Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change  Posted: 12/27/2013  2:02PM 

Due to switch problems at 34 St-Herald Square:

Southbound q.png trains are running local from 42 St-Times Square to Canal St.

Both directions, n.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 12/27/2013  4:47PM 

Due to switch problems at 36 St (Qns), the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound f.png trains are via e.png line from Queens Plaza to 5 Av

Southbound r.png trains via express from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Queens Plaza.

Southbound m.png trains are not running between Bway-Lafayette St and Forest Hills-71 Av.

Now, per the advisory:

-Northbound (R) turns TSQ

-Northbound (E) turns Queens Plz (I think they mean Queensbridge)

-Some northbound (F) turns W4 or 34

-Southbound (E) turns Forest Hills

-No southbound (F) north of Forest Hills

What a mess!!!

From the earlier post, "Southbound (F) trains are via (E) line from Queens Plaza to 5 Av" How is that possible with the GO?!

Edited by Amtrak7

It's a real CF the buses are being sent to 74th and the driver is lost. Missed a chance to transfer because the driver wasn't using the p.a (or shouting) we've doubled back to Queensbridge. The announcement about assaulting a bus driver being a felony is playing with conspicuous frequency.

We ran by the stations on the bus, there seemed to be construction. Perhaps they are running but not stopping at the stations which are closed. What's the cause of the disruption anyway the (F) conductor kept mumbling signal problems into the p.a (the same conductor I've been stuck with before oddly).

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 12/29/2013  8:07PM 

Due to signal problems at 65 St and Jackson Heights- Roosevelt Av:

Northbound r.png train service terminate at Times Sq- 42 St.

Northbound e.png train service terminate at Queens Plz.

Some northbound f.png train service terminate at W 4 St- Washington Sq and 34 St- Herald Sq.

Southbound e.pngf.png and r.png trains service terminate at Forest Hills-71 Av.

There is no southbound f.png train service between Jamaica- 179 St to Forest Hills- 71 Av.

Customers are advised to use the e.png train making corresponding stops from Forest Hills- 71 Av to Briarwood- Van Wyck Blvd.

bad typo. are telling me that there is (F) train or no (F) train. (Jamaica side)

Edited by pjbr40

Last I saw everyone piled off the (7) at Roosevelt. I elected to stay on and bus it to Jamaica from Main.

At least 3 F trains turned at Queensbridge. Must be one hell of a signal problem (derailment? ). When I got on the (F) at 6th Ave all trains were running on the express track. This is one hell of a sunday.

How can southbound (R) trains terminate at 7 71st when there is no inbound service on the (R) north of 71st?

Service Change  Posted: 12/29/2013 10:03PM 

Due to a signal problem at 65 St, northbound e.png and f.png train service running local from Queens Plz to Forest Hills- 71 Av.

Also, FYI, the Q17 is the bus that runs between Jamaica/179th Street (F) and Main Street (7)<7>.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

6 mins ago:

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 01/02/2014  6:56PM 

Due to inclement weather, all express Subway service will run local.

a.pngb.pngd.pnge.pngf.pngn.pngq.pngz.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png and 7.png train service are affected.

I'm in for a lame commute  :(

MTA Weather Advisory

Service Change  Posted: 01/02/2014  8:19PM 

Due to inclement weather, express Subway service will run local. Service changes are as follows:

Northbound, 6.png train service running local from 3 Av- 138 St to Pelham Bay Pk.

Northbound, a.png train service running local from Euclid Av to Hoyt- Schermerhorn.

Southbound, a.png train service running local from Broadway Junction to Euclid Av.

In both directions, d.pngn.png and r.png train service running local from Atlantic Av- Barclays Center to 59 St (BKLYN).

Southbound q.png train service running local from 57 St- 7 Av to Canal St.

Please expect service changes on the b.pnge.pngf.png2.png3.png4.png5.png and 7.png train lines.

The (E) and (F) were still running express on my way home, thank goodness  :P . I guess they chose to leave the heavier used routes alone for a little bit longer. It would have caused too much congestion. Why do they run the trains local anyway, is it so they can use the express tracks to move equipment around?

Yes not all trains were local in the beginning.probobaly most are now.

The (E) and (F) were still running express on my way home, thank goodness  :P . I guess they chose to leave the heavier used routes alone for a little bit longer. It would have caused too much congestion. Why do they run the trains local anyway, is it so they can use the express tracks to move equipment around?

To store trains underground rather than in yards.

Oh hey guys, wanna go to hell ride the (7) line?

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 01/03/2014  9:06AM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 5 Av, no 7.png between Times Sq-42 St and Grand Central-42 Stin both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 01/03/2014  8:26AM 

Due to inclement weather, Times Square-bound 7.png express train service is suspended.

Allow additional travel time

Delays  Posted: 01/03/2014  8:26AM 

Due to ongoing signal problems at 40 St, Main St-bound 7.png trains are running with delays.