Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a call yesterday to come in today instead of Monday.

Medical was easy breezy, and moved fast. The doctor didn't even do half the things people explained here. 2 minutes with her, I couldn't believe it. Saw a few get put on hold. Final Processing was fast too. To all those who are waiting. GET THERE EARLY. Your ticket # means EVERYTHING. Contrary to belief, you are called in the order of arrival.

I was in at 6:45 and out by 11:45, all the employees are very professional and know their stuff.

Good luck to the rest of you and I'll see some of ya on June 30th.

List 251x

AAnxious, Great News!!

I was expecting your post on Monday, but earlier is better!

Most likely I will be called next week.

Thanks for advice.

Medical was easy breezy, and moved fast. The doctor didn't even do half the things people explained here. 2 minutes with her, I couldn't believe it. Saw a few get put on hold. Final Processing was fast too. To all those who are waiting. GET THERE EARLY. Your ticket # means EVERYTHING. Contrary to belief, you are called in the order of arrival.

I was in at 6:45 and out by 11:45, all the employees are very professional and know their stuff.

List 251x

They need Bodies......  

You got lucky..

BTW Somethings are best kept to yourself. 

You never know whos paying attention to what you say..

Words of wisdom...

Edited by RTOMan

Good to see they're moving (relatively) fast. I wonder if there's a push to hire by year end? Or a need to hire more people due to system expansion?

Anyway, I will take RTOman's advice. I'm sure there are people from transit reading these forums. Hopefully they understand that we're desperate for info about job opportunities and to learn about the job itself. Everyone says things they might regret.

Good to see they're moving (relatively) fast. I wonder if there's a push to hire by year end? Or a need to hire more people due to system expansion?

Anyway, I will take RTOman's advice. I'm sure there are people from transit reading these forums. Hopefully they understand that we're desperate for info about job opportunities and to learn about the job itself. Everyone says things they might regret.

People are retiring like crazy this year so, like RTOman said, they need bodies something awful down here.

List 251x

Just wondering, about how long did you wait from your initial DT to getting the call for medical/final processing?

Thanks for your responses!

I'm following this forum for a long time...

For some people it takes three days after the second DT, for others more than a month.

It's normal.

If no call within the next two weeks - will call HR office.

Good news got my letter to report to 180 Livingston tomorrow , my list # 29xx...took along time but it's here..Question how long is process to get placed in a class if there's no hold up with med or background ?

Good news got my letter to report to 180 Livingston tomorrow , my list # 29xx...took along time but it's here..Question how long is process to get placed in a class if there's no hold up with med or background ?

Was this letter for the drug test?

Thanks for your responses!

I'm following this forum for a long time...

For some people it takes three days after the second DT, for others more than a month.

It's normal.

If no call within the next two weeks - will call HR office.

If you dont get call for the June Class you will probably get call for the July class and will have a better chance to pick what division you might want to go to so don't get discouraged just wait patiently for your turn, they will get to you.  I know a lot of people say "I just want to get in no matter what division it is"  But trust me when I tell you that its a lot harder when you have to report to Van courtlant living in Staten Island or Brooklyn than lf you live in the Bronx.

I went in for the pre-exam (drug test) today and just got the 21 page booklet. I was curious how much of a stickler are they with dates. I have a rough idea of the dates I've worked and was unemployed, but I may be off by a month or two. Not to mention most of the places I've worked my supervisors at the time no longer work there now. Also what effect does having special skills and abilities, speaking a second language have on being chosen? I'm mean if everything is in order, could I still lose out a spot to a Polygot, computer programmer? Or am I just over thinking things. I just don't want to lose out on a great opportunity just because I said that I left a job in March of '05 when it was really April '05. 

Edited by KenHeines

I went in for the pre-exam (drug test) today and just got the 21 page booklet. I was curious how much of a stickler are they with dates. I have a rough idea of the dates I've worked and was unemployed, but I may be off by a month or two. Not to mention most of the places I've worked my supervisors at the time no longer work there now. Also what effect does having special skills and abilities, speaking a second language have on being chosen? I'm mean if everything is in order, could I still lose out a spot to a Polygot, computer programmer? Or am I just over thinking things. I just don't want to lose out on a great opportunity just because I said that I left a job in March of '05 when it was really April '05.

Just answer the ques to the best of your ability. This is the MTA background screening not the NYPD or FBI. My best advice is to try and obtain a copy of your Social Security work history. Contact SS office for more info ASAP. I believe it costs about $50.00 for a print out. Btw, what is your list # range?

Just answer the ques to the best of your ability. This is the MTA background screening not the NYPD or FBI. My best advice is to try and obtain a copy of your Social Security work history. Contact SS office for more info ASAP. I believe it costs about $50.00 for a print out. Btw, what is your list # range?

I figured, but then I got all nervous. After 5 years waiting I don't want to mess it up now because I said an old supervisor's name was Tom instead of Thomas. I got my Social Security work history today online, all it showed was how much I made each year up until now. I'll try to contact them by phone and see if I can get a more detailed. Thanks.

My list range is 2,9XX. I actually thought I was too far down to actually get anywhere with it.

If you dont get call for the June Class you will probably get call for the July class and will have a better chance to pick what division you might want to go to so don't get discouraged just wait patiently for your turn, they will get to you. I know a lot of people say "I just want to get in no matter what division it is" But trust me when I tell you that its a lot harder when you have to report to Van courtlant living in Staten Island or Brooklyn than lf you live in the Bronx.

100% right! Didn't think about that.

Thanks.

If you dont get call for the June Class you will probably get call for the July class and will have a better chance to pick what division you might want to go to so don't get discouraged just wait patiently for your turn, they will get to you.  I know a lot of people say "I just want to get in no matter what division it is"  But trust me when I tell you that its a lot harder when you have to report to Van courtlant living in Staten Island or Brooklyn than lf you live in the Bronx.

Esp if you are sent to the A Div Crew office gotta crew the jobs up... It's stinks but it's part of the job.

I figured, but then I got all nervous. After 5 years waiting I don't want to mess it up now because I said an old supervisor's name was Tom instead of Thomas. I got my Social Security work history today online, all it showed was how much I made each year up until now. I'll try to contact them by phone and see if I can get a more detailed. Thanks.

My list range is 2,9XX. I actually thought I was too far down to actually get anywhere with it.

Oh and I'm sure a simple name gaffe won't be a issue but don't make it a habit of stretching the truth with that booklet.... They DO go back and check everything and I mean everything you put down. They did it to me and everyone else who filled that booklet out. It may take time but they do it.

I know I will probably be called any day now for final processing so my question is.... How important is it to attach your college transcript to the 21 page booklet? I've been waiting to receive mine, can only assume it was lost in the mail. Should I have the school overnight me another one or will the HS Diploma I provided MTA suffice?

FYI: The SS employment history printout is $102. You must have a check or a money order (No cash/credit cards). You can go right to the office and pick it up, but as previously stated it only provides the employers name, address, the year you worked for employer and the $ amount earned that year for each employer.