Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change  Posted: 10/23/2013  3:16PM 

Due to signal problems between Nostrand Av and Kingston Av-Throop Av the following service changes are in effect:

There is no a.png train service in both directions between Broadway Junction and Jay St-Metro-Tech.

There is no c.png train service in both directions between Euclid Av and 168 St.

Allow additional travel time.

Delays  Posted: 10/23/2013  3:50PM 

Due to a signal problem at New Lots Av3.png train service running with delays in both directions.

Delays  Posted: 10/23/2013  4:37PM 

Due to an earlier incident at 149 St-Grand Concourse4.png and 5.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

Service Change  Posted: 10/24/2013  5:45PM 

Due to train with mechanical problems at W4 St-Washington Sq, the following service changes are in effect: 

Southbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Metropolitan-bound m.png trains terminate at 34 St-Herald Sq.

Service Change  Posted: 10/25/2013 10:02AM 

Due to signal problems at Church Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound f.png trains are running with delays. 

Southbound g.png trains are terminating at 4 Av.

Southbound f.png trains are terminating at Jay St-MetroTech,

Expect delays in f.png and g.png train service.

Service Change  Posted: 10/25/2013 10:02AM 

Due to signal problems at Church Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound f.png trains are running with delays. 

Southbound g.png trains are terminating at 4 Av.

Southbound f.png trains are terminating at Jay St-MetroTech,

Expect delays in f.png and g.png train service.

Is Church Ave a "master tower" or whatever the terminology is?

Was on a Queens bound (F)  which was sitting in the tunnel for over an hour outside of Lex/63rd due to switch trouble. Quite an unfortunate event that one of the few times the signals are unfleeted at Lex/63 a switch would fail in the reverse position. So there were for at least 3hrs no trains between 57th and Queensbridge (G.O placed southbound (F) trains on the 53rd connector.

Conductor did a generally poor job unfortunately as they couldn't get through an announcement in a coherent manner and without a lot of stammering (even on the 3rd repeat of the same info) not to mention the information being broadcast wasn't useful.

(MTA) Did a good job of getting platform conductors to 57th by the time our train was sent back, stopping at every signal along the way to drive down the train stops. Our train also didn't go southbound after 57th due to the Garbage train blocking the plant at 57th, this would've been more favorable than having passengers walk to other stations.

Has anyone else know what happen on the (J) today during the PM Rush? About 3-4 sets of R42s were out on it today. I boarded one on the Manhattan-bound platform at the junction, rode it to Broad Street and later RFW'ed it to Jamaica Center. Then it got taken out of service and sent to the yard. Another R42 came in the terminal, then later another. It looked like they took all R42s out of service based on my perspective.

It was bad news for passengers at Jamaica Center who needed the (J) service. The (J) platform at said station became overcrowded, about 6 and 7 deep on the platform. Announcement at the terminal keep playing and saying "this train is no longer in passenger service, it is going to the storage area" when each R42 came in. There was also a signal problem earlier between Woodhaven Boulevard and 104th Street on the Jamaica Center-bound side. It actually had caused about 20-25 minutes (or more) for a Brooklyn-bound (J) train at Jamaica Center.

I don't know what happen after those 3 sets of R42s came then went out of service (including the one I rode) since I boarded the (E), heading for a transfer to the (3) going home. I COULD have waited until the (J) problems were done but I didn't felt like waiting more so.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

lots going on now! (sorted from oldest to newest)

Delays  Posted: 10/29/2013  8:00PM 

Due to signal problems at 5 Av-59 Street, southbound n.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 10/29/2013  8:18PM 

Due to signal problems at 145 St, northbound 1.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 10/29/2013  9:22PM 

Due to signal problems at Ditmas Av, southbound f.png and g.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 10/29/2013 11:48PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Pelham Bay Park, northbound 6.png trains are delayed.

whats going at 96th street

Delays  Posted: 10/30/2013 12:27PM 

Due to NYPD activity at 96 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound 4.png trains are running with delays.

Southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Southbound 6.png trains are running express from 125 St to 42 St-Grand Central.

