How Would You Implement/Fix Bus Service...

gtNovaBusRTS9369

O rly....

Beyond our understanding? You really are this delusional....

This is called the NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT FORUMS.

What in all the free world do you think we're gonna curtail our focus' more on here.... You don't come on a forum that has a specific theme to it, try to push a different agenda onto that specific community, then tell us we lack understanding because we aint on that same agenda & BS you've been on....

They "bash" because YOU don't get this simple concept... YOU'RE the one stuck in a fantasy world where YOU'RE the one tryna turn New york CITY's bus routes into some regional shit.....

None of that equates to "all they understand is MTA and just NYC"....

...but you're supposedly so damn smart.

When you sit here ONLINE & try to validate your existence & importance outside of the internet, you absolutely care what people think about you....

You haven't grown resiliant to shit....

Spare me your autobiographical, self over-appraising BS...

ALL of this garbage you call a reply, I did read, and will address...

Because you've been smellin yaself for quite some time on this forum.....

"Decoy ideas"... smfh...

yeah, real intelligent sounding.... Good job telling on yaself btw.....

Yup, everyone else is supposedly clueless, has limited thoughts and are somehow all unknowing... and what you say has all merit, truth, and ration.... That is also the definition of insanity - You're right & everyone else is wrong....

Which is more BS you've been spewing on these forums since you've came here....

Don't matter how many times you attempt to put yourself on a pedestal, you WILL realize you are no more important than anyone else on here....

"you people"....

GFY...

I guess you are right about this being the NEW YORK CITY FORUMS I guess that is the real reason why I got bashed you are right on that account. I guess that was what I meant on the clueless account I never said you were completely clueless in regard to NYC. However I never over praised myself at all I am simply telling the truth those events DID happen. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to it's your choice do whatever you please. BS I spew hardly that is just the arrogance talking. I never said everyone was wrong cause you ppl are not the only people I've brought up regional issues with. So I never said ALL. OHH ONE MORE THING MY PLAN DOES NOT TURN NYC'S OVERALL SYSTEM INTO REGIONAL SHIT. I was referring to other carriers when I mention regional routing. I stay local on my focus when I think about each county in LI. Also again you really think I would turn existing lines into that nope. Only weak lines to make em strong and no more. I look at traffic patterns then create hypothesis theories based on where those people are heading. The real truth is simple only lines with weak ridership only 2 will use HOV. The rest is modifing NON-MTA lines to link with major modes better. And strengthening a few express buses at off peak to decrease operating cost similar to x63 merger with QM21. That is only one example. The only lines I touch that are MTA are the ones that need a boost. Ohh some members here influenced some of my NON-NYC ideas. I don't self praise I just say what happened that is all. You don't have to go to try and degrade me as that is immature. I get the NYC concept focus. None of my LIRR ideas are regional MTA routes for the record.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q46: Yeah, the bunching issue what I'd have done before messing with the frequency. Then see what happens from there.

People who could use the Local get on the LTD, that in effect kills whatever time the LTD was saving. I've seen people run for an LIJ/GO bus just to get off at Main, when they saw a Springfield local sitting right there. The Q46 might have been one of the better examples of a route that should have gotten SBS. If everyone could pay before boarding at Kew Gardens, it wouldn't take so long to load up and you wouldn't have 4 buses leaving at the same time 3 crushloaded and 1 that'll be a can of sardines by the courthouse because it's the only one that could even make the stop.

People who could use the Local get on the LTD, that in effect kills whatever time the LTD was saving. I've seen people run for an LIJ/GO bus just to get off at Main, when they saw a Springfield local sitting right there. The Q46 might have been one of the better examples of a route that should have gotten SBS. If everyone could pay before boarding at Kew Gardens, it wouldn't take so long to load up and you wouldn't have 4 buses leaving at the same time 3 crushloaded and 1 that'll be a can of sardines by the courthouse because it's the only one that could even make the stop.

good point Q46 if one of the few queens routes I can see getting SBS

Gorgor you have been complaining about M31 for the longest right?? I think I may have a solution for that. New Bus route M37 west side HWY line upper west side to south ferry via battery park city. The line makes LTD stops at major transfer points along the west side highway and major destinations along west side hwy as well linking with many lines. The line will also travel on W 55th and 57th streets to west end ave replacing the M57's unique segment en route to 72nd street subway. As a result M57 is eliminated and M31 no longer has competition on W 57th street allowing service to improve on M31 enhancing york ave service in the process. Thus helping york ave folk and eliminating the thorn that held the M31 back for so long. West end ave ppl will transfer to M37 for service on the former M57's segment. Many DH runs already use west side highway put em to use.

