Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

The ignorance on display with that last part of your statement sums up your proposals on this forum......

The Q64 is one of the most efficient bus routes in the entire city!

The question isn't one of ridership; the Q64 definitely has the usage along the main stops of the route.....

Not Enough?

I mean, come one, anyone from that area know how the lines are long and buses are almost packed throughout the day.

As a comparison in weekday ridership stats:

The Q64 was 13 in the MTA Bus network (10,361 weekday riders) :

Beating the Q47, Q49, Q22, AND the Q69.

The latter has limited stop service on the corridor, the rest get packed throughout the day, and the Q49 is longer in distance and time than the Q64.

It's ridership levels are similar to the Q4, although slightly higher

I never rode the Q64 before...besides, my last proposal would likely relieve overcrowding on the Q64 (and Q46), if that's what you mean Edited by lara8710

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then how can you come up with that conclusion?

Some areas along 73 Av (west of 188 St) are several blocks away from the Q46 and Q64, so a Q73 would serve commuters living along this corridor without the need to walk to reach either bus. Also, since I rode the Q46 several times before, from personal experience, I found out it gets packed during rush hours Edited by lara8710

Some areas along 73 Av (west of 188 St) are several blocks away from the Q46 and Q64, so a Q73 would serve commuters living along this corridor without the need to walk to reach either bus. Also, since I rode the Q46 several times before, from personal experience, I found out it gets packed during rush hours

Yes, but we're talking about the Q64, which you yourself mentioned didn't have enough ridership for a limited (which is a lie). In addition you yourself said that you've never taken the 64, so how can you come up which such conclusion that the 64 doesn't have enough ridership for it, when you haven't ridden it in the first place?

We've also stated before that 73 Avenue doesn't need a bus.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Yes, but we're talking about the Q64, which you yourself mentioned didn't have enough ridership for a limited (which is a lie). In addition you yourself said that you've never taken the 64, so how can you come up which such conclusion that the 64 doesn't have enough ridership for it, when you haven't ridden it in the first place?

We've also stated before that 73 Avenue doesn't need a bus.

I know for a fact the Q64 gets really packed especially on school days becauce you have the college kids going to Queens College and the commuters going to either school or work. I live one block away for the Q64 and it gets packed even before Kissena Blvd. What the Q64 may benefit from one day is artics but for only the rush hours.

People like him just assume a route doesn't have ridership just because it is short.

I know for a fact the Q64 gets really packed especially on school days becauce you have the college kids going to Queens College and the commuters going to either school or work. I live one block away for the Q64 and it gets packed even before Kissena Blvd. What the Q64 may benefit from one day is artics but for only the rush hours.

People like him just assume a route doesn't have ridership just because it is short.

Probably hasn't even ridden the line either.

Some areas along 73 Av (west of 188 St) are several blocks away from the Q46 and Q64, so a Q73 would serve commuters living along this corridor without the need to walk to reach either bus. Also, since I rode the Q46 several times before, from personal experience, I found out it gets packed during rush hours

Ignoring that foolishness you'd have this "Q73" doing between the subway & Main st. for a second....

You're delusional if you think those Q64 riders would ride down to Union Tpke. subway for a bus that runs along 73rd av - Compared to the Q64 which puts many more riders on that route closer to their places of residence......

Ignoring that foolishness you'd have this "Q73" doing between the subway & Main st. for a second....

You're delusional if you think those Q64 riders would ride down to Union Tpke. subway for a bus that runs along 73rd av - Compared to the Q64 which puts many more riders on that route closer to their places of residence......

OK...so, should I instead make Forest Hills the terminal instead of Kew Gardens?

You mean the bus must be rerouted to Main St when it leaves Union Tpke?

No, the bus must be rerouted to Main St when it leaves Vleigh Place (i.e. follow the old Q74):  north on Vleigh Place, right at 73rd Terrace/75th Avenue, quick left into Main Street.  Then you can turn right on 73rd Avenue and keep going.

Of course, the folks on that part of 73rd Avenue might also go NIMBY.

OK...so, should I instead make Forest Hills the terminal instead of Kew Gardens?