Delays  Posted: 10/30/2013 11:08AM 

Due to track maintenance at Ditmas Av, southbound f.png & g.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time

"Customer injury" at 96th. (4) service might be backed up and (5) service might have been running down 7th, but that's nothing compared to how bad the (6) line is messed up right now.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Subway-Train-Accident-Man-Riding-Top-Fall-Between-Cars-Critical-Condition-Police-Upper-East-Side-229906531.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

another man under the train ..

Why the hell would anyone ride on the roof of the train..

Stupid

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

and now he's dead... 

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Subway-Train-Accident-Man-Riding-Top-Fall-Between-Cars-Critical-Condition-Police-Upper-East-Side-229906531.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_NYBrand

Service Change  Posted: 10/30/2013  7:28PM 

Due to a sick customer at Lexington Av- 59 St, southbound 4.png and 5.png train service running local from 125 St to Grand Central- 42 St.

Service Change  Posted: 10/30/2013  3:52PM 

Due to a signal problem at Brooklyn Bridge- City Hall and 86 St:

Southbound 5.png train service via 2.png from 149- Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Both directions 4.png5.png and 6.png train service running with delays.

Figures...

Not that I don't feel bad, but who would surf a train underground? Sounds more like an idiot than an adrenaline junkie, at least the adrenaline junkie would have 1% more sense and surf on the el. But those kinds of adrenaline junkies arent so smart either.

That Subway Surfer game is not real, folks. If you want to surf a train, buy an iPad and download the app.

Poor guy! I remember when I was vacationing in NJ a few months back to visit NYC, some crazy lady pushed a guy onto the railroad tracks on the 7 line. I think it was the Bliss Street station, I don't remember, but I went to the spot where it happened. Gave me a bit of chills. I just don't know how people can do stupid stuff like that. :wacko:

Delays  Posted: 10/31/2013  7:50AM 

Due to signal problems at 42 St-Times Sq, expect delays on northbound 2.png and 3.png train service.  

Delays  Posted: 10/31/2013  9:48AM 

Due to signal problems at 59 St-Lexington Av, northbound 4.png & 5.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 10/31/2013  8:00AM 

Due to signal problems at 86 St, northbound 4.png & 5.png trains are running with delays.

WOW! the express is screwed up...

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 10/31/2013  3:13PM 

Due to a police investigation at 14 St- 8 Av:

In both directions, a.png train service bypassing 14 St- 8 Av.

Southbound c.png train service running express from 59 St- Columbus circle to Canal St, bypassing 14 St- 8 Av.

Southbound e.png train service running express from 42 St- Port Authority to Canal St, bypassing 14 St- 8 Av.

8 Avenue bound l.png train service terminate at 14 St- Union Sq and 6 Av.

No l.png train service in both directions at 14 St- 8 Av.

For alternate service please use the M14 bus service running along 14 St.

Btw the Expresses are still messed up.

EDIT:

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 10/31/2013  3:38PM 

Due to a police investigation at 14 St- 8 Av:

Northbounda.png train service via f.png from Jay St- MetroTech to W 4 St- Washington Sq, then via d.png to 59 St- Columbus Circle.

There is no c.png train service running in both directions.

Southbound e.png train service running express from 42 St- Port Authority to Canal St, bypassing 14 St- 8 Av.

No l.png train service in both directions between 14 St-Union Sq and 14 St- 8 Av.

No m.png train service in both directions between Essex St and Forest Hills- 71 Av.

For alternate service please use the M14 bus service running along 14 St.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

I had saw about two-three Manhattan-bound  (M) trains that were rerouted to Chambers Street while I was on the first car of the Brooklyn/Queens-bound  (J), RFWing an R42. We made a connection with one of those (M) trains that reverse from Chambers Street.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Due to a rail replacement at 4 Av-9 St, northbound (N)trains are local from 59 St (Bklyn) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and northbound (D) trains are local from 36 St to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Not the best time to do this as this means 4 trains will have to merge onto one track at DeKalb.

I'd assume that this was an urgent case that needs to be resolved immediately. If that's the case then the traffic at DeKalb was unavoidable anyway, because even if the MTA decides to work on it during evening/midnight hours there would still be no express service until the rail is fixed. It's even worse if there was express service after MTA discovers the rail condition. Better to fix it immediately than later.

As of 5:32 PM today, D and N service is good.