Q25/65: No Comment

Q30: I brought that one up because That part of Queens is without bus service. So what would be there to provide that area w/buses? I was refering to what a few posters said 'bout this also.

No, for the (Q36) it was discussed already with Checkmate back & forth. Click on the link of the reply for more. As for the (Q66) though I wasn't completety sure, I had thought of the plan of removing stops to better timing & decrease bunching but realized that realistically can't be done w/o DOT finalizing such a decision.

Q46: Yeah, the bunching issue what I'd have done before messing with the frequency. Then see what happens from there.

Q74: I apologize, I really mean't to say weekdays Rush Hours for it to run. Anything headways lower than 20 mins would be fine. As for the middays, It just wouldn't have run at all. To clarify what I mean schedule wise: (See below)

Q74 Running Times: Rush Hours (7:00am-9:30am) runs every 15-20 Minutes (as you said). No service until 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM & then again run every 15-20 Minutes. For Middays refer to other alternatives. They actually have plenty you know in the form of: Q17, Q20, Q25, Q34, Q64 & Q88 so there isn't too huge a need for the Q74 overall.

Q27/Q83: I was basically proposing to balance out service between QV LIRR & Cambria Heights, but forget it. As long as folks are able to the Q27/Q83 at all then so be it.

M21: Whoops, I did mean Alternative my bad. However my intention still behind that idea was to add lower west end service on weekends.

didn't see your reply there....

Q30- True, but like you (and others, including myself) suggested earlier, the 79 needs to be reverted.

Q74- yep, at the bare minimum, that's how the route should be run...

The route wadn't as lowly used as some might think....

Q27/83- fully understood/saw what you were tryna do with it...

M21- see my response to Checkmate, esp. the very last sentence [post #173]

west side folks are content with their (1) train; they hardly even take the M20 on weekends.... Sure it would be great to have that alternative, but I really don't see west side folks utilizing it as much.... If anything, I think weekend M21 service would be somewhat more beneficial to east side folks....

You don't have to go to try and degrade me as that is immature. I get the NYC concept focus.

You don't have to continue to force regional plans onto us on a NYC based forum, but you do it anyway.... You get back what you give....

Furthermore, I'm not accusing you of not gettin the focus regarding NYC's routes (it isn't a "concept", majority of us LIVE here)....

However...

When you wanna come on here talkin bout how understanding the bigger picture is so beyond our grasp, due to the fact that we aint as adamant on that tip as you are.... Yeah, we goin have problems.... You aint as innocent as you like to paint yourself out to be....

NOT exactly there is more to it than that I am well aware of ppl travelling from outer areas all my plan does is connect the regional services better with the local services there is way more to it than what I mentioned so far. To tell the truth some of my ideas would boost ridership on metro-north and GWB bus NJ bound and NY bound bus routes. Also LIRR ridership would increase with the buses on highways as it mimicks the travel patterns and habits of regional travellers allowing them to use transit that they wouldn't be able to use otherwise without the quick connections. I am well aware CURRENT bus riders won't benefit from Van wyck bus service via HOV immunity but it's not about current riders it's about attracting NEW riders and traffic mitigation. The better links with LIRR from areas around metro-north and GWB area would allow transit to beat driving in several cases time-wise. I don't like the idea of ignoring problems. Some solution is better than no solution at all. In addition financial performance of dead lines like B39 and B24 may improve if granted HOV immunity on the highway. I am about increasing transit practicality to allow non-riders to become riders. All the busway/HOV does is show the motorist how much slower they are than transit allowing demand and transit use to increase decreasing traffic on highways and local roads. This in turn makes current local buses more reliable since they have to deal with less traffic however it may increase bus usage all over and crowding may get worse forcing service increases in a chain reaction that can be felt throughout the whole region. Then the cycle continues forcing services elsewhere to adjust links. In other words the MTA thinks they can force things down that appear to not make sense I structured this in a way that resembles the MTA's twisted mindset HOWEVER there is a hidden agenda that will actually increase bus use behind the MTA's back basically a trick to get around their stupidity and make service better for ppl without hurting riders and potential ones. It is a trojan horse a service bus enhancement proposal disguised as a SBS car crippling plan it disguises itself as a cost cutting plan but it will cut costs however that isn't the focus. BUT the plan actually does not hurt motorists at all but it rather exposes them and mocks them. It looks like it's dumb enough for MTA to try and force BUT it really indirectly forces them to increase bus use rather than pack the subway everywhere. Every idea I have has a hidden true agenda that most ppl miss. There is more to what I say than simply putting a bus on the highway any bus can get on the highway BUT it's the connections made while making more direct service that will determine if it's worth sending on the highway. There are hidden agendas and benefits buried in my ideas it's way more than what you see me type there is something much deeper than that. I admit I am a highway whore I love fast buses that link major transfer points. I have visited other cities and gotten spoiled. It's a reflection of my keep it moving personality.

