Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It dosent say massive.Just says ongoing signal problems.Give a little explanation and some updates as to when service will be restored.its been going on for about 18 hours now.

Ny1 says its a broken fiber cable.They say they are hoping service will be restored.They are giving better explanations as to when service will be restored.

http://www.ny1.com/content/news/transit/199878/l-train-issues-cause-morning-commute-headaches

Edited by Abba

It dosent say massive.Just says ongoing signal problems.Give a little explanation and some updates as to when service will be restored.its been going on for about 18 hours now.

Ny1 says its a broken fiber cable.They say they are hoping service will be restored.They are giving better explanations as to when service will be restored.

http://www.ny1.com/content/news/transit/199878/l-train-issues-cause-morning-commute-headaches

Since I can't watch the video without a TWC account (stupid if you ask me, but whatever), I'm going to have to take your word that some other information was mentioned in the aforementioned video because the article itself just paraphrases the MTA service alert.

The (6) ran express in both directions between 42nd street to 125th street due to police investigation at 59th st.

I was caught in that mess. After visiting Whitney museum went down to the 77th street station and the metrocard readers stated "no entry" and there were a line for the M101/M102/M103 buses. Bus was packed bypassed my stop. Had to walk all the way to Lex Ave/63rd street to catch the (F). It was a mess.

I found out that there was a guy struck by the (6) between 59th and 51st street on the news. Possible suicide attempt.  He was transported to the hospital in critical condition.  Gee thanks a lot to that guy it took me 1 1/2 hours to get home. He should had not done that. Instead he should had gone to an hospital for treatment not jumping on the tracks and get nearly killed.

Delays  Posted: 12/10/2013 12:04PM 

Due to signal problems at Nereid Av, southbound 2.png train service is delayed.

Allow additional travel time.

Delays  Posted: 12/10/2013 12:04PM 

Due to signal problems at Times Sq-42 St7.png train service is delayed in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 12/10/2013 12:04PM 

Due to mechanical problems at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, northbound r.png trains are express from 36 St (Bklyn) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

A big mess on the (7)

Service Change  Posted: 12/10/2013  5:30PM

Due to signal problems between 33 St-Rawson and 61 St-Woodside:

Both directions, no 7.png train service between 74 St-Broadway and Times Square-42 St.

Customers are advised to take e.png, f.png, n.png and r.png trains making nearby station stops.

Hopefully they will fix it soon as possible. Bad timing for the PM rush. I bet the Q32/60/66 is packed. I'm wondering why they couldn't do a shuttle (7) between Queensboro and Times Square?

Delays  Posted: 12/10/2013  7:36PM

Due to signal problems between 33 St-Rawson and 61 St-Woodside, there is very limited 7.png train service with substantial delays between Times Square-42 St and Flushing-Main St.

Customers are advised to take e.png, f.png, m.png, n.png, q.png or r.png trains making nearby station stops.

LIRR is cross-honoring fares at 34 St-Penn Station, 61 St-Woodside and Flushing-Main Street.

Still ongoing problems

Yesterday there was also an delay in 61 street making the express run on the local track but bypass every local station. Service was quite frequant when I got there at 7PM but running at VERY SLOW SPEED. One question, how do LIRR cross honor NYCT fares, do they have Metrocard readers? or a ticket is handed out.

Yesterday there was also an delay in 61 street making the express run on the local track but bypass every local station. Service was quite frequant when I got there at 7PM but running at VERY SLOW SPEED. One question, how do LIRR cross honor NYCT fares, do they have Metrocard readers? or a ticket is handed out.

No. They just allow people in the trains without checking tickets.

A big mess on the (7)

Service Change  Posted: 12/10/2013  5:30PM

Due to signal problems between 33 St-Rawson and 61 St-Woodside:

Both directions, no 7.png train service between 74 St-Broadway and Times Square-42 St.

Customers are advised to take e.png, f.png, n.png and r.png trains making nearby station stops.

Hopefully they will fix it soon as possible. Bad timing for the PM rush. I bet the Q32/60/66 is packed. I'm wondering why they couldn't do a shuttle (7) between Queensboro and Times Square?

Damn, I just missed getting into that earlier!

No. They just allow people in the trains without checking tickets.

So how do they know which people are the ones who take the subways? what about people that just go on the LIRR.they just get to hop on?

I wound up taking the LIRR to woodside tonight half just for a free change of pace half to avoid the extra crowds on the (R)...

Basically, since they're only cross honoring between a few stations, the ticket collectors only start checking AFTER woodside, or after Flushing Main on the Port Washington branch. 

Service Change  Posted: 12/12/2013  6:19AM 

Due to track maintenance at Lexington Av-53 St, northbound e.png and m.png trains are delayed.

Delays  Posted: 12/12/2013  6:13AM 

Due to track maintenance at 36 St (Qns), southbound e.png and f.png trains are delayed.

double whammy?