2012 Orion VII EPA10 CNG Discussion - Nassau Inter-County Express (Nice)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah half of those Orion V's gotta go, the bad ones, the rest can stay since they have 2-3 years left in them they can last until 2015 since those tanks can last 15 years, what NICE should do is give those buses a Rehab, I wonder whats gonna replace the rest of the 2000-01 Orion V CNG's, the 2002 ones (1600-1632) are good for another 4 years and (1633-1699) are good for about another 5-6 years since they were built in 2003-04, these will be the last Orion V CNG's in NY in general

Oh.. and the new buses arent "wrapped" but actually painted in the NICE Livery as well as two 1700's that came back from body work...

Oh, cool so the newer buses will be painted! Also, do you know the numbers of the two 1700s that were painted?

Oh.. and the new buses arent "wrapped" but actually painted in the NICE Livery as well as two 1700's that came back from body work...

The orange area is painted (stripe below windows, area above the windows and the CNG tank), as well as the black around the windows. The rest is all decal.

Posting pics of the new ones today... So far they have 1804-1844 in... no farebox or plates yet. AVL screen is much larger and up on the headboard now and they have Hanover Sign Controls - not Luminators. Same interior as 1800's.

The orange area is painted (stripe below windows, area above the windows and the CNG tank), as well as the black around the windows. The rest is all decal.

Can't wait to see photos of these buses then!

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea if we will still get a new #1804 or if it will be a 3G or a NG?

It is supposed to be replaced by a 3G, but somebody said they spotted it in Nassau County about two weeks ago still broken and smashed.

1804 & 1808 were supposed to be part of this order... I checked the lot at Mitchel Field for them last week but they are not sitting there with the 1840's so if they are coming in I guess they will come in at the end of the order.

Which brings me to the question I was thinking of last week if NICE is getting replacement buses is any certain they would be numbered 1804 & 1808? Why would they number them 1804 & 1808? It doesn't make any sense to mingle two brand new buses into the number group of buses that are two years old...

1804 & 1808 were supposed to be part of this order... I checked the lot at Mitchel Field for them last week but they are not sitting there with the 1840's so if they are coming in I guess they will come in at the end of the order.

Which brings me to the question I was thinking of last week if NICE is getting replacement buses is any certain they would be numbered 1804 & 1808? Why would they number them 1804 & 1808? It doesn't make any sense to mingle two brand new buses into the number group of buses that are two years old...

Don't you remember that 1808 was fixed up and will be delivered soon or has already been delivered (not sure)?

Don't you remember that 1808 was fixed up and will be delivered soon or has already been delivered (not sure)?

Yea, but what's the status on that? We don't have any updates or confirmation that it is coming to Nassau County. We don't whether Nassau County or NICE has to accept a rebuilt wreck that was sitting in the elements for how long? Will there any concern from Nass County or NICE over any possible problems in the future due to the rebuild or having the unpaired bus sitting in the elements. Was a replacement There are still a lot of open questions with this, we'll see.

Hopefully, East New York can shed some light on this.

Why wouldn't they accept it? It's not unheard of for a bus to be rebuilt and returned to service after a few years.

If it's good enough for the goose why wasn't it good enough for the gander? "Slap it together and send it to Veolia," If it was repairable and MTA didn't have any concerns about this in service why wasn't it repaired after the accident? Why did it sit so long until Veolia took over to decide to repair the bus and send it Nassau/Veolia?

Maybe it's me but something seems fishy here...

Archived