I know you love to make short range plans BUT LAY OFF THE Q18 please? I used it several times it is crowded. I even use it to get to LIRR from astoria when I need to get to LI and make bus connections in suffolk or nassau. Don't touch routes that have regional connections.

That's where the Q39 comes in. While the Q18 is canned, the Q39 would connect to the (7) and LIRR at Woodside (although riders would have to walk three blocks from 58th St).

O rly....

Beyond our understanding? You really are this delusional....

This is called the NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT FORUMS.

What in all the free world do you think we're gonna curtail our focus' more on here.... You don't come on a forum that has a specific theme to it, try to push a different agenda onto that specific community, then tell us we lack understanding because we aint on that same agenda & BS you've been on....

They "bash" because YOU don't get this simple concept... YOU'RE the one stuck in a fantasy world where YOU'RE the one tryna turn New york CITY's bus routes into some regional shit.....

None of that equates to "all they understand is MTA and just NYC"....

...but you're supposedly so damn smart.

When you sit here ONLINE & try to validate your existence & importance outside of the internet, you absolutely care what people think about you....

You haven't grown resiliant to shit....

Spare me your autobiographical, self over-appraising BS...

ALL of this garbage you call a reply, I did read, and will address...

Because you've been smellin yaself for quite some time on this forum.....

"Decoy ideas"... smfh...

yeah, real intelligent sounding.... Good job telling on yaself btw.....

Yup, everyone else is supposedly clueless, has limited thoughts and are somehow all unknowing... and what you say has all merit, truth, and ration.... That is also the definition of insanity - You're right & everyone else is wrong....

Which is more BS you've been spewing on these forums since you've came here....

Don't matter how many times you attempt to put yourself on a pedestal, you WILL realize you are no more important than anyone else on here....

"you people"....

GFY...

Remember who you are speaking to.....this is the same dude that said that the Q104 can physically go through the barricade at 48th Street!

M21- I'd have it coming from the LES, etc.... then travel along Houston, then turn up on 6th av, to serve the W. 4th st station.... I was thinkin of a way to appease/facilitate all the walkers you have along houston on a saturday....

On top of it being too deviated/deviating from the regular route, there'd be no feasible place to turn buses around anyway....

west of 6th av on a saturday (don't know about sunday, since I've never worked on a sunday), the area is generally quiet... the M20 itself sees little usage... so there's no sense in having M21 service past that point....

If what I'm reading is a Saturday thing, I'm for it to an extent. The main gathering of folks along Houston is either at Houston/Broadway or Houston/Allen for some time of the day during the weekends. If you stand right outside of the Broadway/Lafayette station, you'd see a line (a decent one at that) waiting for the M21 to the L.E.S.

Now for the terminal at West 4th, while I could see that working, I'd send it actually to 8th/St. Marks, have it follow the M8 to Broadway and make a right, go straight down Broadway and make a left onto Houston and continue from there.

Remember who you are speaking to.....this is the same dude that said that the Q104 can physically go through the barricade at 48th Street!

lmfao !

If what I'm reading is a Saturday thing, I'm for it to an extent. The main gathering of folks along Houston is either at Houston/Broadway or Houston/Allen for some time of the day during the weekends. If you stand right outside of the Broadway/Lafayette station, you'd see a line (a decent one at that) waiting for the M21 to the L.E.S.

Now for the terminal at West 4th, while I could see that working, I'd send it actually to 8th/St. Marks, have it follow the M8 to Broadway and make a right, go straight down Broadway and make a left onto Houston and continue from there.

Yep, I thought about that also fam....

If it ended at W. 4th subway sta., or mirrored the M8 along that stretch, the same problem would exist....

The ppl. that want weekend EB M21's b/w 6th & broadway would be screwed =(

lmfao !

Yep, I thought about that also fam....

If it ended at W. 4th subway sta., or mirrored the M8 along that stretch, the same problem would exist....

