Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change Posted: 07/21/2013 6:12AM 

Due to a police investigation at Neptune Av, F.gif trains are bypassing Neptune Av in both directions.

As an alternate customers are advised to take the B4 bus.

Allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probobaly because those stations

Why is Q line Manhattan bound skipping Neck Rd and Ave U? WHY WHY WHY.

Why is it always Avenue U and Neck Rd? Absolutely disgusting.

Probobaly because less people are affected if it just skips those stops.

What the hell is a "damaged train"? I'm used to 'mechanical problems,' but the speakers at 50th on the 8th Avenue Line kept saying that a damaged train at Chambers St meant trains were running local and then via the F (which was a planned GO).

Why is Q line Manhattan bound skipping Neck Rd and Ave U? WHY WHY WHY.

Why is it always Avenue U and Neck Rd? Absolutely disgusting.

Track panel installation at Sheepshead Bay. (The next interlocking north of Sheepshead Bay is at Kings Highway.)

What the hell is a "damaged train"? I'm used to 'mechanical problems,' but the speakers at 50th on the 8th Avenue Line kept saying that a damaged train at Chambers St meant trains were running local and then via the F (which was a planned GO).

Was that announcement by the same voice that does the "L&G, the next Brooklyn bound train is 1 station away"?  For some reason, when that voice makes service change announcements, it is for a strange reason.  Side note: I find those announcements annoying,

Edited by PATCOman

Was that announcement by the same voice that does the "L&G, the next Brooklyn bound train is 1 station away"?  For some reason, when that voice makes service change announcements, it is for a strange reason.  Side note: I find those announcements annoying,

They need to get Bernie rolling for the rest of the system..

Guest Lance

They need to get Bernie rolling for the rest of the system..

I think it's the way they had Carolyn record the announcements because, between the pauses and weird vocal inflections, she sounds kind of slow. No offense. It just doesn't sound as fluid as the ones on the IRT.

Yeah, that was it. It was the weirdest thing--I thought there was a crash or something, having never heard of a "damaged train" causing delays.

Service Change  Posted: 07/23/2013  1:33PM 

Due to police investigation at 168 St, there is no a.png train service between 168 St and Inwood-207 St in both directions.

As an alternate customers are advised to use M4M100 and BX7 buses for service in the area.

Service Change  Posted: 07/23/2013 10:01AM 

Due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza, some northbound n.png and q.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av and Times Sq-42 St.

Delays  Posted: 07/23/2013 10:02AM 

Due to signal problems at Ditmas Av, northbound f.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 07/25/2013  4:47PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 86 St:

Southbound 4.png and 5.png trains run local from 125 St to 42 St.

Some southbound 2.png trains via 5.png line from 149 St to Nevins St,

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Union St, southbound r.png trains run express from Pacific St to 36 St (Bklyn),

Due to southbound (R) trains running express from Atlantic Avenue–Pacific Street to 36 Street (Brooklyn), expect delays on southbound (D), (N), and (Q) trains (if the trains are backed up at far as the bridge).

Proposed subway line I made that runs from Harlem-125 Street to JFK Airport. Operates as IND 6 Avenue local and i'm calling it the  (V) since the former  (V) operated on the IND 6 Avenue line (obviously). Also runs express on BMT Jamaica line between Marcy Avenue and Broadway Junction, only stopping at Myrtle Avenue-Broadway in between. Heres the map of this proposed line: New V Train - Google Maps

Also at Atlantic Avenue, it will use the platform of a demolished subway line right next to the  (L). I proposed this line because Manhattan lacks a direct link to JFK, especially Harlem. Even if you use the  (A) to Howard Beach, you still have transfer to the AirTrain. And same thing with  (E) or  (J) / (Z) to Sutphin Boulevard.

Proposed subway line I made that runs from Harlem-125 Street to JFK Airport. Operates as IND 6 Avenue local and i'm calling it the  (V) since the former  (V) operated on the IND 6 Avenue line (obviously). Also runs express on BMT Jamaica line between Marcy Avenue and Broadway Junction, only stopping at Myrtle Avenue-Broadway in between. Heres the map of this proposed line: New V Train - Google Maps

Also at Atlantic Avenue, it will use the platform of a demolished subway line right next to the  (L). I proposed this line because Manhattan lacks a direct link to JFK, especially Harlem. Even if you use the  (A) to Howard Beach, you still have transfer to the AirTrain. And same thing with  (E) or  (J) / (Z) to Sutphin Boulevard.

First of all this is not the proposals thread

Second, you're asking the MTA to be sued with this new (V) train (didn't even look at the map yet, JFK Airport's all I needed to know)

First of all the Sixth Avenue Line has no room. Second of all the Jamaica Line has no room. Why not just have the (A) go there? It's so freaking close..........

First of all this is not the proposals thread

Second, you're asking the MTA to be sued with this new (V) train (didn't even look at the map yet, JFK Airport's all I needed to know)

Sorry, it said unplanned service changes which was why I posted it here. Also is it because of those stupid NIMBYS which is why they would get sued because I'm guessing it's that.