NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

Note that the n23 Saturday shortruns that used to leave from Roslyn to HTC at 3:43pm and 5:03pm have been moved up to 1:43pm and 3:03pm, even though s/b ridership is heavier later. With spring coming that's definately not good. Pretty much saying if you dont wanna be squashed like a sardine take the LIRR. 

MTA is not happy about having to actually add oyster bay trains.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that N31/N32 midday service is now every 40 minutes north of Lynbrook..... and it's the only route from that part of the county that runs to Hempstead! *facepalm*

It's been like that already. The busiest part of the route is between Far Rockaway and Lynbrook. That segment is on 20 min headways. 

At this point, its Bascially an n6 Limited.

Yep. Just add back a city line stop (225 St?) ...I don't think the bus should be making local stops in Queens. Its an express bus meant to get people from the subway to Nassau faster during rush hour, the local is always there.

Yep. Just add back a city line stop (225 St?) ...I don't think the bus should be making local stops in Queens. Its an express bus meant to get people from the subway to Nassau faster during rush hour, the local is always there.

The defunct limited stop was Locustwood Blvd which was useful for western Elmont Resident to get to the Subway Quicker as well as to other transfer points and Hempstead.

As for Queens, many people use the Springfield Blvd stop and Francis Lewis & Hillside Stop. There are times where Springfield Blvd becomes flag central as you have 10 people or so waiting for the N6 and they're too packed to let anyone else on.

Even though a lot of riders are going to/from the Subway, there are a lot of riders and reverse commuters going between eastern Queens, points along the N6, and Hempstead. The N6 has a lot of overlapping trips which it seems NICE didn't notice.

The defunct limited stop was Locustwood Blvd which was useful for western Elmont Resident to get to the Subway Quicker as well as to other transfer points and Hempstead.

As for Queens, many people use the Springfield Blvd stop and Francis Lewis & Hillside Stop. There are times where Springfield Blvd becomes flag central as you have 10 people or so waiting for the N6 and they're too packed to let anyone else on.

Even though a lot of riders are going to/from the Subway, there are a lot of riders and reverse commuters going between eastern Queens, points along the N6, and Hempstead. The N6 has a lot of overlapping trips which it seems NICE didn't notice.

Sometimes their analysis is flawed kinda easy to overlook though on a line like N6 you can get blinded by the crowds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://nicebus.com/Passenger_Information/Public_Info_Sessions_for_Service_Additions/index.html

Additional service starts 9/1

Meetings next week at NICE, Hicksville, and NCC

-N21 midday restoration

-Extra rush hour service: N22, N24, N43

-Extra midday N54/55 service

-Extra Saturday N71 service (extend to 110?)

-Extra N6 local service all days

-N45 and N51 serve all NCC stops

N4:

-Extra weekend service

-New express service: Freeport, Grand Av, Park Av, 5 Corners, Rockaway Pkwy, City Line, Jamaica only

N6x:

-Extend to NCC

-Drop Westminster Rd

-Add Springfield Blvd

They will probably eliminate it.

Some of the n16x trips occur outside the n6x's span, so they won't do a complete elimination if they go that way.

The n6x extension also adds a stop at Hofstra and therefore might take longer. I think the trips will stay.

Well I was hoping to see a weekend n27 service restoration to RF, but I guess it just aint gonna happen. Probably not many complaints. I'd rather have seen that then a midday n21 restoration. But I guess the n21 riders have been more vocal. All the other changes look good. Alot of ppl travel between NCC and Queens the n6x extention will do well.

The n45/51 will follow the n16 route through Endo/Lifetime Brands Boulevard and Nassau CC, then?

And the n4 Limited being non-stop from Freeport all the way to Baldwin is something else, that's at least a 10-15 minute savings alone.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Some of the n16x trips occur outside the n6x's span, so they won't do a complete elimination if they go that way.

The n6x extension also adds a stop at Hofstra and therefore might take longer. I think the trips will stay.

Sure, but the buses also come close to the NICE garage, which probably decreases deadhead costs while improving ridership. This to me is long overdue. I'm surprised that it took this long to think of an N4X.