2012 Orion VII EPA10 CNG Discussion - Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since NICE now has some of the 3G CNG buses, do they have to do driver training on them or are they just going to hit service soon ?

I think some training has to be done, but people are saying its pretty much the same bus as the 1800s and that pretty much no training will be needed. Neither one has been confirmed, but as of November 6th, NICE confirmed that the 3Gs were still awaiting standard safety inspection.

Well I got some new information from a retired LIB operator who said the new buses are sitting in the yard and havent gone into service yet over a funding dispute. Mangano wants Veolia to share in the cost but they don't want to. :lol:

So the old Orion V CNGs arent going anywhere yet.

Well I got some new information from a retired LIB operator who said the new buses are sitting in the yard and havent gone into service yet over a funding dispute. Mangano wants Veolia to share in the cost but they don't want to. :lol:

Veolia is the contractor hired by Nassau County for the OPERATION of the system, and a for-profit corporation at that! They don't pay for the buses, they provide operational services under contract to the county. If he wants the operator of the system to contribute to/purchase the buses then he should have kept the MTA.

EPIC FACEPALM, yeah veolia is gonna walk out, why does that idiot wants veoila to pay for half of those buses and in the contract they only control the Operations of the buses, hummm Mangano is really playing with fire, plus those buses have to be inspected

EPIC FACEPALM, yeah veolia is gonna walk out, why does that idiot wants veoila to pay for half of those buses and in the contract they only control the Operations of the buses, hummm Mangano is really playing with fire, plus those buses have to be inspected

Where did you get the figure of 50%? The government funded 80% of the price, so why would they want 50%? Nassau would get free buses and profit 30% of the price. If any politician could pull that off I'd give them credit!

This is why you can't believe anything you hear. It's funny you put anything you hear from drivers up on a pedistool like it's the end all information but your post is proof positive how accurate this information is. It's one big rumor mill when it comes to a lot of the drivers, it's like playing that game telephone.

You need to process what you hear, it was cold as hell this weekend but if a driver told you summer was coming you'd run home post that on the board. Hell, it must be true if a driver told you.

Where did you get the figure of 50%? The government funded 80% of the price, so why would they want 50%? Nassau would get free buses and profit 30% of the price. If any politician could pull that off I'd give them credit!

This is why you can't believe anything you hear. It's funny you put anything you hear from drivers up on a pedistool like it's the end all information but your post is proof positive how accurate this information is. It's one big rumor mill when it comes to a lot of the drivers, it's like playing that game telephone.

You need to process what you hear, it was cold as hell this weekend but if a driver told you summer was coming you'd run home post that on the board. Hell, it must be true if a driver told you.

TBH i know very few drivers who work over there and what they told me isn't good news, NICE bus is a Fail, Buses come more LATE than before, more brakedowns and etc., the bus system sucks, period, i wouldn't even fight for the company, Mangano wants to destroy that company, Veoila is trying real hard to hang on, but one day when they walk out then what, the system sucks, and ive seen more Buses including their NEWEST FLEET (1700's and 1800's) stalling on Hillside ave daily, even their tow trucks are dropping like flies, thats not good at all

TBH i know very few drivers who work over there and what they told me isn't good news, NICE bus is a Fail, Buses come more LATE than before, more brakedowns and etc., the bus system sucks, period, i wouldn't even fight for the company, Mangano wants to destroy that company, Veoila is trying real hard to hang on, but one day when they walk out then what, the system sucks, and ive seen more Buses including their NEWEST FLEET (1700's and 1800's) stalling on Hillside ave daily, even their tow trucks are dropping like flies, thats not good at all

Just out of curiosity, what would cause the NGs or any bus really to stall? Because I saw 1772 being towed the other day and that may have been the reason.

Couldn't you have posted that in, I don't know, any of forum in here where you people post the same crap? Brett, can you move this so we can have one thread stay on the original topic and move it to any of the umpteen "veolia is crap and will die thread." ???

NICE bus is a Fail, Buses come more LATE than before, more brakedowns and etc.

I would love to read to the studies you people have read on this.

Mangano wants to destroy that company,

So last year he was buddy buddy with Veolia and accused of doing Veolia a favor, now he wants to destroy them?

and ive seen more Buses including their NEWEST FLEET (1700's and 1800's) stalling on Hillside ave daily, even their tow trucks are dropping like flies, thats not good at all

This is beating a dead horse again. These buses were maintained by MTA for more time than Veolia, you cannot say it is because of Veolia or the MTA. The truw test will see how the 1840+ buses last. ;)

Veoila is trying real hard to hang on, but one day when they walk out then what, the system sucks,

Who do you assume will walk out? The drivers or Veolia? Either way you are wrong, Veoia will not breech a contract, they have no reason to do so. The drivers (especially the senior drivers) aren't going anywhere, they aren't going to find a CDL B job paying anything close to what they are making now (unless they can get in driving for the city but I'm pretty sure they'd have to start at the bottom).