The ppl. that want weekend EB M21's b/w 6th & broadway would be screwed =(

Point noted.

Now that I thought about it, a right on W 4th then a right on MacDougal & a left on Houston does fix that problem, also makes more sense. The reason I said my idea was because while it doesnt seem that way, there are a lot of elderly folk within that stretch. Since the nearby stations doesnt have elevators and all that stuff, the M21 would help to an extent.

Though at the same token, its best we not clog up the corresponding stretches with all these routes, after all, we got the M1-3, M5 and the M8, sending the M21 would likely cause problems.

I would do the following:

Q19/M35 and M60: Combine Q19/M35 under one label: the Q19. I would look further upon this option either when the lazy operators on the Q19 get in shape, or when the Q19 goes to the LGA Depot. Not all of the Q19 riders are bad, it's just that some of them do whatever they want. This might be a solution to the bus operator problem with going OOS after 31 street. most of the time, and might solve the riders on Randalls and Wards that don't pay the fare: by increasing headways and shortening hours of service for them. Also it provides direct service from Flushing to Harlem in one trip, instead of using express bus service or transfering from the 7 to the 4,5,and 6. Also however, the problem is that the Q19 would get off I-278 when it's about to enter into Manhattan, and then it takes that long loop around the island, and re-enter the Bridge from where the bus left the bridge, adding a 15-20 minute additional time to a commute.During evening times (8-10:30 pm), M60 buses would operate along the loop, and during rush hours every fourth bus would operate along the loop.

I would do the following:

Q19/M35 and M60: Combined Q19/M35 under one label: the Q19. I would look further upon this option either when the lazy operators on the Q19 get in shape, or when the Q19 goes to the LGA Depot. Not all of the Q19 riders are bad, it's just that some of them do whatever they want. This might be a solution to the bus operator problem with going OOS after 31 street. most of the time, and might solve the riders on Randalls and Wards that don't pay the fare: by increasing headways and shortening hours of service for them. Also it provides direct service from Flushing to Harlem in one trip, instead of using express bus service or transfering from the 7 to the 4,5,and 6. Also however, the problem is that the Q19 would get off I-278 when it's about to enter into Manhattan, and then it takes that long loop around the island, and re-enter the Bridge from where the bus left the bridge, adding a 15-20 minute additional time to a commute.During evening times (8-10:30 pm), M60 buses would operate along the loop, and during rush hours every fourth bus would operate along the loop.

You're going to have the Q19 go from Flushing to Randalls to 125th?! There is no sense in having that. In actuality, that's almost the exact M60 duplicate. Increasing headways aint gonna work either, the route already runs at a 20 minute interval. Shortening hours wouldnt exactly work either because the last run is already at 8pm. Overall, you are better off having the M35 separate.

You're going to have the Q19 go from Flushing to Randalls to 125th?! There is no sense in having that. In actuality, that's almost the exact M60 duplicate. Increasing headways aint gonna work either, the route already runs at a 20 minute interval. Shortening hours wouldnt exactly work either because the last run is already at 8pm. Overall, you are better off having the M35 separate.
The M35 operates to 11PM while the Q19 operates to 8 pm. The hours of service would be reduced 3 hours

The M35 operates at 10 minute intervals most of the day, while the Q19 operates at 20 minute intervals. That's what I meant by shortening hours and increase headways

The M35 operates to 11PM while the Q19 operates to 8 pm. The hours of service would be reduced 3 hours

The M35 operates at 10 minute intervals most of the day, while the Q19 operates at 20 minute intervals. That's what I meant by shortening hours and increase headways

Again, that wouldnt work because the M35 alone is reasonably full, not packed, but full. increasing the headways and shortening hours is basically doing one service huge service cut altogether for two lines. Not gonna work. Plus you are subjecting the route with major delays considering that the Triboro Bridge can be slammed with traffic every once in a while... and then its gotta go into Flushing?! No way. I rather have both routes the way it is.

Again, that wouldnt work because the M35 alone is reasonably full, not packed, but full. increasing the headways and shortening hours is basically doing one service huge service cut altogether for two lines. Not gonna work. Plus you are subjecting the route with major delays considering that the Triboro Bridge can be slammed with traffic every once in a while... and then its gotta go into Flushing?! No way. I rather have both routes the way it is.

You have the M60 as backup As well

M1: Agree with Shortline bus.

M2/M3: Should remain on 5th-Madison Av:

M3: I agree with Shortline Bus That will be way long.

