Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said that the (D)(N)must use Brighton...

In that case, (D) via express, (N) via local. (Q) runs via the normal (N) route in Brooklyn and (B) runs via the normal (D) route in Brooklyn.

Your "scenario" makes no sense whatsoever.

I guess I dod not make myself clear enough. The (D) and (N)tracks are set to the Brighton line.

Quill Depot had the best answer.

*sign*

Anyways....Next:

There's a derailment at Jay Street-MetroTech station on the (A), (C), and (F) lines, reroute or suspend trains.

(A) trains run in two sections,

-207th to Chambers Street, Shuttle from Chambers to Fulton.

-Utica Avenue-Lefferts/Rockaways via local*

(C) trains run from 168th Street to WTC.

(F) trains run in two sections, Jamaica to York Street and 4th Avenue is impassible.

SELECT (F) trains via (G)

SELECT (M) trains to ENY, go OOS and turn ASAP.

SOME (L) trains out of Canarsie Yard run OOS until ENY.

*Manhattan bound trains from Lefferts run on the Manhattan-bound local (makes stops) track from ENY to Utica and back via the Manhattan-bound express track.

*Manhattan bound trains from Rockaways (Far Rock, Rock Park) run on the Lefferts-Rockaway-bound express track from ENY to Utica and back via Lefferts-Rockaway local track (makes stops)

Edited by Quill Depot

*sign*

Anyways....Next:

There's a derailment at Jay Street-MetroTech station on the (A), (C), and (F) lines, reroute or suspend trains.

(S) Utica Ave-Respective Queens (A) destinations, Via Local

(F) Jamaica-York St

(G) Queens Plaza-CI

(A) 207th St-WTC

(C) 168th St-Chambers

(E) Jamaica-2nd Ave

(M) Any trains in Queens terminate at Chambers St. All other trains continue to run their regular route

NEXT:

Due to an earthquake the following areas are impassible:

Sea Beach Line (From the (N) separation from 4th Ave, to just north of CI Yard)

West 8th St (Q) (F NOT Affected)

(A) Between JFK-Broad Channel (Trains can go a bit past both stations, but not by much)

The lower level of CPW (Downtown, from 110th St-59th St)

The ENTIRE (J) except for the part the (M) runs on. (L, E etc. NOT Affected)

(6) The uptown local track @Brooklyn Bridge (6) Pelham Bay Park

Lexington Ave-63rd St (F) ((4, 5, 6 NOT Affected)

(1) South of Cortlandt Street (1) Between 215th St, and 225th St

(R) Southbound, between Canal Street, and Whitehall Street.

(G) Lafayette Ave

The ENTIRE (7) EXCEPT between TS and GCT, and between QBP, and Hunters Point Ave (Underlying trains not affected)

Make two plans; One emergency; One Long Term

Edited by CDTA

NEXT:

Due to an earthquake the following areas are impassible:

Sea Beach Line (From the N separation from 4th Ave, to just north of CI Yard)

West 8th St Q (F NOT Affected)

A Between JFK-Broad Channel (Trains can go a bit past both stations, but not by much)

The lower level of CPW (Downtown, from 110th St-59th St)

The ENTIRE J except for the part the M runs on. (L, E etc. NOT Affected)

6 The uptown local track @Brooklyn Bridge 6 Pelham Bay Park

Lexington Ave-63rd St F ((4, 5, 6 NOT Affected)

1 South of Cortlandt Street 1 Between 215th St, and 225th St

R Southbound, between Canal Street, and Whitehall Street.

G Lafayette Ave

The ENTIRE (7) EXCEPT between TS and GCT, and between QBP, and Hunters Point Ave (Underlying trains not affected)

Make two plans; One emergency; One Long Term

EMERGENY COMES FIRST!!!

(N) trains via West End

(Q) trains turn at Brighton Beach

(A) trains run from 207th to JFK-Lefferts, downtown trains via CPW local, uptown via Downtown local track on CPW.

(B) trains suspended.

Downtown (D) trains via CPW local, uptown trains via CPW downtown express track.

(J)/(Z) suspended.

(6) trains Parkchester to Utica via Brooklyn Express. Many runs cancelled.

(5) trains via 7th Avenue.

(F) trains run in two sections, Coney Island to 57th and 21st Street-Queensbridge to Jamaica.

(1) trains suspended.

(3) trains via 7th Avenue local, replacing (1). (3) trains run to 137th or Dyckman Street.

Southbound (R) via bridge.

(G) trains between Bedford-Nostrand and Court Square.

(7) trains run from GCT to Times Square and Hunters Point Ave to QBP (shuttle)

*sign*

Anyways....Next:

All depends where said derailment occurred...if north of the station and all tracks are impassable...

