How Would You Implement/Fix Bus Service...

gtNovaBusRTS9369

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really?

M101, M102, M103...

M14A, M14D...

Those lines ARE NOT complete duplicates M14 has a north south segment that doesn't duplicate and serves many stops the (L) doesn't serve.

M101/2/3 only duplicate in one direction and also have big segments that do NOT duplicate. M10 unlike the routes you mentioned is COMPLETELY DUPLICATIVE the entire route mimicks the (D),(:P. the lines you mentioned only duplicate for a short time.

Bx1/2 have segments that DO NOT duplicate) . As well as BX4 cause it crosses (6) and (5),(2) also those lines suck in the reliability department. The (D) and (A) are more reliable than the others mentioned. M14 is a double standard with multiple purposes

Those lines ARE NOT complete duplicates M14 has a north south segment that doesn't duplicate and serves many stops the (L) doesn't serve.

M101/2/3 only duplicate in one direction and also have big segments that do NOT duplicate. M10 unlike the routes you mentioned is COMPLETELY DUPLICATIVE the entire route mimicks the (D),(:P. the lines you mentioned only duplicate for a short time.

Bx1/2 have segments that DO NOT duplicate) . As well as BX4 cause it crosses (6) and (5),(2) also those lines suck in the reliability department. The (D) and (A) are more reliable than the others mentioned. M14 is a double standard with multiple purposes

The M14A doesnt really duplicate, that I can agree with because its only 14th Street and one stop on the (F). Plus it helps both the (F) and (L)

The M101-103 duplicates in BOTH directions... Bx1-2 duplicates the majority of the (D) line....

Q44 can get to 3rd Avenue using East 182nd Street/Bronx Park South (which currently has no bus service)

They can make a park and ride at the end of the Hutchinson parkway before Q44 enters the whitestone. Then new Q94 can be made as an express super LTD which will time with Q50 and Q44 then do super express to JFK airtrain jamacia LIRR. Q94 can go to fordham rather than Q44. Another branch can go on boston rd eliminating beeline open door service in bronx.

The park and ride will allow ppl to park and then use Q94 rather than drive into the traffic HELL known as the van wyck!!!! saving ppl from the nightmare. It will link ppl from a distance better with LIRR in a sense.

I would do something else to implement services

Q59:Extend to Forest Hills 71 Avenue Subway Station or 75 Avenue Station. Many Q60 riders transfer to the Q59 at 63 Drive, Woodhaven Boulevard, or 56 Avenue that come from places like Elechester, Forest Hills, and Jamaica. Extended it to Jamaica would be too long, but at least extend it to 71 or Ascan Avenues.

Q44 can get to 3rd Avenue using East 182nd Street/Bronx Park South (which currently has no bus service)

There will be an Issue. The Q44 will then make several turns before reaching 3 Avenue. E 182 street ends at the St.Barnabas Hospital and re-starts on 3 Avenue on the other side of the Hospital. The Q44 would operate on E. 182 Street until Quarry Road, and then make a left on Quarry Road. It would contiune until E.181 street, where buses to E. Tremont Avenue/ 3 Avenue would turn right on E. 181 street, and then turn left on E. 181 street, while buses from E. Tremont Avenue would come up Quarry Road from 3 Avenue, since Quarry Road turns into a One- Way Northbound Road. Buses will then go on 3 Avenue and terminate on the Bx15/Bx55 bus stop on Third Avenue and Tremont Avenue. I would say to operate it on E.180 street. People prefer to use a bus route going direct to 3 Avenue than Making turns every couple of blocks. E. 182 street might want bus service, but also the are too many residentual areas along that street. Also E. 182 street seems a bit narrow for an HOV to use that street. Quarry Road however is big enough for an HOV. Some trucks keep themselves parked on E.181 street making a buses using that street run late. 3 Avenue doesn't seem to handle the capacity of 3 buses on weekdays especially during rush hours. It might be able to handle two weekend buses. If there was demand for a Q44 on E. 182 street, then that would work.:(

There will be an Issue. The Q44 will then make several turns before reaching 3 Avenue. E 182 street ends at the St.Barnabas Hospital and re-starts on 3 Avenue on the other side of the Hospital. The Q44 would operate on E. 182 Street until Quarry Road, and then make a left on Quarry Road. It would contiune until E.181 street, where buses to E. Tremont Avenue/ 3 Avenue would turn right on E. 181 street, and then turn left on E. 181 street, while buses from E. Tremont Avenue would come up Quarry Road from 3 Avenue, since Quarry Road turns into a One- Way Northbound Road. Buses will then go on 3 Avenue and terminate on the Bx15/Bx55 bus stop on Third Avenue and Tremont Avenue. I would say to operate it on E.180 street. People prefer to use a bus route going direct to 3 Avenue than Making turns every couple of blocks. E. 182 street might want bus service, but also the are too many residentual areas along that street. Also E. 182 street seems a bit narrow for an HOV to use that street. Quarry Road however is big enough for an HOV. Some trucks keep themselves parked on E.181 street making a buses using that street run late. 3 Avenue doesn't seem to handle the capacity of 3 buses on weekdays especially during rush hours. It might be able to handle two weekend buses. If there was demand for a Q44 on E. 182 street, then that would work.:(

Leave the (Q44) alone as it already a very long route. If anything have a proposed "Q94" which was on verge of being created before the June 2010 doomsday cuts put that baby away serve the St.Barnabas Hospital area.

