Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

53rd tunnel is down

(E) (F) trains are not running between Manhattan and Queens while we investigate a loss of power in the 53 St tunnel.

Please stay home if you don't need to travel

M trains are not running between Delancey St-Essex St and 57 St in both directions.

The last stop on Queens-bound (F) (R) trains will be 57 St on the (M).

Some northbound (F) (R) trains are running on the (D) line from DeKalb Av to 145 St.

Take the (7) for service to/from Queens.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

The (J)... the only line that is runnin fine.

The 42 St (S) also seems to be running without any problems.  

Also, Sea Beach (N) is closed due to the heavy rainfall. No service outside until there's a given date and time for restored service. 

* The (Q) is running a 3 route Shuttle service 

1. Between 96 St and 57 St-7 Av

2. Between Atlantic Av and Prospect Park 

3. Between Prospect Park and Stillwell Av

Edited by Calvin

57 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The 42 St (S) also seems to be running without any problems.  

Also, Sea Beach (N) is closed due to the heavy rainfall. No service outside until there's a given date and time for restored service. 

* The (Q) is running a 3 route Shuttle service 

1. Between 96 St and 57 St-7 Av

2. Between Atlantic Av and Prospect Park 

3. Between Prospect Park and Stillwell Av

The (Q) is back to normal ….with major delays of course. 

1 hour ago, MJHmarc said:

Access to C.I. Yard is limited after flood issues so the (N) is running local on Brooklyn while the express tracks are being used for storage. I guess all the work that was done to protect the yard from floods didn’t work. 

MTA truly sucks so bad, the worst agency in the US, they can’t never reach a day where they’ll get good reviews, delays dirty trains stations flooding will always be a issue, only thing the MTA is good at is at lying. 

21 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

MTA truly sucks so bad, the worst agency in the US, they can’t never reach a day where they’ll get good reviews, delays dirty trains stations flooding will always be a issue, only thing the MTA is good at is at lying. 

Septa is worst than the MTA IMO. 

The subway is not that bad, the only NYC Subway route that truly sucks is the (R) . MTA is still the best transit system in the U.S.

Outside of NYC most USA transit systems are garbage in comparison.

NY Subway riders are spoiled IMO. The MTA weak spot is the bus system. A lot of awful service there, even then, most cities in the U.S have terrible bus service to the point where certain jobs won't hire you if you don't have a car. Try relying on public transportation in the south, yikes.

Edited by trainfan22

8 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Septa is worst than the MTA IMO. 

The subway is not that bad, the only NYC Subway route that truly sucks is the (R) . MTA is still the best transit system in the U.S.

Outside of NYC most USA transit systems are garbage in comparison.

NY Subway riders are spoiled IMO. The MTA weak spot is the bus system. A lot of awful service there, even then, most cities in the U.S have terrible bus service to the point where certain jobs won't hire you if you don't have a car. Try relying on public transportation in the south, yikes.

The (4) would love to have a word with you in terms of worst lines..but we are super spoiled in terms of service all across.

5 hours ago, NBTA said:

The (4) would love to have a word with you in terms of worst lines..but we are super spoiled in terms of service all across.

What issues you have with the (4) ? Service wise I never had an issue with that line, train usually shows up when it's supposed to. My only complaint with that line is its too crowded in Manhattan.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

What issues you have with the (4) ? Service wise I never had an issue with that line, train usually shows up when it's supposed to. My only complaint with that line is its too crowded in Manhattan.

Same here, I use the (4) regularly and it’s been faithful. The only time I’ve ever had an issue is when something happened at 138th St that effectively stopped all service between Man & The Bronx and I had to detour around the West Side which took me an extra 47 minutes.

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I seem to always catch the (4) during its worst times..I can say I’ve had the worst delays with it (20 minutes or more multiple times, stuck in tunnels, reroutes), during various times of the day. 

2 minutes ago, CyclonicTrainLookout said:

I'm on a Jamaica-bound (E) at the express track at 75 Av which apparently hit someone over thirty minutes ago. I believe they may have suspended (E)(F) service past Forest Hills-71 by now.

Yep.

Part Suspended

There is no (E) (F) service between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and Jamaica.

There is no (R) service between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and Forest Hills-71 Av.

What's Happening?

Emergency teams are responding to someone who was struck by a train at 75 Av.