(A)...207 to 2 Av, Utica Av to Queens via local

(C)...168 to WTC

(F)...179 to York St, some trains via Crosstown to Coney Island

(G)...Court Sq to Kings Hwy to make up for the bare (F) service

Shuttle buses run from York St (F) to Utica Av, stopping at Hoyt-Schermerhorn

*sign*

Anyways....Next:

There's a derailment at Jay Street-MetroTech station on the A, C and F lines, reroute or suspend trains.

I'm assuming (A) trains can't use the crossover south of High Street but (F) trains can use the crossover south of York Street for this and also assumes the (C) is R-32s:

(A) runs in two sections:

207th Street-Chambers Street with LIMITED service to Fulton Street.

Hoyt-Schermerhorn to Lefferts Boulevard, originating on the Queens-bound track and running LOCAL to Euclid Avenue

Hoyt-Schermerhorn to Far Rockaway, originating on the Manhattan-bound track and running EXPRESS to Queens from Hoyt-Schermerhorn to Utica Avenue, local after that.

ALL service TO Hoyt-Schermerhorn runs LOCAL between Euclid Avenue and Hoyt-Schermerhorn

(C) runs via the (M) and then (J) from West 4th-Broadway Junction (J) station. Passengers looking for Brooklyn (A) / (C) stations are asked to take the (C) to Broadway Junction and change there OR take the (N) or (R) to Jay Street-Metrotech and take shuttle bus to Hoyt-Schermerhorn (see below).

(F) runs as follows:

179th Street, Queens to York Street, Brooklyn (two out of every three trains)

Every third trains stops at Queens Plaza station and runs via the (G) to Coney Island.

(G) extended on both ends:

To 71st-Continental to replace the (M) is Queens

To Coney Island to replace some (F) trains in Brooklyn

(M) runs Metropolitan Avenue-Myrtle Avenue ONLY as the (C) replaces the (M) from West 4th Street-Myrtle Avenue.

(N) run via the Montauge Street tunnel to provide extra service to Jay Street-Metrotech and connecting shuttle bus.

Shuttle bus runs from York Street to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center and makes the following stops:

York Street (F)

High Street (A)

Jay Street-Metrotech A/C/F

Hoyt-Schermerhorn A/C/G

Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center

I know I get flak for sending the C to the Eastern Division on these, but I find it does allow Fulton line passengers coming from Manhattan to keep their one-seat ride if going to Broadway Junction and helps reduce overcrowding on the L, shuttle buses and other lines that would affected by such situations.

NEXT:

Please pay attention to this one closely, as it is complicated. Have track maps ready.

Due to a power failure at Dekalb Avenue, the switches are stuck in the positions they were in when the outage occured. This affects all lines, as it is north and south of the station.

Northbound:

Pacific Street Local --> Montague Street

Pacific Street Express --> Montague Street

Brighton --> 6th Avenue Line

Southbound

Canal Street --> Pacific Street Express

Grand Street --> Brighton

Jay Street --> Pacific Street Express (after Dekalb Avenue)

Reroute the (B), (D), (N), (R), and (Q).

(C) runs via the (M) and then (J) from West 4th-Broadway Junction (J) station. Passengers looking for Brooklyn (A) / (C) stations are asked to take the (C) to Broadway Junction and change there OR take the (N) or (R) to Jay Street-Metrotech and take shuttle bus to Hoyt-Schermerhorn (see below).

I know I get flak for sending the C to the Eastern Division on these, but I find it does allow Fulton line passengers coming from Manhattan to keep their one-seat ride if going to Broadway Junction and helps reduce overcrowding on the L, shuttle buses and other lines that would affected by such situations.

Again!?!

Let me explain to you why this isn't a feasible solution.

1. (C) has to merge with the (F)(M), which brings it close to, if not over, 30tph

2. (C) and (M) have to merge with (J)(Z), which is just under 30tph or so

All of this unecessary merges will without a doubt causes delays. ONLY THE A/C/F lines are affected. Your solution delays the (A)(C)(E)(F)(M)(J)(Z), and possibly the (B)(D).

Well I guess that means that (B)(Q) have to run 4 Av Express?

Have a closer look at the Track Map.

"The (D) and (N) tracks are set to the Brighton line."

That makes no sense because those tracks don't connect. That's like saying that the 60th Street tunnel tracks are set for 6th Avenue; there isn't any connection.

"The (D) and (N) tracks are set to the Brighton line."

That makes no sense because those tracks don't connect. That's like saying that the 60th Street tunnel tracks are set for 6th Avenue; there isn't any connection.

