Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Maybe sooner. I called Ms. Shivers on April 24th. She said the last called for final processing was 2379. That was over 2 weeks ago, seems like they move 50 names a week or so.

MY D/T expired yesterday, so I'm pretty confident I'll be called for the June or July class. List # 2510-2520.

Good info. Pls, post if you will be called. List # 2519 is the breaking point between 92.25 and 92.50 grade average. Don't know if it makes any difference.

In terms of the list #'s, I always go by the DCAS. Hope this time I'm wrong and you are correct..

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good info. Pls, post if you will be called. List # 2519 is the breaking point between 92.25 and 92.50 grade average. Don't know if it makes any difference.

In terms of the list #'s, I always go by the DCAS. Hope this time I'm wrong and you are correct..

Barbara Shivers is the Gatekeeper for the Lists, and calls you personally for final processing. Her #'s are more accurate than DCAS which is always about 2 months behind. 

Edited by AAnxious

What he said ^^^^^^^^Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are serious people on this forum seeking info. And for the last few weeks, I noticed your comment "what he said". Here is my question, "what you said"? It sounds really CORNY!!!

Ok forum police, be easy. Everyone is here to support everyone. The "what he said" comment isn't hurting anyone. Might not help, but it doesn't hurt. Besides, it wasn't @mard saying it all those times. Just saying. Misguided anger... Relax.

Ok forum police, be easy. Everyone is here to support everyone. The "what he said" comment isn't hurting anyone. Might not help, but it doesn't hurt. Besides, it wasn't @mard saying it all those times. Just saying. Misguided anger... Relax.

^^what he said^^

Lol. Grown men acting like babies I swear. By saying " what he said" that's just confirming the information on here so that those who are seeking info can know that more than 1 person confirms the info. @trainman just to set the record straight that was the first time I ever said that. Not sure why you're so frustrated by it but it doesn't really matter. This forum runs dry for weeks without a peep from many of you. At least we are trying to keep this thread alive and give as much info and hope to others as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sad part about @TRAINMAN's comments is that he actually thought that I was asking a question by saying (what he said) followed by arrows pointing up to let everyone know that the post above my post is accurate info. He misunderstood that for "what he said????" With a question mark at the end as if I was mocking the post which I was not. Then he says I sound corny!! Only because he doesn't understand that my statement wasn't a question.

The sad part about @TRAINMAN's comments is that he actually thought that I was asking a question by saying (what he said) followed by arrows pointing up to let everyone know that the post above my post is accurate info. He misunderstood that for "what he said????" With a question mark at the end as if I was mocking the post which I was not. Then he says I sound corny!! Only because he doesn't understand that my statement wasn't a question. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mard, thanks for your post. You are right that the forum was dry. Guys, you are already in. You have nothing to worry about. Focus on studying. Let us, who are still waiting, to continue tracking list #s. We need to know who is called in order to make sure our #s are not missed.

Please keep it as general as possible and on the point. No intention to offend anyone. We are all going to be co-workers soon.

Look!! One piece of advice to all those coming in, and hopefuls. No one is in COMPETITION!!! This is not a race to see who can do what better than who, or finish a quiz fastest in the class. The TSS's will give you guys the tools you need to pass exams, but it's up to you to put the work in and STUDY! And if you don't understand something, ASK!!! No matter how many times until you get it. And the TSS's WILL KNOW if someone's not understanding something. They will ask DOES ANYONE NOT UNDERSTAND SO FAR? Don't play macho! Because I'll be the first to let them know if I don't understand anything! I'm not here to play macho!!! If y'all don't take anything from me, take this advice. Good luck and congrats!!!

You and your class are a TEAM the whole time you're down in schoolcar. You should be helping one another study, and whoever has a particular subject down pat, when you're not with the TSS's, should be helping those who don't have it down get it down.

Additionally, since you're travelling all over the system, ride the lines, and pay attention on your rides to work for those of you that take the train. Learn where the train goes slow and try to remember it - good odds there's a speed restriction or timers there, and you'll want to have some idea of these lines, the tracks and where they go, where you gotta go slow etc.

