• Alstom R160A
    • Kawasaki R160B
    • St. Louis Car R38
    • Pullman Standard R46
    • St. Louis Car R44

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
R32, it's loud, old school, and really sounds nice. I love how it has this turbo-like sound when picking up speed and decelerating. The crap brakes add to it's awesomeness.

Thats the jist of it... The R32's have the history, they've seen everything from being green, blue doors, grafiti covered, to today's clean streamlined legends.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Top 2: R68/R68A & The R40 Slant

Sorry man, you can't go both ways :D

The R160B are pretty good (except for some of cars that go BIE, especially 8962-8958).

yea...i agree the 160s are pretty good...

the 32s are pretty good too, robust, good rfw... but the screeching is horrible

the slants are awesum too, a bit rocky tho

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite subway cars are the R32s (they made be old, but they are sleek, shiny, and fast; Budd really knows to make full use of stainless steel, unlike St. Louis, which is why the R32s are superior to the R38s-R44s in every way), I also like the R62/62A and R68/68A because of their symmetrical appearance, though the one thing I hate about the 68s is that they are the slowest cars in the system, making the B horrible now. and who does not like the new R160s. they are the best! R40Ms are also alright, at least they are an improvement over those messed up R40 slants and R42s.

R42s come after R40Ms. I think of an R42 as a modified R40M. They are very similar, often they'll run together on one train set.

R40Ms are less rusted than R42s and have a better looking interior. Out of all the cars that are being retired by the R160s, here is my best to worst: 1) R32, 2) R40M, 3) R40, 4) R38, 5) R42

R40Ms are less rusted than R42s and have a better looking interior. Out of all the cars that are being retired by the R160s, here is my best to worst: 1) R32, 2) R40M, 3) R40, 4) R38, 5) R42

Blame it on the rebuilds. The 42 and 40Ms had almost identical interiors when new, difference was the blind end door had a narrow long window on the 40Ms and the 42s had updated signage. 40s were rebuilt by Sumitomo, 42s by MK/NYCTA. It's the roofs that look bad on the R42s. R40Ms have somewhat better MDBFs.

Archived