Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are there really 11 hour jobs out there? i was under the impression that the (MTA) cut most, if not all of those after the budget cuts to kill the overtime

Close (1057) still thats what we call "Blood Money" you FEEL it after the end of the week if yer working it for five days..

Once in a while is cool Extra or VR those Cats who pick those jobs usually dont have a spring in their step either..

I'll give you guys the 401 on final processing. There are about 50 or so people there, but most are not for TO final processing. I think a lot of them are already transit workers getting testing. I think some of them are for conductor testing. Some are going for the drug test. They call your name and you have to go to another waiting area behind the blue wall. Then they call your name, you go take a computer questionaire. After the computer questionaire , the nurses call you and you go to another sitting area. You wait for nurses to call your name. You have to do a hearing test, Blood pressure, weight measurement, Eye test, ekg test and urine test. I think the urine test is for diabetes? They will call you four times for different things, 1.hearing 2. vision, wt , blood pressure 3. urine 4 ekg. Afterwords you go back to the second waiting area and wait for a doctor to call you. The doctor will call you, he'll go over your tests and what your put on the computer questionaire. If you put something down that's a flag, he'll ask you more questions on it. If you pass everything, then I guess you go on to the next step filling out paperwork and getting sworn in. If not, then you're put on medical hold :(

Say NO for every Question on that Effing Computer!!!!!!

Edited by RTOMan

Really? Because my co-worker is in the late 300's and he took his Drug test Wednesday.

Well, I'm list 325-335 and I haven't gotten a letter nor a phone call from either DCAS or the MTA! What should I do in a situation like this?

last post was from 336 and that person went Wednesday as well. I would make a phone call if I were you.

What phone number would I call? I really need to know because I've been keeping on top of this for some time now, since November, and now im hearing that people behind me on the list are getting called before me.

I just got in contact with MTA employment desk and spoke with a lady who told me that they were up to number 8 on the train operator exam 8098... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!???? OMG.. im going thru an anxiety attack here... lol

I feel like crying.. this isn't fair.. I'm list # 325-335, I hear all around here that the MTA has reached past my list number on the list and yet I haven't heard anything either by mail or phone. Then I call the MTA directly and get told that they are only up to list number 8. My friend was list number 86 and he started back in October. Things just don't make sense and it isn't fair..

I just got in contact with MTA employment desk and spoke with a lady who told me that they were up to number 8 on the train operator exam 8098... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!???? OMG.. im going thru an anxiety attack here... lol

wondering if you got a letter after getting your score notice. Second notice would have been you had been cleared for education and experience. Those went out 2years ago maybe. look back in this topic and you will see the date. If you didn't receive 2 notices then it sounds like you might be out of luck. Not sure but check back and check all notices from DCAS.

Edited by Gherigfan1

I feel like crying.. this isn't fair.. I'm list # 325-335, I hear all around here that the MTA has reached past my list number on the list and yet I haven't heard anything either by mail or phone. Then I call the MTA directly and get told that they are only up to list number 8. My friend was list number 86 and he started back in October. Things just don't make sense and it isn't fair..

Just like Gherigfan1 said. Did you ever recieve a second notice stating that you meet the education/experience requirments?? DCAS sent those out around November 2011. If you didn't sorry but your out of luck for this job. You had to have 5 yrs of documentable fulltime experience. You were also able to subsitute up to 4yrs of college if I remember.

Also make sure DCAS has your correct address as that will be the info the MTA will have and will send the letter out too.

Edited by elantra06

I would have to agree with GehrigFan. If you didnt receieve a second letter either qualifying of disqualifying you, you may be SOL. i got a second letter late in 2010. DISQUALIFYING me. It was total BS and i appealed and appealed and they granted it very early this year. My list is right around 250 and i took the DT on 10-17. Im already in the 12-17 class but seriously I would call DCAS, 511 again and tell them you know that people in the high 300s are going for drug tests already. Try to get some info that is atleast accurate outta them.

I would have to agree with GehrigFan. If you didnt receieve a second letter either qualifying of disqualifying you, you may be SOL. i got a second letter late in 2010. DISQUALIFYING me. It was total BS and i appealed and appealed and they granted it very early this year. My list is right around 250 and i took the DT on 10-17. Im already in the 12-17 class but seriously I would call DCAS, 511 again and tell them you know that people in the high 300s are going for drug tests already. Try to get some info that is atleast accurate outta them.

