Whiteback or blackback

7LineFan

Here's my input

NYCTA

RTS whiteback - not so bad, looks great for staten island routes, looks misplaced in other areas

C40LF Whiteback - horrid

Orion V - great

Orion VII - great

Orion V CNG - Even tho its staying black, It would look like the MTA Bus ones so thats a no-no for me

D60HF - it looks ok.

MTA Bus

RTS - Same as above, minus the staten island part

Orion V - Horrid, cause of the way they painted the bus + the numbers

Orion VII - Great

Orion V CNG - Looks ok, especially those newly repainted ones with no ads !

I wish they could make the entire SI Fleet whitebacks (Novas and O5s). They make the buses look much cleaner...and I've even heard them being referred to as "the new buses" quite a few times while at St. George.

Agreed. White backs @ staten island look alot better than in other boroughs lol

I don't really like the whitebacks on RTSs unless its done right like in my picture of 9522 that was posted by ENY. On the O5s, they don't look so bad since the O5 CNGs already had whitebacks from the get go. On the artics, they don't look so bad, I like the blackback on those though. Now, with the O7s, thats just no, it does not look good. Maybe after a while once I get used to it, it'll be ok. But I don't really like it.

Gonna have to get use to all of them since the MTA refuses to buy black paint now.

I don't really like the whitebacks on RTSs unless its done right like in my picture of 9522 that was posted by ENY. On the O5s, they don't look so bad since the O5 CNGs already had whitebacks from the get go. On the artics, they don't look so bad, I like the blackback on those though. Now, with the O7s, thats just no, it does not look good. Maybe after a while once I get used to it, it'll be ok. But I don't really like it.

Gonna have to get use to all of them since the MTA refuses to buy black paint now.

Wholeheartely agree.

Blackback all the way, however I don't think the whitebacks look too bad if they have the blue stripe on the back.

Photo Courtesy Pablo M 201

NYCB_Nova_9522.jpg

This is what puzzles me. How long ago did the Ulmer Park Depot control some 9500's and 9600s?

This is what puzzles me. How long ago did the Ulmer Park Depot control some 9500's and 9600s?

That is one of the reasons why this is one of my favorite RTS shots of all time. This was truly a rare catch. Props to Pablo once again. This is the only 9500 series Ulmer Park ever had, and it was only there from December 16th to January 9th.

That is one of the reasons why this is one of my favorite RTS shots of all time. This was truly a rare catch. Props to Pablo once again. This is the only 9500 series Ulmer Park ever had, and it was only there from December 16th to January 9th.

Thanks ENY! Btw, I actually took that shot on December 16th. I was chillin and eatin in Popeyes and that thing rolls up and I ran out to take a shot.

Thanks ENY! Btw, I actually took that shot on December 16th. I was chillin and eatin in Popeyes and that thing rolls up and I ran out to take a shot.

LOL..... I'm glad u said something, or I would have never known that was incorrect. I sware I have dislexia sometimes. I honestly ment 12-16 to 1-9. I gotta slow down on the typing. Thanks for catching that!

Chicken leg in one hand, camera in the other....Snap away, and chew away Pablo..........

Archived