Ever hear people refer to "good" or "bad" schoolcar classes? Well that's where this comes from. You guys are a TEAM, and until people come to know YOU when you're on your own, you'll be part of "that class". Give yourselves a good reputation by working together.

Yes, the TSSes are there to help you, but you have to help yourselves. A TSS isn't going to hold 50+ signal aspects in front of you and ask you to identify each one - they may review 20 with the whole class before moving on to the lesson plan - they have a tight schedule as it is and a lot of material to cover. You guys have to help each other with the unofficial tutoring.

Make the most of the time the TSS's give you. They have access to resources that you don't - specifically the trains. That one day you're supposed to do a combination signal review / go down the road practicing station stops? If you've been studying with your class and do well in the first half, you'll go down the road, maybe even get to take a nice long trip, and practice stops. If you haven't been studying, or you've been studying alone, and people in the class seem shaky on signals, rest assured your TSSes will spend more time going over them since they of all know how important it is you learn your signals. Now you're wasting class time and missing out on time operating the train because you're reviewing something you should have reviewed at home - note this is very different than studying on your own and having a question, which is totally fine. And if there's something you'd like to see, ask. But you guys are all in this together as a class, so help each other and succeed together.

Look!! One piece of advice to all those coming in, and hopefuls. No one is in COMPETITION!!! This is not a race to see who can do what better than who, or finish a quiz fastest in the class. The TSS's will give you guys the tools you need to pass exams, but it's up to you to put the work in and STUDY! And if you don't understand something, ASK!!! No matter how many times until you get it. And the TSS's WILL KNOW if someone's not understanding something. They will ask DOES ANYONE NOT UNDERSTAND SO FAR? Don't play macho! Because I'll be the first to let them know if I don't understand anything! I'm not here to play macho!!! If y'all don't take anything from me, take this advice. Good luck and congrats!!!

You and your class are a TEAM the whole time you're down in schoolcar. You should be helping one another study, and whoever has a particular subject down pat, when you're not with the TSS's, should be helping those who don't have it down get it down.

Additionally, since you're travelling all over the system, ride the lines, and pay attention on your rides to work for those of you that take the train. Learn where the train goes slow and try to remember it - good odds there's a speed restriction or timers there, and you'll want to have some idea of these lines, the tracks and where they go, where you gotta go slow etc.

Ever hear people refer to "good" or "bad" schoolcar classes? Well that's where this comes from. You guys are a TEAM, and until people come to know YOU when you're on your own, you'll be part of "that class". Give yourselves a good reputation by working together.

Yes, the TSSes are there to help you, but you have to help yourselves. A TSS isn't going to hold 50+ signal aspects in front of you and ask you to identify each one - they may review 20 with the whole class before moving on to the lesson plan - they have a tight schedule as it is and a lot of material to cover. You guys have to help each other with the unofficial tutoring.

Make the most of the time the TSS's give you. They have access to resources that you don't - specifically the trains. That one day you're supposed to do a combination signal review / go down the road practicing station stops? If you've been studying with your class and do well in the first half, you'll go down the road, maybe even get to take a nice long trip, and practice stops. If you haven't been studying, or you've been studying alone, and people in the class seem shaky on signals, rest assured your TSSes will spend more time going over them since they of all know how important it is you learn your signals. Now you're wasting class time and missing out on time operating the train because you're reviewing something you should have reviewed at home - note this is very different than studying on your own and having a question, which is totally fine. And if there's something you'd like to see, ask. But you guys are all in this together as a class, so help each other and succeed together.

Thank you... I will certainly take heed to these words of wisdom. You just dropped some jewels on us.

Helpfull info. Thanks

The sad part about @TRAINMAN's comments is that he actually thought that I was asking a question by saying (what he said) followed by arrows pointing up to let everyone know that the post above my post is accurate info. He misunderstood that for "what he said????" With a question mark at the end as if I was mocking the post which I was not. Then he says I sound corny!! Only because he doesn't understand that my statement wasn't a question.

^^What he said^^ ????????????????

Mard, thanks for your post. You are right that the forum was dry. Guys, you are already in. You have nothing to worry about. Focus on studying. Let us, who are still waiting, to continue tracking list #s. We need to know who is called in order to make sure our #s are not missed.

