSA. Not for nothing, the new Allison tranny sounds way better, and smoother than the ZF. It sounds more "American", and less "European". If the LFSA had that Allison tranny, it would be my near fave bus. But the bus in my signature is that bus..........

Comparing a 40fter to a 62fter, bad idea. Lots of differences between them.

Which one would I choose? Neither, there are things that I like and dislike about them.

On the 40fters, the 8001-8014 batch has the Allison Transmission which offers a smooth ride. 8015-8089 along with the LFS Artics have different ZF transmissions which still makes the bus jerk around after a small tap on the brakes.

When it comes to seating, the 40fters win by a mile. If the LFS artics had the seating arrangement like the 40fters did in the front section, we'd be able to get in and out of them artics without having to fight our way out of there. It made sense for the LFSs to have less seats than other low floors so they can improve on the passenger flow in terms of standees. This has long plagued the low floor buses in general.

Looks? Tie game. They both look really good. The new scheme on the 40fters really work with them buses while 10 of the 62fters have the straight stripe going through the front. The roof flairs on the LFS Artics make them look rugged while the 40fters maintain their originality.

Overall? Neither are better than the other, they both have their flaws regardless of how they look, spec'd, ride and more.

I like both of them... and also the rest of their models (Nova Bus).

I grew up with them during my entire life! :P Especially with the original Nova LFS! :)

So, I can't decide... :P

Archived