List number 4 hundred teens here. I would look into it as well. Just spent an hour on the phone talking with a TO I know. Very excited.

Alot of both RTOman. He came in the same OC trst as you. I will pm you his name. Family friend for years. He works the a div. He was lucky, straight out of schoolcar he got am's. The whole time as extra he was am's. Now picking and guess what, still am's. Nice info he has. I am gonna pick his brain for the next 5 years or more. Alwaus good to get senior advice.

Once you get to schoolcar you'll see that there are things that the public should not know regarding train operation.. :ph34r:

Well absolutely!! Sone people shouldnt have access to certain info. I just want a little inside info on what to expect or experience. But then again surprises are fun too lol.........BTW whos in the 12-17 class with me?!?!

wondering if you got a letter after getting your score notice. Second notice would have been you had been cleared for education and experience. Those went out 2years ago maybe. look back in this topic and you will see the date. If you didn't receive 2 notices then it sounds like you might be out of luck. Not sure but check back and check all notices from DCAS.

Just like Gherigfan1 said. Did you ever recieve a second notice stating that you meet the education/experience requirments?? DCAS sent those out around November 2011. If you didn't sorry but your out of luck for this job. You had to have 5 yrs of documentable fulltime experience. You were also able to subsitute up to 4yrs of college if I remember.

Also make sure DCAS has your correct address as that will be the info the MTA will have and will send the letter out too.

I did. I got both notices! I got one marked 2010(the education and experience) and the other (exam results) marked 2007(I think).. However, I did get both notices. They were both sent to my mailing address and I did personally receive both notices. To be honest, I'm between list number 329-331.. I'm reading the posts on this website and reading that people behind me on the list are getting notices. Meanwhile, I haven't even received a letter or a phone call yet! I was advised by another forum member to attain the phone number to the MTA employment Desk (which I did) number is 3476438229.. When I called today, a lady picked up and I asked what list number on exam 8098 were they up to, and she replied "8" with an attitude and then I told her my list number and she said that they will get to me. After the phone call, I realized that a friend of mine who was list number 85-90 is already in the class which begun in October. So how could they possibly be up to the number 8? Things just aren't adding up properly and I'm beginning to become frustrated with this whole situation.

I did. I got both notices! I got one marked 2010(the education and experience) and the other (exam results) marked 2007(I think).. However, I did get both notices. They were both sent to my mailing address and I did personally receive both notices. To be honest, I'm between list number 329-331.. I'm reading the posts on this website and reading that people behind me on the list are getting notices. Meanwhile, I haven't even received a letter or a phone call yet! I was advised by another forum member to attain the phone number to the MTA employment Desk (which I did) number is 3476438229.. When I called today, a lady picked up and I asked what list number on exam 8098 were they up to, and she replied "8" with an attitude and then I told her my list number and she said that they will get to me. After the phone call, I realized that a friend of mine who was list number 85-90 is already in the class which begun in October. So how could they possibly be up to the number 8? Things just aren't adding up properly and I'm beginning to become frustrated with this whole situation.

Well apparently them telling you number 8 isnt that uncommon. Apparently when they first started calling for the first 100, someone called the direct number you did and they told him they were up to number 7. It doesnt make sense. If your list 330, you should have definitely gotten a call or letter. Id call again Monday or go down there directly to see wtf is goin on. Cuz if you got both letters one for the list number and a qualifying letter, there shouldnt be any issue UNLESS you changed your phone number/ or address. And thats the only way they cant reach you.

I said yes to some questions on the med questionaire. I told the truth. I'm not sure if you say no and then they find out you have something will you get fired? From earlier posts I heard this can happen. I don't want to get too personal, but I was put on medical hold. I'm not sure if I can be a TO anymore. :( Good luck to you all. My assumption is that they are past 300 on final processing. I guess it's easy for people not to pass medical.

Edited by Dahon5

Well after reading this exchange I couldn't help but to laugh n shake my head @ some of the responses...lolol. But nonethless I'll welcome ya'll to NYCT. I wish ya'll the best of luck in the school car. I can't stress it enough n that is study them signals n listen to your instructors! All the other stuff will come in due time. I see that my fellow co-workers here have covered everything from money to how many hours you maybe working. You guys will be fine.