Updates:

The last stop on northbound (E) (F) trains will be Queens Plaza, Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, or Forest Hills-71 Av.

The last stop on some northbound (R) trains will be 57 St-7 Av or Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Listen to announcements to hear how your train will operate.

Expect (E) (F) (R) delays in both directions because of considerable congestion in  Queens.

We expect this disruption to last until at least 2:30 PM.

Travel Alternatives:

For service between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer, consider Q60 buses.

For service between Forest Hills-71 Av and Sutphin Blvd, consider Q43 buses.

For service to the AirTrain to JFK Airport, take an (A) or (J) train.

LIRR is cross-honoring MetroCard holders and OMNY users between Penn Station and Jamaica.

Posted: 10/03/2023 02:08 PM

On 9/30/2023 at 8:14 PM, MJHmarc said:

Access to C.I. Yard is limited after flood issues so the (N) is running local on Brooklyn while the express tracks are being used for storage. I guess all the work that was done to protect the yard from floods didn’t work. 

Um, we had 8 1/2" of rain hit between late Thursday and Saturday afternoon before this finally cleared out.  NYC broke the single-day record for rain by a lot (even more than Sandy).  This likely was unavoidable. 

Hmm. Interesting....

Trains Rerouted

Northbound (2) (5) train reroutes from 3 Av-149 St to E 180 St:

(2) will run express.

(5) will run local.

What's Happening?

Trains are delayed while we address a signal malfunction near 135 St.

Additional Service Changes:

Some northbound (2) trains will run via the (5) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

The last stop on some northbound (2) (3) trains will be 96 St.

Listen to announcements to hear how your train will be rerouted.

Travel Alternatives:

Take a (1) train for service in Manhattan.

Take a (5) train for service in The Bronx.

Posted: 10/09/2023 06:49 PM

Bad work train. 

Part Suspended

(B) (D) trains are severely disrupted between Manhattan and Brooklyn while we address a mechanical problem on a work train at Grand St.

Southbound (D) trains are running on the local track from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Wash Sq, then via the (F) line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

The last stop on southbound (B) trains will be 2 Av on the (F) .

The last stop on some northbound (D) trains will be Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to provide southbound (D) service in Brooklyn.

Southbound (C) trains are running express from 125 St to Canal St.

Travel Alternatives:

For service to Brighton Beach, take the (Q) .

For southbound (D) stations in Brooklyn, take a southbound (F) or rerouted (D) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av for a northbound (D) .

Posted: 10/13/2023 12:51 PM

The (F) I was on got sent down Crosstown and now has to deal with two issues:

Part Suspended

There are extremely limited (R) trains running in Queens while we address a switch problem near Queens Plaza.

The last stop on northbound (R) trains will be Lexington Av/59 St or Times Sq-42 St.

Some northbound (R) trains will run on the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Some (E) and (F) trains will make local stops in Queens.

Listen for onboard announcements to hear if your train will be rerouted. .

Posted: 10/16/2023 07:46 AM

Part Suspended

There are no (G) trains running between Court Sq and Bedford-Nostrand Avs in both directions while we address a signal problem at Nassau Av.

As an alternative, take B32, B43 and B62 buses making nearby station stops.

Posted: 10/16/2023 08:01 AM

If this becomes a norm then it looks like we are truly f**ked. I want to stress the use of the term "at least" here. 

Part Suspended

There is no (7) service in either direction between Queensboro Plaza and 34 St-Hudson Yards at least through the morning rush hour.

What's happening?

We are continuing to complete planned work between Manhattan and Queens.

Travel Alternatives:

For service between Queens and Manhattan, take the (E) (F) (N) (R) or (W) .

LIRR is cross-honoring MetroCard/OMNY users between Penn Station/Grand Central & Main St/Jamaica.

In Queens, take EFNRW trains or Shuttle Bus Q93 buses.

Transfer at 74 St-Broadway/Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av | (7) (E) (F) (R) or Queensboro Plaza (7) (N) (W) Shuttle Bus.

For service between Queensboro Plaza and Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av, take the Q93 bus.

In Manhattan, take the (E) (N) (R) (W) (S);, or M34-SBS

For 34 St-Hudson Yards, take the M34-SBS.

Posted: 10/23/2023 07:34 AM