Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Well thank god my class is not a "bad" class. We are making it do what it do!!!

Great news brother glad to hear it! :)

Word gets out that i can tell you...  

Now as for the individuals...

Heh well that's when the cream of the crop rises when you folks get separated..

Names get passed....

Facebook is a beautiful thing...  :)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thank god my class is not a "bad" class. We are making it do what it do!!!

Great news brother glad to hear it! :)

Word gets out that i can tell you...  

Now as for the individuals...

Heh well that's when the cream of the crop rises when you folks get separated..

Names get passed....

Facebook is a beautiful thing...  :)

???????????????? Thank you brother!!!!

@leondub, thanks for your focus on list numbers. There's room on this forum for everyone, and I am very interested to see how school car and daily work as a train operator goes. Those of us who are still waiting to be called can get a little tense, though, because this is truly a unique opportunity that is so much better than what most of us have now. It's a game changer, and we want to make sure we don't get passed over when the list gets to our number (e.g., if mail got lost or misdirected).

One unrelated question. Do train operators call themselves "motormen"? Was that a different position? Or just an old-fashioned and no longer used name for train operators?

Thanks again for the info and guidance.

Motorman was changed due to woman's rights and equality. Train operator does not does not have the word man in it. So to answer your question train operator title was changed from motorman a while back. That's why you probably still here the name floating around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@leondub, thanks for your focus on list numbers. There's room on this forum for everyone, and I am very interested to see how school car and daily work as a train operator goes. Those of us who are still waiting to be called can get a little tense, though, because this is truly a unique opportunity that is so much better than what most of us have now. It's a game changer, and we want to make sure we don't get passed over when the list gets to our number (e.g., if mail got lost or misdirected). One unrelated question. Do train operators call themselves "motormen"? Was that a different position? Or just an old-fashioned and no longer used name for train operators?Thanks again for the info and guidance.
To be "politically correct" For transit. Train operator is a general term.
Motorman was changed due to woman's rights and equality. Train operator does not does not have the word man in it. So to answer your question train operator title was changed from motorman a while back. That's why you probably still here the name floating around. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^what he said^^ But some old timers still consider themselves motormen.

Natic03, you mentioned your list # was around 2420s and as of WED 05/14 - they called 2404.

Q: Did they call your list # today or yesterday?

Leon, are you referring to the official DCAS list, or to the last person called for the initial drug test?

Or are those the same things?

DCAS official list # is still 2133 because many people that are called after this # didn't start their class yet. Many new hires start this Mon 05/19. After that DCAS will update their official list #.

But if you call MTA human resources directly than the list # to be called for Final processing is over 2400s which is good for us. We are getting very close.

Natic03 is in the beginning of 2400s and Grey is in 2500s. I'm just curious if they got any calls.

Guys, please, Monday - ask your class instructor if there are classes scheduled to begin in July and August for new people hired. if not, then when is the next class scheduled to start after June.

In this case we, who is waiting, would know what to expect this summer or fall.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Great question @ LeonDoub. I'm in the early 2600's and was thinking I would be called for the July class, but if they are not hiring for the summer months that would push it back. I took my D/T 2/27, 90 days is about up. Guess I'll have to take that again as well.

Guys, please, Monday - ask your class instructor if there are classes scheduled to begin in July and August for new people hired. if not, then when is the next class scheduled to start after June.

In this case we, who is waiting, would know what to expect this summer or fall.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No prob bro.

Well no call as of yet. I'm hoping a Jun class would take care of the 2400s or at least most of it. I'll use this time to finish using up my vacation days lol. There shouldn't be a summer break though because it's not like it's a short training procedure

Well no call as of yet. I'm hoping a Jun class would take care of the 2400s or at least most of it. I'll use this time to finish using up my vacation days lol. There shouldn't be a summer break though because it's not like it's a short training procedure

Wise choice my friend!!

Question at anyone who can answer. On the training classes only forAM or is it a.m. PMs and overnight? Reason why I ask is because one evening was riding home I saw a group of people in orange vest on the platform about 11:00 PM.

And I know for a fact that they weren't cleaners because there was too many of them.

Question at anyone who can answer. On the training classes only forAM or is it a.m. PMs and overnight? Reason why I ask is because one evening was riding home I saw a group of people in orange vest on the platform about 11:00 PM.And I know for a fact that they weren't cleaners because there was too many of them.

Yes, 3-11's or AM's

Good looking on the quick response BH! So my other question to you is do we get to choose or is the choice made for us.

Ok I'm gonna give you my experience, I wanted B division. So have others In my class also. My list # was 2180's then there were people with higher numbers. When the head of the pick division came in the room, he said we have only 12 slots for the B division, and 30 slots for the A. Haaaa!!! Those slots vanished way before they called my name. But now it could be the other way around next time. Cause I heard the class right before mine all of them got sent to the B. And they were on a PM shift.. I would've been happy. But I still am cause I got a good class, and I've met some really good people. So hey... It's all in gods hands! And I've met a childhood friend who used to take train rides with me from church ave. To 241st Wakefield. On the 2 train. And look... Now we are going to be in the A division where it all began. So hey.... I'm happy still. I'm livings dream thank god