Long Island Bus Riders Fed Up- From PIX11 News at 5pm

FamousNYLover

Finally, PinePower might be happy to hear this video.

LI Bus Riders Fed Up With MTA Bus Service - WPIX

Well, Mangano does have a point in that Veolia would get paid by the number of service-hours they put out, so that's an incentive not to miss runs and could also be an incentive to pad the schedule, which is good for the riders.

Unfortunately, I don't see how he's going to pull it off on the few million he's pitching in.

where is your proof of that?

Joe

I'm not going to be nice about him or the situation, considering he was the one that didn't want to pay. What good will Veolia do other than repainting the Orions and not promising anything but fare hikes and cuts if they can even last a year?

Well, Mangano does have a point in that Veolia would get paid by the number of service-hours they put out, so that's an incentive not to miss runs and could also be an incentive to pad the schedule, which is good for the riders.

Unfortunately, I don't see how he's going to pull it off on the few million he's pitching in.

If the weak lines are reconfigured to be more productive then ridership will rise enough to make most of the lines pay for themselves.

I'm not going to be nice about him or the situation, considering he was the one that didn't want to pay. What good will Veolia do other than repainting the Orions and not promising anything but fare hikes and cuts if they can even last a year?

its not about being nice, its about not spewing out total nonsense. Wheres your source that anyone in Nassau County wants bus riders to be killed? No backpedaling into some tired rant about Veolia

Mangano literally doesn't care. He claims he's "saving" people at the cost of half decent service (and connections to NYC services) by throwing chump change at some multinational corporation. I know Veolia runs other systems but they pay for their stuff. Why shouldn't Mangano, when he's proven time after time that he can't handle money?

And this PIX11 thing is so horribly wrong, not even mentioning what's going on. The waits have been normal for years now.

Nassau Doesnt have the money. Mangano has to answer to all the county residents, not just the 100,000 riders a day. I agree that the Privitization is not the way to go, but unless Nassau can do something with the ridiculous tax system we have there isnt much Mangano can do.

I live in North Bellmore and pay 11K a year, for what? so that the county can have 56 different school districts for 209,000 students where some of the school superintendents get paid more than the NYC School Chancelor gets paid. I gotta pay the salaries and outrageous pensions to the county employees because of the sweetheart contracts that our leaders negotiated through the years, should I go on?

Before you throw out unfounded comments, take the time to learn what really goes on.

Joe

They'll all come crawling back to the (MTA) when Veolia ruins every last route.

Id rather blame Mango, especially since hes cutting the funds even further for the Transit system when Veolia takes over. It was $9 million for funding with them, now to $2 million as I read some where.

Id rather see what Veolia does before judging to fast.

F*(ck mangano, he does not know what he's doing, Bottom line, I don't look forward to this crap they are pulling, they just need to sell the operations already to the (MTA), these passengers need to kiss the (MTA)'s ass because (MTA) has given them Buses from CP and SC to full in service they should be greatful, the big issue here is the Drivers they have less drivers right now and plus they still need more buses I saw an RTS training in front of MF yesterday so you never know what can happen

Nassau Doesnt have the money. Mangano has to answer to all the county residents, not just the 100,000 riders a day. I agree that the Privitization is not the way to go, but unless Nassau can do something with the ridiculous tax system we have there isnt much Mangano can do.

I live in North Bellmore and pay 11K a year, for what? so that the county can have 56 different school districts for 209,000 students where some of the school superintendents get paid more than the NYC School Chancelor gets paid. I gotta pay the salaries and outrageous pensions to the county employees because of the sweetheart contracts that our leaders negotiated through the years, should I go on?

Before you throw out unfounded comments, take the time to learn what really goes on.

Joe

True Nassau is run by monkeys literally these people suck ballz with money they are complete idiots if they weren't wasting tax payers money on BS school districts and wasteful contracts maybe nassau wouldn't have problems paying MTA for their bus service heck they would be able to improve service with the money saved from those cuts. The taxes need to be dropped by 10% then cut the fat. Seriously nassau can pay for their bus service BUT their priorities lie elsewhere. Their priorities are funding their wasteful school system and outragous pensions to overpaid county employees. Not funding their bus system or even caring about their people.

Joe

I've been saying this time and again and Joel refuses to look at the high taxes. Where does he think this money is going to come from?? If the county can't afford it then they can't take money from the sky and that's what this boils down to... MONEY. When he starts working and paying taxes like the rest of us he'll understand better.