Please keep it as general as possible and on the point. No intention to offend anyone. We are all going to be co-workers soon

This is so true, happy for everybody thats made it. Welcome to the transit fam, but im interested in the list #'s which seemed to slow down

Today i contacted Ms Shivers because my 90 days passed this week so i just wanted to get an idea where there at. She told me that the didn't 

get to my # yet (im in the 2420s)   She told me they were in the 2400s. Also she gave me a # to Ms Rivera (couldnt catch her first name from the vm)  

to find out when i would be called. left a message but she didn't get back to me yet, hopefully tomorrow she will but if anybody wants to try for themselves

Ms Rivera # is 347 643 8523.  Keep the forum informed please 

• rep_up.png
  •  

Hey everyone, looks like I missed a lot this week... Just to keep all of us "HOPEFULS" posted, I spoke with Ms. Shivers this week and the last appointed number was 2404.

Looks like they are still moving about 100 a month, which is great. Let's stay positive!

Natic03, thanks. Your are almost there. Great info. If they are at 2400s, it means you will be called tomorrow or next week at most. hopefully before the long weekend. I will call the phone # next week since you already have the list # for this week.

This job is a huge step and opportunity for many people to get out of every day life and move up. This forum is important because many people use it as the first link to connect them to a new life. 31$ per hour is God's gift in this economy. Keep posting and dont let it dry.

Hey everyone, looks like I missed a lot this week... Just to keep all of us "HOPEFULS" posted, I spoke with Ms. Shivers this week and the last appointed number was 2404.

Looks like they are still moving about 100 a month, which is great. Let's stay positive!

You can't let a week slip passed you or you'll miss some good topics, then you'll have to play catch up. What's your list range?

My range is 2600 - 2620... I still have some time to go. This gives me the opportunity to tie up some loose ends so I can focus on the prize once I'm in.

That's right!!! Health wise, personal wise. Tighten up on all of those things so it's just a smooth transition, when they do call you. Good luck my man!!

That's right!!! Health wise, personal wise. Tighten up on all of those things so it's just a smooth transition, when they do call you. Good luck my man!!

This is true. I didn't have everything up to speed and it knocked me back from the 4/28 to the 5/19 class. I didn't discover this forum until AFTER my first setback. Good to have this. Gets you prepared.

Interesting last few pages... As for what Subway Guy said i shall totally agree with with...  

There are NO secrets in RTO, if yer class is "labeled" it will stay that way until you are out posting or doing YX...

My class studied a lot off the clock together, so when we had those *dual days* we wasn't spending time going over things again and again.

We went over it once our TSS was satisfied, then got ourselves a train and went down the road.

For you B Div Folks Midnight Road Ops are a minefield of GOs and Flagging and you are going to see this First Hand.

One more thing and please heed it esp those with er shall i say "thin skin?"

This place (RTO) can be sort of a "frat house" at times, teasing going on here and there don't take it personal and unless it gets out of hand(name calling) then you say something.

Yet the best thing is Dont give folks a reason to mess with you there are some ball breakers down here. ;)

No im not one of them im on the damn train too much anyway Queens Is no Joke...

Edited by RTOMan

Interesting last few pages... As for what Subway Guy said i shall totally agree with with...  

There are NO secrets in RTO, if yer class is "labeled" it will stay that way until you are out posting or doing YX...

My class studied a lot off the clock together, so when we had those *dual days* we wasn't spending time going over things again and again.

We went over it once our TSS was satisfied, then got ourselves a train and went down the road.

For you B Div Folks Midnight Road Ops are a minefield of GOs and Flagging and you are going to see this First Hand.

One more thing and please heed it esp those with er shall i say "thin skin?"

This place (RTO) can be sort of a "frat house" at times, teasing going on here and there don't take it personal and unless it gets out of hand(name calling) then you say something.

Yet the best thing is Dont give folks a reason to mess with you there are some ball breakers down here. ;)

No im not one of them im on the damn train too much anyway Queens Is no Joke...

Well thank god my class is not a "bad" class. We are making it do what it do!!!