I would do something else to implement services

Q59:Extend to Forest Hills 71 Avenue Subway Station or 75 Avenue Station. Many Q60 riders transfer to the Q59 at 63 Drive, Woodhaven Boulevard, or 56 Avenue that come from places like Elechester, Forest Hills, and Jamaica. Extended it to Jamaica would be too long, but at least extend it to 71 or Ascan Avenues.

I have a better idea LETS LEAVE Q59 ALONE. If you really want 71st USE THE SUBWAY done. Don't add on a duplicate segment to a route ppl aren't trying to go from Q59 to forest hills on 2 buses or a long unreliable rte this isn't jersey. Q60 doesn't need other buses on it's path let em just transfer to Q60.

Leave the (Q44) alone as it already a very long route. If anything have a proposed "Q94" which was on verge of being created before the June 2010 doomsday cuts put that baby away serve the St.Barnabas Hospital area.

are you reading my mind again???

Yes let Q94 do that but then put an HOV on I-678 north of jamacia to northern blvd let that or some new line use that HOV express to LIRR airtrain. connecting ppl to LI quickly this will allow an LGA rte to get to jamacia LIRR quickly.

question what was the MTA gonna do with Q94 anyway???

are you reading my mind again???

Yes let Q94 do that but then put an HOV on I-678 north of jamacia to northern blvd let that or some new line use that HOV express to LIRR airtrain. connecting ppl to LI quickly this will allow an LGA rte to get to jamacia LIRR quickly.

question what was the MTA gonna do with Q94 anyway???

No HOV lanes on the Van Wyck please

I'm surprised nobody said this yet but wouldn't axing the M103 and extending the M102 have little to no effect besides maybe a couple extra minutes of waiting? It's pretty much a duplicate of the M101 and M102 already, and nobody takes the bus on Lexington or 3rd Avenues for speed, so a couple extra minutes wouldn't make much of a difference.

What about also having weekend M2 or M3 terminate with the M1 at 106th?

No HOV lanes on the Van Wyck please
quitting and giving up on a congested highway is no way to solve the problem last I checked. Giving up on a highway and accepting the problem doing nothing accomplishes nothing get it OK. PPL HATE the vanwyck if they can get a faster alternative to driving on the parking lot that is I-678 THEY WILL USE IT!!!!!!!! HOV is only a start I was on the jitney bus on HOV and HOV was effective if HOV was extended then the bus would become faster than driving on LI parkinglot. If ppl see the bus as a faster way to escape the I-678 parking lot THEY WILL USE IT. All that is needed is a park and ride so ppl can park their car and avoid the van wyck altogether. If you are not part of the solution don't even bother wasting energy cause doing nothing solves nothing

I'm surprised nobody said this yet but wouldn't axing the M103 and extending the M102 have little to no effect besides maybe a couple extra minutes of waiting? It's pretty much a duplicate of the M101 and M102 already, and nobody takes the bus on Lexington or 3rd Avenues for speed, so a couple extra minutes wouldn't make much of a difference.

What about also having weekend M2 or M3 terminate with the M1 at 106th?

It will destroy reliability on the rte to the point where ppl who are able to use subway will STOP using the bus altogether and just walk. But at least ppl will get a good workout

quitting and giving up on a congested highway is no way to solve the problem last I checked. Giving up on a highway and accepting the problem doing nothing accomplishes nothing get it OK. PPL HATE the vanwyck if they can get a faster alternative to driving on the parking lot that is I-678 THEY WILL USE IT!!!!!!!! HOV is only a start I was on the jitney bus on HOV and HOV was effective if HOV was extended then the bus would become faster than driving on LI parkinglot. If ppl see the bus as a faster way to escape the I-678 parking lot THEY WILL USE IT. All that is needed is a park and ride so ppl can park their car and avoid the van wyck altogether. If you are not part of the solution don't even bother wasting energy cause doing nothing solves nothing

Your solutions suck

How about you shut the f*ck up? All you do is come up with ridiculous ass plans that will never work.

err I don't have energy to waste on you bye!!!!!! The corridors need some form of express service that can bypass the gridlock ok now take your rude ass and think where are those ppl going get it take time to examine traffic instead of bashing me cause that is all you do low level

err I don't have energy to waste on you bye!!!!!! The corridors need some form of express service that can bypass the gridlock ok now take your rude ass and think where are those ppl going get it take time to examine traffic instead of bashing me cause that is all you do low level

That's one of the few smartest things you've said

Archived