I've been saying this time and again and Joel refuses to look at the high taxes. Where does he think this money is going to come from?? If the county can't afford it then they can't take money from the sky and that's what this boils down to... MONEY. When he starts working a paying taxes like the rest of us he'll understand better.

Exactly, Mangano can print money, he cant spend anymore without NIFA approval, he cant print money, To you guys who are ripping him, explain to me how he can get the money to pay the MTA. Im all ears

Joe

I've been saying this time and again and Joel refuses to look at the high taxes. Where does he think this money is going to come from?? If the county can't afford it then they can't take money from the sky and that's what this boils down to... MONEY. When he starts working and paying taxes like the rest of us he'll understand better.

Excuse me, Signore Express Bus for voicing my opinions on my way of getting home. I see you're making great strides in the not being a NIMBY field while you complain about LI "stealing" money from the rest of the system and defend your slow express buses. How do you think I feel when someone brings this up? How do you feel when someone threatens your service? Exactly.

Excuse me, Signore Express Bus for voicing my opinions on my way of getting home. I see you're making great strides in the not being a NIMBY field while you complain about LI "stealing" money from the rest of the system and defend your slow express buses. How do you think I feel when someone brings this up? How do you feel when someone threatens your service? Exactly.

actually only queens express buses and a few BXM lines are slow. The rest of the express buses are fast as they are the fastest way to get out of SI. Joel Ok you feel threatened but untill you see what veolia's service changes are you can't be sure your service will degrade further. LI's bus service is too infrequent at rush hour to attract full potential. Have you noticed that all the HIGH ridership lines have good rush hour service. A trait that the low use ones do not share with N14 being an exception to the rule and maybe N57 to a smaller degree. But the N46/45/80/81/50 have one thing in common they suck at rush hour service and run on congested corridors their service levels are a deterrent!!!!!!! Rather than the other way around. Look at LIB as a whole then you will know why only 100,000 people use it.

That's Signor Express Bus... It's only Signore if nothing comes after it. :P Anywho, nice way of avoiding my question. The county is BROKE, so my question was where do they get the monies from to pay for all of these services? There is nothing wrong with defending your service, but you have yet to answer to that question and that's the main issue here. It's one thing to say let's cut "X" service just because it's pricey and another to cut "X" service because of budget issues. I don't see all express bus service being cut simply because there is demand and we're here in NYC, but in your case 100,000 riders overall is not much, esp. when you consider that some LI Bus routes carry "air" as quagmire would say. LOL Aside from that you're in an area where folks don't seem to give a damn about public transportation and when you face a situation like that, there isn't much you can do. Like I said, there is no way that I would move to Long Island knowing how folks turn those noses up at anything that isn't the LIRR. If you're living out there and can drive, well then you'd better have a car. Otherwise, move to the city.

I complain about Staten Island because even though we're in the "suburbs" we're still part of NYC, which overall is very transit dependent with more than half of NYC residents needing public transportation, so we have to have money for transportation on some level. I realize that Nassau isn't that far out, but it's still Long Island buddy. And for the records it's not that express buses are slow, it's that there's too much friggin' congestion at times, but that's another subject for another time.

That's Signor Express Bus... It's only Signore if nothing comes after it. :P Anywho, nice way of avoiding my question. The county is BROKE, so my question was where do they get the monies from to pay for all of these services? There is nothing wrong with defending your service, but you have yet to answer to that question and that's the main issue here. It's one thing to say let's cut "X" service just because it's pricey and another to cut "X" service because of budget issues. I don't see all express bus service being cut simply because there is demand and we're here in NYC, but in your case 100,000 riders overall is not much, esp. when you consider that some LI Bus routes carry "air" as quagmire would say. LOL Aside from that you're in an area where folks don't seem to give a damn about public transportation and when you face a situation like that, there isn't much you can do. Like I said, there is no way that I would move to Long Island knowing how folks turn those noses up at anything that isn't the LIRR. If you're living out there and can drive, well then you'd better have a car. Otherwise, move to the city.

I complain about Staten Island because even though we're in the "suburbs" we're still part of NYC, which overall is very transit dependent with more than half of NYC residents needing public transportation, so we have to have money for transportation on some level. I realize that Nassau isn't that far out, but it's still Long Island buddy. And for the records it's not that express buses are slow, it's that there's too much friggin' congestion at times, but that's another subject for another time.

To tell the truth the county is broke due to bad money management.

As for qjgibberish his thoughts are devoid of anything, and "quagmire" is an understatement. A certain show also ruined the word for me but that's something else for another time.

If I had a car I'd have gotten a job by now. I can barely rely on the system to get home, forget trying to keep a work schedule...

Archived