Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

What the heck happened here

(B) (D) (N) (Q) (R) trains are running with delays in both directions and (W) service is suspended after we removed multiple vandalized trains from service.

Posted: Tue, Sep 12 2023 06:46 PM

That's insane that if someone(s) is able to cause that much damage that they have to suspend an entire subway line these people need to be caught. At a certain point, crippling an entire subway network isn't just vandalism anymore.  

All because a bunch of f**king retards can't stop vandalizing trains.

The city needs to stop playing games and throw the book at these niggas before they cause a f**king derailment hurting hundreds of people. 

BTW i'm hearing 22 sets of trains were vandalized.

Edited by R32 3838

(W) service is suspended. We expect this service change to continue through the morning.

What's Happening?

We're continuing to repair trains that were vandalized.

Alternatives

For service in Queens, take (N) trains. 

For service in Manhattan, take (N)(R) trains.

Posted: Wed, Sep 13 2023 06:07

Edited by Jemorie

8 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

All because a bunch of f**king retards can't stop vandalizing trains.

The city needs to stop playing games and throw the book at these niggas before they cause a f**king derailment hurting hundreds of people. 

How did these people find a good enough vantage point to vandalize all those trains without being seen? The fact that they did this and it was only publicly reported during the PM rush makes it seem that there has to be stations along the line where security is lax enough for vandalism to happen and the perpetrators to get away. I’m thinking it must be when these trains cross the Manhattan Bridge, which gives these bandits about 10-12 uninterrupted minutes of destruction time and they can blend in with commuters getting off at Canal St or Atlantic Av-Barclays Center and repeating the deed on trains going the other way. I don’t see a way for it to happen when trains are at the terminals.

and yes I think it’s just one sub cluster of a larger “mafia” of teens who literally have nothing better to do, in order to pull off a job of this magnitude. The video channel I told everyone of yesterday showed a group of at least 20 teens/young adults at the Bowery abandoned platforms vandalizing the R160s that were laid up from the (M) that for some reason now terminate at Essex St and lay up at Bowery instead of turning back towards Metropolitan Av to layup at Fresh Pond Yard

Edited by darkstar8983

12 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

There’s one of them with his own YouTube channel that even records himself (no mask or hoodie) as he and his group vandalize trains that are parked in storage spots, such as north of 96 St-2 Av, Parson Blvd on the Express track, Bowery abandoned platform, etc. You get the idea. They break into the cabs, turn the trains on, then kick in the windows and spraypaint graffiti all over. To top it all off, some of these people are minors.

Tomorrows rush hour will be interesting with all these trains sidelined for repairs

Good chance those types are in these groups and some  people in these groups know exactly who they are...

Its ok though because they can continue to let them wreck the system and have mommy and daddy pay for it with their tax dollars..

Its not like those types will amount to anything anyway maybe in the retail or food service industry..

Edited by RTOMan

10 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

You are correct...

One thing i learned about how things are these days they are reactive, maybe they are just waiting for something really bad to happen then they gonna blow the whole thing up and lock lots of em up..

They will be prime meat in the system...

Edited by RTOMan

Looks like (N) and (D) trains may be running local—at least the next few northbound trains joining 4 Avenue. A (D) got taken out of service at 36 Street.

Friendly reminder: look both ways down the tunnel when deciding whether to wait for an express after a train gets taken out of service. That (D) is somewhere north of the switch at 36 Street blocking the (N) at 59 Street.

54 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

You are correct...

One thing i learned about how things are these days they are reactive, maybe they are just waiting for something really bad to happen then they gonna blow the whole thing up and lock lots of em up..

They will be prime meat in the system...

I was still getting email alerts after the 22 count so there may have been even more than that but is seems to be mostly R46’s was the aim. 

1 hour ago, MJHmarc said:

I was still getting email alerts after the 22 count so there may have been even more than that but is seems to be mostly R46’s was the aim. 

From Media 

“Service along a New York City subway line was suspended Wednesday morning after dozens of train cars had windows smashed, the MTA said, disrupting thousands ahead of their morning commutes to work.

The W train had no service for hours as the MTA said it was repairing trains that had been vandalized. Train along the B and D lines were impacted as well.

A total of 78 windows were smashed on dozens of train cars in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, the transit agency said.

It was not clear what vandalism had occurred, as no other details were immediately made available by the transit agency.

It was not known when service was expected to return to the line that runs from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard in Queens down to Whitehall Street-South Ferry in lower Manhattan. It was also not clear where the vandalism had occurred or the extent of it.

An investigation is ongoing“ 

23 minutes ago, MJHmarc said:

From Media 

“Service along a New York City subway line was suspended Wednesday morning after dozens of train cars had windows smashed, the MTA said, disrupting thousands ahead of their morning commutes to work.

The W train had no service for hours as the MTA said it was repairing trains that had been vandalized. Train along the B and D lines were impacted as well.

A total of 78 windows were smashed on dozens of train cars in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, the transit agency said.

It was not clear what vandalism had occurred, as no other details were immediately made available by the transit agency.

It was not known when service was expected to return to the line that runs from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard in Queens down to Whitehall Street-South Ferry in lower Manhattan. It was also not clear where the vandalism had occurred or the extent of it.

An investigation is ongoing“ 

“78 windows in 36 subway trains were broken yesterday in a smashing spree, causing service disruptions on the B, D, N, Q, R, and W lines because the Metropolitan Transportation Authority didn’t have enough trains to run regular morning rush hour service, New York City Transit president Richard Davey said during a press conference.

“Pissed off? Can I say pissed off? I mean seriously,” Davey said. “I have train crews sitting in that break room right now who don’t have W trains to run and they want to be out there.”

I’m not a fan of the Jamaica and Coney Island car swap myself, but even then, I don’t condone whoever is responsible for these endless amounts of shenanigans. Trains have to make service so that passenger loads are within.

Totally unacceptable and I hope the idiots are caught.

Edited by Jemorie

5 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Well since this made the News now lets see how "reactive" they are and start locking some of these "Kids" Up..

BTW If any of them are members of this site i suggest yall leave now..

Oh wait it too late they prob already know who you are...

Dont drop the Soap...

They would actually look at this site?

There is limited (W) train service between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and Whitehall St-South Ferry.

What's Happening?

We're continuing to repair trains that were vandalized.

Alternatives

For service in Queens, take (7)(N) or Q102 buses.

For service in Manhattan, take (N)(Q)(R) trains.

Posted: 09/13/2023 05:24 PM

7 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Well since this made the News now lets see how "reactive" they are and start locking some of these "Kids" Up..

BTW If any of them are members of this site i suggest yall leave now..

Oh wait it too late they prob already know who you are...

Dont drop the Soap...

This is why we need more policing, contrary to popular belief these days, to prevent these things from happening.

This morning, no (A)(C) between Manhattan and Brooklyn due to switch problem at Lafayette Av.

(C) service suspended

(A) train service split, with trains in Manhattan section terminating at World Trade Center, Chambers St, or 2 Av. And trains from Queens terminating at Euclid Av or Broadway Junction. 

hopefully workers can at least get the switch to be locked into one configuration for the AM rush, then do the repairs during the midday or overnight. Depending on which switch is the one acting up, lock the switch into an express-only or local-only configuration and have the (A)(C) share tracks in Brooklyn 

UPDATED as I typed this:

Manhattan bound (A) trains local in Brooklyn and both (A)(C) service resumed with extensive delays

Edited by darkstar8983