While everyone is painting Veolia to be such a bad company, answer a question for me. How many of their top drivers did they take care of and transfer their job, seniority, and pay into another MTA system?

Just out of curiosity, what would cause the NGs or any bus really to stall? Because I saw 1772 being towed the other day and that may have been the reason.

Continuous operation (such as non stop 15 hour service) can heat up the engine and in turn activate a saftey sensor to shut off the bus. It also prevents the bus from starting on some occasions, as the sensor is connected to the starter. The sensor can also be activated due to lack of mantinence. Extreme temprature (heat or cold) can also manipulate the fuel tanks causing the sensor to shut off the bus.

Continuous operation (such as non stop 15 hour service) can heat up the engine and in turn activate a saftey sensor to shut off the bus. It also prevents the bus from starting on some occasions, as the sensor is connected to the starter. The sensor can also be activated due to lack of mantinence. Extreme temprature (heat or cold) can also manipulate the fuel tanks causing the sensor to shut off the bus.

And that wouldn't suprise me as Veolia is being very hard on the buses trying to cut costs as much as possible.

Couldn't you have posted that in, I don't know, any of forum in here where you people post the same crap? Brett, can you move this so we can have one thread stay on the original topic and move it to any of the umpteen "veolia is crap and will die thread." ???

I would love to read to the studies you people have read on this.

So last year he was buddy buddy with Veolia and accused of doing Veolia a favor, now he wants to destroy them?

This is beating a dead horse again. These buses were maintained by MTA for more time than Veolia, you cannot say it is because of Veolia or the MTA. The truw test will see how the 1840+ buses last. ;)

Who do you assume will walk out? The drivers or Veolia? Either way you are wrong, Veoia will not breech a contract, they have no reason to do so. The drivers (especially the senior drivers) aren't going anywhere, they aren't going to find a CDL B job paying anything close to what they are making now (unless they can get in driving for the city but I'm pretty sure they'd have to start at the bottom).

While everyone is painting Veolia to be such a bad company, answer a question for me. How many of their top drivers did they take care of and transfer their job, seniority, and pay into another MTA system?

The problem isn't whether Veolia is a bad company or not, they have a different way of doing things that DOES NOT WORK here. Rewind back to the April 8 service changes, when they messed up the n27, because their computer said they could change the route into 2 sections and that buses can connect witheacher. But they fail to realize this is NEW YORK and not some town in the midwest, where there's heavy traffic and delays, so connections dont always meet up. Then there's how they're able to run "much more service" than the MTA would've

under the same budget. They're able to do that because they dont put any money into maintanance and labor. So effectively much of the service they run is unreliable due to breakdowns and inexperienced drivers. And they certainly wont share the cost of a bus purchase like the MTA, so those new Orion 3Gs are going to be sitting there for who knows how long. As for those that keep crying "we're broke" well this is still one of the richest populated counties in the world, I'm sure a small tax on those Range Rovers I see everywhere could fund buses and those ppl wouldn't even notice it.

If I had a cent for every time I saw this guy post "tax increase" or "Range Rover" or anything about how he had nothing to do all his life but ride buses and then complain about how his itinerary went bad...

Any other ideas to help close the budget gap? You dont seem to be a fan of Veolia either, so what suggestions do you have to improve and fund bus service?

If that was the case, technically, after an hour as you let the engine cool down, it should start up, shouldn't it? Somehow, I think the stalling has to do with something other than "overheating."

And that wouldn't suprise me as Veolia is being very hard on the buses trying to cut costs as much as possible.

That statement is an oxymoron, more use would result in more maintenance and wear and tear costs. How wold they be cutting costs by running the one bus hard instead of pulling out a fres bus???

Unless this is being done on the V's, if so, smart move! Squeeze every drop of shampoo out

of the bottle before you throw it out. Smart, run the V's until they drop, then retire them.

The problem isn't whether Veolia is a bad company or not, they have a different way of doing things that DOES NOT WORK here. Rewind back to the April 8 service changes, when they messed up the n27, because their computer said they could change the route into 2 sections and that buses can connect witheacher. But they fail to realize this is NEW YORK and not some town in the midwest, where there's heavy traffic and delays, so connections dont always meet up.

Yea, they don't know how to operate in NY where there's traffic, they're used to operating in small towns where's there no traffic like Atlanta, LA, Maryland MTA, Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Diego, Sacramento, , etc etc... No traffic in these towns. :rolleyes: You need to get out of Nassau County every now & then.. LMAO

Archived