Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F1001 (I think) and F1015 have working signs.  The "nXX" is similar to the old diesel Orion V sign font while the destination and major streets are similar to the Orange Luminators.

The ex footholl buses seem to have their signs working now. Heard that the signs were working on 1012,1018, and 1021

Are the ex-Foothills assigned to a particular route? I haven't seen them on the N78/N79 or any other as of yet.

All of the Foothills are based out of Mitchel Field, which is where most of the NICE routes are dispatched from, including the N78/79. They tend to just show up on random routes.

Edited by MTA Bus

I was walking on Seagirt Blvd and I saw a N32. I was not able to see the number on the bus because I was a block away from the street and when the bus was turning, I heard the "The bus is turning..." announcement. That I never heard before on NICE or they just recently install the turning announcement.

I was walking on Seagirt Blvd and I saw a N32. I was not able to see the number on the bus because I was a block away from the street and when the bus was turning, I heard the "The bus is turning..." announcement. That I never heard before on NICE or they just recently install the turning announcement.

They've had it for quite a while now.

Those are even more annoying than the old "bus turning" announcements.

Main Line LIRR trains are filled with those pamphlets on the Ellison Avenue bridge replacement.  I took a look at the obvious (that bridge looked like it could have fallen on any given day) but I noticed something off about the bus maps:

The Hicksville one makes no mention of the N24 (which was extended to Hicksville in 2012), nor the N48/49, but mentions the N80 and N94.

The Bethpage one shows the N23 stopping at the station.  What a detour!

Main Line LIRR trains are filled with those pamphlets on the Ellison Avenue bridge replacement.  I took a look at the obvious (that bridge looked like it could have fallen on any given day) but I noticed something off about the bus maps:

The Hicksville one makes no mention of the N24 (which was extended to Hicksville in 2012), nor the N48/49, but mentions the N80 and N94.

The Bethpage one shows the N23 stopping at the station.  What a detour!

I have to send email to MTA LIRR because NICE Bus routes were posted outside Mineola Station and they sent me email back, LIRR's Alternatve Shuttle Buses will not affect NICE Bus's operation in/out from Mineola Station.

Only thing they forgot to take away n78/79 bus.

I think lots of NICE Bus riders will confuse because some ex-LIB still has MTA paint.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Main Line LIRR trains are filled with those pamphlets on the Ellison Avenue bridge replacement. I took a look at the obvious (that bridge looked like it could have fallen on any given day) but I noticed something off about the bus maps:

The Bethpage one shows the N23 stopping at the station. What a detour!

Tells you how no one gives a shit about buses in Nassau. Or it could be MTA retaliation.

I think lots of NICE Bus riders will confuse because some ex-LIB still has MTA paint.

Their service has been run down for 3 years (and counting), I think they would have noticed by now.

Those are even more annoying than the old "bus turning" announcements.

This.

Shit is mad loud, and it's more verbose than the old "Bus Turning.... Autobus (tor)neado" announcement .... They seriously need to turn down the damn volume on those things.... When I'm walking towards the RR station (if there's no trains approaching the station obviously), you can hear the buses turning into Mineola Intermodal all the way from as far as 2nd st/3rd av (which is a block away from the station, and on the opposite side of Mineola Intermodal, to boot).....

What do you all think about the Bus Tracking that's supposed be up and running next month? Do you think ridership will increase?

I don't think there will be any increase, or maybe a small one. It'll benefit the existing ridership and any occasional riders. What program are they using for the tracking device?

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I don't think there will be any increase, or maybe a small one. It'll benefit the existing ridership and any occasional riders. What program are they using for the tracking device?

They're using Clever Devices, supposedly the bus tracking is going o be integrated into the GoMobile app.

This.

Shit is mad loud, and it's more verbose than the old "Bus Turning.... Autobus (tor)neado" announcement .... 

"Bus Turning, Autobus girando"

To turn = girar