Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Joel Up Front , I believe it happened recently. I saw it on Monday in the back and it doesn't look to good from the angle I saw. 1833 is still out and about with that blue decal stripe and 1636 is still running around with the John Deere engine.

Edited by Ty24

Yea $5.25 is not worth it from Lynbrook. I'd just take the n4.

Yea the n4 local is a hit or a miss. And always has been even when the (MTA) ran the show. But I just use the "Transit" app. I've tested it some Freeport bound n4s left a minute ahead schedule. It's just a matter of luck. When you don't need the bus they site up in bunches of 2 and even 3. But when you actually need it it doesn't show up. :sigh:

$5.25?  Not on NICE...  All buses are regular fare - local and express.

The last time I was on here, in November, the 4x was barely used.  I was on my bike under the West Hempstead tracks earlier and an eastbound n4x shot by SRO.  Does anyone know if the expresses are crushloaded in the mornings?  I really want to see what happens if the LIRR strikes, because I know people don't carpool much here.

n4x is heavily used now during rush hour but no standees.

Most n4x riders head between Jamaica, Queens, Valley Stream, Rockville Cetre, Lynbrook, etc. East of Lynbrook, ridership drops.

Yeah, when I used to use the N4 most ridership was between 5 Corners and Jamaica. A lot of reverse peak ridership.

Say "So Long" to the NICE Flip Dots...

Apparently with the instalation of the new Clever Device systems in the buses this year, all of the buses with Flip-Dot signs will be upgraded to LED signs.

Good move. A lot of the flipdots on the NJT MCIs started to crap out after the Clever Devices got put in.

Originally, this bus order was supposed to replace the rest of the Vs. But NICE ended up auctioning less of the Vs than the number of buses that had been purchased/delivered back in 2012. With this latest development, you can expect NICE to just be increasing their fleet and not necessarily getting rid of the buses that are barely alive.

Are they going to put the clever devices that are already on the 3Gs on the Vs??

Tip for bus fan who want to photograph NICE Bus:

Please don't take picture of 8:25 n20 Hicksville on Sunday. This nasty female driver almost refused to let me on bus because I photographed her bus before long time ago. Even thought I said I don't have camera anymore, she didn't trust me.

This nasty female driver almost refused to let me on bus because I photographed her bus before long time ago. Even thought I said I don't have camera anymore, she didn't trust me.

You should have reminded her it's Nassau County's bus not hers....

Tip for bus fan who want to photograph NICE Bus:

Please don't take picture of 8:25 n20 Hicksville on Sunday. This nasty female driver almost refused to let me on bus because I photographed her bus before long time ago. Even thought I said I don't have camera anymore, she didn't trust me.

You should have asked to see the rule where you can be denied boarding unless the driver trusts you won't take a picture.

These people are unbelievable, cops in public can be filmed (unless you're being detained) and bus drivers think they are above it..  lmao

Keep in mind most bus drivers aren't foamers so when they see people taking pictures they think it is going to be used to try to get them in trouble.

You should have reminded her it's Nassau County's bus not hers....

You should have asked to see the rule where you can be denied boarding unless the driver trusts you won't take a picture.

These people are unbelievable, cops in public can be filmed (unless you're being detained) and bus drivers think they are above it..  lmao

Keep in mind most bus drivers aren't foamers so when they see people taking pictures they think it is going to be used to try to get them in trouble.

She wouldn't tell me. She told me I have to get permit from NICE. All other NICE, Long Island Police, Fire Department, FDNY, NYPD knows I take picture of buses.