2012 Orion VII EPA10 CNG Discussion - Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe those are Hanovers.

@Chris: Do these buses have the lighting system like 1760-1839?

I don't even know, but most likely they do, I didn't even ride these buses yet, i just saw 2 of em, one last night and one over an hour ago

because its a different type of dest. sign, BTW 1841 is on the n24, it should be back on its way to jamaica from roosevelt feid, i got shots of it in jamaica earlier

1841 was on the N23 this morning. 1842's sign doesn't even work it was on the N43 early this afternoon. Paper signs where in the windows.

I believe those are Hanovers.

Unbelievable, the titans were perfect for Long Island Bus/Nassau Inter-County Express, especially with some of the new programs that were being made. JAMAICA and FLUSHING in bold across the whole screen looked great. Its gonna take a while for me to get used to those Hanovers.

1841 was on the N23 this morning. 1842's sign doesn't even work it was on the N43 early this afternoon. Paper signs where in the windows.

I saw a 3G tonight on the n20, you could tell by the ugly dest. sign. The bus was heading to Hicksville and was in Manhasset, empty, no passengers. That's another thing, ridership on the n20 has definitely dropped. Not necessarily on weekends, but on weekdays, you can tell.

Odd that the new signs aren't working, I wonder why...?

Ha! What a question...

Why would they get Hanovers...

Because they make mistakes.

Ha! What a question...

Why?

Unbelievable, the titans were perfect for Long Island Bus/Nassau Inter-County Express, especially with some of the new programs that were being made. JAMAICA and FLUSHING in bold across the whole screen looked great.

Agreed. I personally feel only the destination (as large as possible) is needed. We don't need any "via (route)" on the sign. People need to see where the bus is headed to see of it the bus going in their direction. All this other crap takes longer for the rider to process where the bus is going and is a waste because it's not like there are multiple routes per line. It's not like anyone needs to see, "ah, this the n4 via Merrick Rd not via Sunrise Highway." This is not the 1950's, technology is abundant people don't need the bus to tell them what route it takes "oh great, the n4 uses Merrick Rd. I can use it to get to my doctor's office on Merrick Rd." People already have their route down before they leave their place to get on the bus or are looking on their smart phone.

Why would they get Hanovers...

I wonder if had any reason to do with the fact that Orion was shutting down? Maybe orders that used up parts on hand got a discount or something?

Weird thing is every N20 headed to Hicksville I see gets crowded. People here are starting to take the LIRR just a few stations away because of the speed. Even if they have to stand for five minutes, they get on - it's better than 20 minutes sitting down.

What puts me off about these things is the rear grille. Couldn't they have put the destination sign somewhere else?

I personally feel only the destination (as large as possible) is needed. We don't need any "via (route)" on the sign. People need to see where the bus is headed to see of it the bus going in their direction. All this other crap takes longer for the rider to process where the bus is going and is a waste because it's not like there are multiple routes per line.

I disagree here. The current level of detail is sufficient, although the alternating frames should be revised to put the destination on all signs except LTD/EXP. And some of the names can be shortened Examples:

n20 Flushing/Main St Sta

n20 via Northern Blvd

n20 Limited

becomes

n20 Flushing/Main St

n20 Flushing/via Northern Blvd

n20 Limited

n79 S Huntington/Whitman Mall

n79 via Old Country Road

becomes

n79 Walt Whitman Mall/via Old Country Rd (one frame, two lines)

I disagree here. The current level of detail is sufficient, although the alternating frames should be revised to put the destination on all signs except LTD/EXP. And some of the names can be shortened Examples:

n20 Flushing/Main St Sta

n20 via Northern Blvd

n20 Limited

becomes

n20 Flushing/Main St

n20 Flushing/via Northern Blvd

n20 Limited

n79 S Huntington/Whitman Mall

n79 via Old Country Road

becomes

n79 Walt Whitman Mall/via Old Country Rd (one frame, two lines)

Isn't the current n79 one frame except it doesn't say via Old Country Rd?

Some people are posting that these are Next Generations, some are saying these are 2nd generations, and then some are saying these are 3rd Generations. What is really the appropriate naming for these new 2012 Orions?

Some people are posting that these are Next Generations, some are saying these are 2nd generations, and then some are saying these are 3rd Generations. What is really the appropriate naming for these new 2012 Orions?

Simply the 2012 Orion VII 3.G. (3rd Generation)

Officially it's the Orion VII EPA10.

Says who? When the new design was released, DaimlerChrysler/Orion just labeled it as the Orion VII....the EPA10 is only based on its specifications as it is supposed to be EPA10 compliant.

Anywho, here's a bit of a sneak peek at them...

Archived