Airline Considers Banning Children From First Class

First-class passengers aboard some Malaysia Airlines flights won't have to worry about being woken up by a crying baby anymore.

The airline has banned infants in first class of its Boeing 747-400 jets, and has plans to do the same in their new Airbus A380 superjumbo jets, the Australian Business Traveller reported.

The ban comes after the many complaints from first-class passengers who couldn't sleep on their pricey flight due to wailing infants, MAS CEO and Managing Director Tengku Azmil told the Australia Business Traveller.

Amidst the controversial move, Azmil took to his Twitter account to defend the company's decision not to install bassinets in its Boeing 747-400 first class cabin. In response to a post about the ban, Azmil tweeted: "Also hv many complaints from 1st class pax dat dey spend money on 1st class & can't sleep due to crying infants."

Travelers with babies will now have to book seats in business or economy class, which are equipped with bassinets.

Routes affected by the ban include long-haul flights from Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam, London and Sydney.

In February, several airlines including British Airways and Virgin Atlantic were considering creating children-free flights.

Source: http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/06/28/airline-considers-banning-children-from-first-class-poll/

Kids should be ban from all flights, send them by UPS a week ahead od time.

Lol...reminds me of a story from 2003 about a guy who packaged himself in a box because he didn't have the money for a transatlantic flight.

Kids should be ban from all flights, send them by UPS a week ahead od time.

Lol @ "send them by UPS a week ahead of time".

I remember going to England and this baby cried for 6hrs of the 7hr flight. I wanted to crazy. I can deal with a crying baby at a mall but for 6hrs and trapped in a plane at that, you just wana go insane.

This is kind of extreme. Parents need to step up and tell their kids to sit down and stfu. If it's an infant or something like that sometimes it can't be helped. But what I look for is to see that the parents are at least making the effort to pacify their kids. But this ish where they let the kids run up and down the aisle? Inexcusable. Tan their asses and make them sit down. I won't call child protection for that.

I don't disagree with this article. All people want to do on a flight is relax. They don't pay hundreds of dollars to be disturbed. Once, I heard about a kid losing his lunch on the Quiet Car on Acela.

If those people dont like crying infants don't fly. Take boats etc.

no

They need to also ban pets from airplane cabins, some persons lil mutt can be just as loud and annoying as someones lil kid, not to mention its a huge problem for people with allergies. If they will go out of their way to get rid of peanuts when someone with peanut allergy is on board, they should do the same for pets on board the plane in the cabin.

We were all kids once you know.. And a lot of us were probably annoying as hell!

Yeah thing is I knew what I was in for if I didn't act right in public. My folks made sure of that. These days parents don't seem to give a rats ass and simply let their kids act out.

That's the problem with kids these days, they're too spoiled and let off the hook easily, and their "parents" are doing nothing to curb their bad behavior, but ate worsening it instead.

This is kind of extreme. Parents need to step up and tell their kids to sit down and stfu. If it's an infant or something like that sometimes it can't be helped. But what I look for is to see that the parents are at least making the effort to pacify their kids. But this ish where they let the kids run up and down the aisle? Inexcusable. Tan their asses and make them sit down. I won't call child protection for that.

Unfortunately there is a whole generation of yuppie [expletive deleted] who seem to feel that anything more than a stern stare is battery and child abuse, and that even a harsh finger point with a menacing stare constitutes assault. Hence why the less self motivated children of today's world are out of control moron savages with no common sense.

I'm sorry, but if I'm paying $5000 for a plane ticket, I don't want to be disturbed either!

Well there could be aBaby Roomwhere baby's stay and are properly cared for until the flight is over.

Have you ever been on a plane? Judging by that statement, I would guess no...

No airline has money to take out revenue seating, and dedicate it for some babies.

Unfortunately there is a whole generation of yuppie [expletive deleted] who seem to feel that anything more than a stern stare is battery and child abuse, and that even a harsh finger point with a menacing stare constitutes assault. Hence why the less self motivated children of today's world are out of control moron savages with no common sense.

wrong

I was born in the 1980's. My parents were from the old school. They both loved me. However, they weren't afraid to use the belt. I hated it. It did not make me a better person. It only made me resent them (at times).

Archived