Just drop it, some people find it hard to understand as witnessed.

NEXT

An (F) train derails between 2 Av and Broadway Lafayette.

Let me explain to you why this isn't a feasible solution.

1. (C) has to merge with the (F)(M), which brings it close to, if not over, 30tph

2. (C) and (M) have to merge with (J)(Z), which is just under 30tph or so

All of this unecessary merges will without a doubt causes delays. ONLY THE A/C/F lines are affected. Your solution delays the (A)(C)(E)(F)(M)(J)(Z), and possibly the (B)(D).

Um, in my version, the (M) is actually cut back to a shuttle.between Metropolitan and Myrtle with the (C) replacing the (M) between Myrtle and West 4th, meaning it only is merging with the (F) and NOT the (M) and if you look at it, it's actually 2/3rds of the normal (F) trains because 1/3rd of them are actually running via the (G). I'm looking at a situation like a derailment, depending on how bad as something that could effect service for 2-3 DAYS, not a couple of hours so easily. Sending the (C) to Broadway Junction via the Broadway Brooklyn line at least keeps one connection to Brooklyn, in this case where those heading for Broadway Junction can then get lines to points east and west and NOT flood the (L), an already overcrowded line.

Edited by Wallyhorse

Um, in my version, the (M) is actually cut back to a shuttle.between Metropolitan and Myrtle with the (C) replacing the (M) between Myrtle and West 4th, meaning it only is merging with the (F) and NOT the (M) and if you look at it, it's actually 2/3rds of the normal (F) trains because 1/3rd of them are actually running via the (G). I'm looking at a situation like a derailment, depending on how bad as something that could effect service for 2-3 DAYS, not a couple of hours so easily. Sending the (C) to Broadway Junction via the Broadway Brooklyn line at least keeps one connection to Brooklyn, in this case where those heading for Broadway Junction can then get lines to points east and west and NOT flood the (L), an already overcrowded line.

I would've however just went with this:

No (A) trains between Chambers Street and Utica Avenue

No (C) trains between Chambers Street and Euclid Avenue

No (F) trains between York Street and Church Avenue. Select (F) trains run via the (G) between Queens Plaza and Bergen Street.

Carry on.

NEXT:

Please pay attention to this one closely, as it is complicated. Have track maps ready.

Due to a power failure at Dekalb Avenue, the switches are stuck in the positions they were in when the outage occured. This affects all lines, as it is north and south of the station.

Northbound:

Southbound

No (B) trains between West 4th Street and Brighton Beach

No (D) trains between West 4th Street and 36th Street

No (N) trains between Whitehall Street and 36th Street. All (N) trains originate at Whitehall Street, fully local from Astoria-Lower Manhattan

No (Q) trains between 57th Street and Prospect Park

No (R) trains between Canal Street and Bay Ridge. Shuttle buses make (R) stops at 59th Street, Bay Ridge Avenue, 77th Street, 86th Street, and 95th Streets.

NEXT

An (F) train derails between 2 Av and Broadway Lafayette.

I'm assuming Christine Street is closed.

(B) trains run from 145th to WTC via 8th Avenue Local.

(D) trains run in two sections, Coney Island to 59th Street (via Broadway Express) and West 4th or 34th-HSQ to 207th/Bronx.

(F) trains run in two sections, Coney Island to Delancey and West 4th skipping 23rd and 14th or 34th-HSQ to Jamaica.

(M) trains run in two sections, Metropolitan to Broad Street, and 71st Avenue to West 4th skipping 23rd and 14th or 34th-HSQ

(E) trains run via 6th Avenue Local.

NEXT:

Northbound:

Southbound

Anyone else want to have a go at this?

Another problem involving yards.

Because of signal problems at the Culver Line from Avenue P to Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue, (F) trains cannot go to Coney Island Complex. What do you do at this situation when you cannot put trains to the yard?

(F) trains don't store there, so there's no problem...

All (F) trains terminate at Church Avenue or Kings Highway.

And guys, it's just a game thread on an internet forum, not a heart transplant waiting list. Drop the subject.

Edited by Threxx

NEXT:

Northbound:

Southbound

Took me a bit...

(B) running as usual, (D) via the local Brighton, (N) via the Montague Street, (R) express between Pacific Street and 36th Street, (Q) via Pacific Street Express...

NEXT:

Northbound:

Southbound

(B) Unaffected.

(D) Via Brighton Local.

(N) Southbound unaffected. Northbound via Montague Street.

(Q) Via 4th Avenue Express - West End. Northbound also via tunnel.

(R) Southbound via 4th Avenue Express b/w Atlantic Ave & 36 St. Late night unaffected.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity