New Flyer XD40 Discussion

East New York

New Flyer XD40 $39,225,880 est.

-75 standard configuration($430,269), Allison B400R, Thermo King HVAC, hydraulic cooling system, LED headlamps, disk brakes

-15 optional configuration($446,809),Allison B400R, Thermo King HVAC, electronic cooling system, LED headlamps, disk brakes.

-$38,799,060 for 90 buses.

-$275,000 for qualified testing, manuals, and diagnostic tools.

-$45,000 for tailpipe emission profile testing.

-$106,820 for training

*Delivery In Progress

• 4810-4839: Queens Village

• 4840-4869: Ulmer Park

• 4870-4899: Castleton

NYCB_NFI_4814.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK yeah... screw the LFS and the Orion VII. The city need Xcelsiors. Let New Flyer take the "Grand Replacement". Hybrid, Diesel or CNG, I don't care this new kid on the block is all ready popular as of 2008 anyways. I've got to hunt this bus and ride it when it first hit the Queens Village & Ulmer Park Routes. And the Hanover LED sign is my new favorite D-sign first being the TITANS! HAAAAAAAA!!

The side sign placement is understandable because a usually Xcelsior sports the sign on the first window with a tiny one-line display (similar to first batch of Orion VIIs with the Horizon/Flip Dot). Which would be a little too small for a Horizon LED anyways. So it make sense to put the Hanover LED side D-sign on the second window with display resemblance of the head sign.

Bad enough I didn't get to ride the XDE40 demo early this year. :( But this is the perfect bus for diesel fans in NYC. Hope to see more in future orders. :cool::cool:

CSW--

The side sign placement is understandable because a usually Xcelsior sports the sign on the first window with a tiny one-line display (similar to first batch of Orion VIIs with the Horizon/Flip Dot). Which would be a little too small for a Horizon LED anyways. So it make sense to put the Hanover LED side D-sign on the second window with display resemblance of the head sign.

CSW--

Destination signs are chosen by the customer, even though Luminator is standard on most platforms.

• 1 month later...

Well, well, well. It's FINALLY just about time to commence delivery of the Xcelsior 40-footers. I'm being told that the TA will take delivery of 4813-4816 first. 4810-4812 will receive some kind of upgrade, and will soon follow. At this time, total delivery is (supposedly) scheduled to be complete in February.

Well, well, well. It's FINALLY just about time to commence delivery of the Xcelsior 40-footers. I;m being told that the TA will take delivery of 4813-4816 first. 4810-4812 will receive some kind of upgrade, and will soon follow. At this time, total delivery is (supposedly) scheduled to be complete in February.

February? What the hell is taking them so long to where it will take them 4 months to get 90 buses?

February? What the hell is taking them so long to where it will take them 4 months to get 90 buses?

Well, the LFS order took about 5 months to be completed. I would of seen that coming, you know being it's (MTA) and all. smh.... Just saying.

Still nothing on the XD-40s testing yet. I mean really?? This is great I love it......;)

I saw 48?? couldn't get the number today going westbound on Jericho Tpk around 3:15. I was on the N24 it said "Not In Service" , but people were onboard I assume MTA workers. It caught me by surprise sorry no picture to prove.

At this point in time, It looks as if the XD40's may finally be ready for driver training and revenue service. details of exactly what is going on are still sketchy. However, 4810, 4813-4818 have been delivered. 2 More are scheduled next week IIRC.

Total fleet expected by February 2012.

Archived