I would go further and say to give up the Q73 idea in favor of extending the Q64 along 73rd Avenue east of 164th Street. (Of course, I would also expect the folks on 73rd between 164th and 188 Streets to fully oppose a bus on their street.)

Edited by Gotham Bus Co.

For what? Those riders already have the Q64! Lol.....

This isn't about having your "Q73" terminate elsewhere...

This is about the current Q64 providing adequate service for riders in that general part of Queens....

Your Q73 is not necessary....

No, the bus must be rerouted to Main St when it leaves Vleigh Place (i.e. follow the old Q74):  north on Vleigh Place, right at 73rd Terrace/75th Avenue, quick left into Main Street.  Then you can turn right on 73rd Avenue and keep going.

Of course, the folks on that part of 73rd Avenue might also go NIMBY.

I would go further and say to give up the Q73 idea in favor of extending the Q64 along 73rd Avenue east of 164th Street. (Of course, I would also expect the folks on 73rd between 164th and 188 Streets to fully oppose a bus on their street.)

I wouldn't extend the current Q64 eastward, or consider this "Q73" in question.....

Outside of NIMBY's, I simply don't think it's worth sending the Q64 east of 165th.....

No need to have the Q27 travelling on Kissena Boulevard. Too much traffic there as it is. Too tight a street on Holly Avenue. 

Now that the Q27 ends on 39th Avenue, I suggest it go straight onto Union Street and make a left on Sanford Avenue. Why not serve those streets which are wider and need more service? Once it turns onto Sanford, it could make a right on Parsons and then onto 47th Avenue to continue on its merry way. 

Simple, yet more effective.

No need to have the Q27 travelling on Kissena Boulevard. Too much traffic there as it is. Too tight a street on Holly Avenue. 

Now that the Q27 ends on 39th Avenue, I suggest it go straight onto Union Street and make a left on Sanford Avenue. Why not serve those streets which are wider and need more service? Once it turns onto Sanford, it could make a right on Parsons and then onto 47th Avenue to continue on its merry way. 

Simple, yet more effective.

Kissena Blvd is a destination in and of itself. To move it from Kissena would destroy one of the ridership generators on the route, and inconvenience many current riders of the Q27.

• 3 weeks later...

Western Queens Transportation Study has INSANE IDEA for Queens Bus Network.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/transportation/western_queens_transportation_study.pdf

It's on Page 19-20.

Only thing I don't agree with them

1. Eliminated Q102, replacing with Q19 Astoria Blvd and Q39 into Roosevelt Island. That will be too long. If Roosevelt Island Drawbridge open, I'm sure Q19 and Q39 bus riders will be impatient. It looks Q19 will go through Astoria loop, then Roosevelt Island Loop.

2. Q67 extention replacing 31st St portion of Q102, which I don't agree.

Only thing I agree is Q104 extention to 27th Av/2nd St and Q103 extention to Hunts Point Ferry Pier.

Edited by FamousNYLover

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/transportation/western_queens_transportation_study.pdf

It's on Page 19-20.

1. Eliminated Q102, replacing with Q19 Astoria Blvd and Q39 into Roosevelt Island. That will be too long. If Roosevelt Island Drawbridge open, I'm sure Q19 and Q39 bus riders will be impatient. It looks Q19 will go through Astoria loop, then Roosevelt Island Loop.

Only thing I agree is Q104 extention to 27th Av/2nd St and Q103 extention to Hunts Point Ferry Pier.

Damn! Those f***ing bureaucrats stole my idea for a Brooklyn to LGA bus route! <_<

It's on pages 14 and 15...

Edited by lara8710

It's on Page 19-20.

I am such a scumbag that I really don't care if they do all these changes. Lol at q102 not surprised 

On a side note I am starting to think you're just insane however the improvements on 21st street are a bit overkill. This study overall is simply beautiful. Yes you lose 102 but you get more frequent service in return to areas that need it with less for corridor s that don't.

Damn! Those f***ing bureaucrats stole my idea for a Brooklyn to LGA bus route! <_<

It's on pages 14 and 15...

Please stop.

Edited by qjtransitmaster