M7: Not good idea. Maybe M7 could extend to 5th Av/14th St and turn around at 13th St to 6th Av, for better transfer to 5th-Madison Avs.

M10: Not good idea. Some trips should extend to PABT and turn around at 39th St.

M20: Not good idea. Plus, Battery Park City Shuttle Bus does not operate before 10am and after 7:30pm, Battery Park City folks might have to walk. There are lots of seniors and disable in that area.

Q32: I agree with Shortline Bus. I remember one of friendly B/O wanted SBS (LOL).

Q33: This bus is very important.

Q50: It does stop at 31st Rd according to bus schedule.

I agree with via White Plains Rd.

Sorry, I made correction.

Long Island Bus/NICE

N19: Keep it.

N23: Extend to Roosevelt Field Mall

N31/N32: Discontinue. Some some N32 trips operate via West Broadway, mark as N32A.

N33: If bus allowed on Loop Parkway, extend to Jones Beach summer only.

N88: Make it free operation.

Now why in their right mind would a private company provide a service free of charge?

Long Island Bus/NICE

N19: Keep it.

N23: Extend to Roosevelt Field Mall

N31/N32: Discontinue. Some some N32 trips operate via West Broadway, mark as N32A.

N33: If bus allowed on Loop Parkway, extend to Jones Beach summer only.

N88: Make it free operation.

The loop parkway does in fact allow buses which is why I came up with the N74/73 idea in the first place. N88 prints money it will never be free. N23 actually interlines with N79/N78 some MTA guy told me that. So N23 basically already goes to roosevelt field but as N79/78. N19 has ridership it can't die N31 ugh leave alone plz N32 and N31 carry well

The loop parkway does in fact allow buses which is why I came up with the N74/73 idea in the first place. N88 prints money it will never be free. N23 actually interlines with N79/N78 some MTA guy told me that. So N23 basically already goes to roosevelt field but as N79/78. N19 has ridership it can't die N31 ugh leave alone plz N32 and N31 carry well

The N23 may interline with the N78/N79, but it's not the same as being extended to the RFM unless there's an official policy that says you're allowed to stay on the bus while it lays over at Mineola.

And the N19 has ridership, but it parallels the LIRR, which is what could lead them to discontinue it. It's not like the N4, N22/N22A, or N24 where the cost per passenger is relatively low.

The N23 may interline with the N78/N79, but it's not the same as being extended to the RFM unless there's an official policy that says you're allowed to stay on the bus while it lays over at Mineola.

What happens at Mineola is basically this, N23s come in and before it discharges, they change the program to the other route. Sit for a while at the terminal and then begin a new run on that route. What he fails to mention is that there are N23 runs that interline with the N40 at Mineola and other routes along the way. He also fails to realize that the concept of routes interlining with one another is based on depot-by-depot runs, so his concept of interlining is somewhere in the land of imagination.

What happens at Mineola is basically this, N23s come in and before it discharges, they change the program to the other route. Sit for a while at the terminal and then begin a new run on that route. What he fails to mention is that there are N23 runs that interline with the N40 at Mineola and other routes along the way. He also fails to realize that the concept of routes interlining with one another is based on depot-by-depot runs, so his concept of interlining is somewhere in the land of imagination.

NOPE I know this well I just mentioned N23 interlining example my concept of interlining is NONE. Try to keep your post informative stop trying to insult me every chance you get it's rude. I know N23 interlines with N40 and many others by depot to depot that concept I understand where in my posts do I have imagination interline try not to be rude and stop tring to belittle me at every chance I have said nothing to you yet you insist on insulting me for no reason stop. I only stated an example a part of N23 interlining. A B/O explained to me interlining's purpose of depot by depot runs. When I asked at mineola. The rest of your post was very informative but the highlighted part was simply uncalled for.

Highlighted in bold that was uncalled for and unnessesary and very RUDE.

I know N23 interlines with N40 and many others by depot to depot that concept I understand

Two words.

Bull. Shit.

Had you known that, you would've never suggested Express routes from different boroughs to interline with one another, or routes from different depots to interline with one another in all the threads you've blatantly destroyed....And if you intend on denying this, I'll gladly grave dig every post that you made regarding this so I can shove it down your feeble-minded vessel you call a brain.

Again.

Bull. Shit!

I may be rude, but at least I'm being smart with what I say, unlike you, who is obviously stuck in the land before time (lets see who gets that little joke....) and lacks manners, common sense and most of all, proper grammar and spelling...

Carry on.

Archived