Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delays  Posted: 11/01/2013  8:03PM 

Due to a signal problem at 14 St- Union Sq, southbound 4.png and 5.png train service running with delays.

Allow additional travel time.

whats going at the trade center?
Delays  Posted: 11/01/2013  9:50PM 

Due to a police investigation at World Trade Centere.png train service running with delays in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 11/04/2013  6:32PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Rector Street:

Southbound 1.png trains terminate at Chambers Street14 Street or 137 St-City College.

Some northbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running local from Chambers Street to 96 Street.

Service Change  Posted: 11/11/2013  5:13PM 

Due to signal problems at 125 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound a.png and d.png trains are running local from 125 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

There is no c.png train service between 168 St and Euclid Av in both directions.

Southbound b.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 11/11/2013  5:19PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems on the Manhattan Bridge:

Some northbound b.png trains terminate at Prospect Park.

Some northbound d.png trains terminate at 36 St-4 Av.

Some northbound d.png trains run on the n.png line from Pacific Street to 57 St-7 Av.

Delays  Posted: 11/13/2013 10:16AM 

Due to ongoing signal problems at Queensboro Plaza, some Times Square-bound 7.png trains are terminating at 61 St-Woodside.

Delays  Posted: 11/13/2013 10:16AM 

Due to signal problems at 7 Av, southbound b.png & q.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time

Please be aware that Staten Island ferry service is operating on a modified schedule and may impact your travel time. 

One of the ferries lost power earlier today and bumped into pilings. It's out of service, which means delays on the ferry service as a whole.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Staten-Island-Ferry-Hard-Landing-Crash-231953191.html

Service Change  Posted: 11/15/2013  6:37AM 

Due to FDNY activity at Lexington Av-59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no n.png & q.png trains between Lexington Av-59 Av & Queensboro Plaza in both directions.

Northbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 36 St (Queens).

As an alternate, customers are advised to use 7.png train service, making nearby station stops.

also at 59th and lex..

Delays  Posted: 11/15/2013  6:57AM 

Due to signal problems at 59 St, northbound 4.png and 5.png train service is delayed.

what happened at ave x?

Delays  Posted: 11/15/2013  7:59AM 

Following an earlier incident at Av X, f.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

Delays  Posted: 11/15/2013  7:16AM 

b.pngq.pngPossible Delays in Brooklyn due to track conditions from fallen leaves

Effective through mid-December

Fallen leaves, when crushed by train wheels, leave a slippery residue on the rails which may affect the train's ability to start and stop. To ensure safe operation, trains may operate at reduced speed during such conditions between Church Av and Avenue H.
Customers and employee safety are our top priority.

Please allow additional travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 11/15/2013  6:37AM 

Due to FDNY activity at Lexington Av-59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no n.png & q.png trains between Lexington Av-59 Av & Queensboro Plaza in both directions.

Northbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 36 St (Queens).

As an alternate, customers are advised to use 7.png train service, making nearby station stops.

this cleared 

Delays  Posted: 11/15/2013  8:04AM 

Following an earlier incident at Lexington Av-59 Stn.pngq.pngr.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

Service Change  Posted: 11/22/2013 10:22AM 

Due to signal problems at 14 St, some southbound f.png and m.png trains via g.png line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Bergen St.

Service Change  Posted: 11/22/2013 11:53AM 

Due to a police investigation at Mt Eden Av, southbound 4.png trains via express from Woodlawn to Burnside Av and northbound 4.png trains terminate at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

No 4.png trains between Burnside Av and Woodlawn in both directions.

As an alternate customers can take the BX28 or BX32  bus service.

Edited by superdrive1

12-9 at 33rd St has completely wrecked the Lex, FDNY had the power shut off so there's no service between 14th and 42nd in either direction. The guy is physically trapped underneath a car in the middle of the train, FDNY's talking to him through the gap between the platform. Going to be one hell of an extrication... Usual (5) via (2) going on from the Concourse to Nevins. 

Edit: And now there's no (4)(5)(6) from 42nd to Brooklyn Bridge...

Edited by MHV9218

I'm furious that the MTA did not do anything to help commuters on Lexington. I was on a (4) which terminated at 149, transferred to a (5) which I thought would be going via 7th Ave Express to go around the delay. However, at the last minute the conductor announced that the (5) would be making stops via Lexington Av Local. We crawled into 110 st and just sat there for a good 30 minutes before I got off onto the M101 LTD bus. On the 101, fights broke out, arguments erupted as bus drivers tried to manage the crush load of passengers pouring out of the Lexington line. This delay lasted for several hours. The fact that the MTA did not even try to send a few buses out to alleviate the crowding really pissed me off. Tuskegee Airmen is right on Lexington; is it really that hard to send a few LFSAs and D60HFs  on Subway Shuttles down Lexington to help out with the M101, M102 and M103?

Could possibly have been a lack of drivers. It doesn't matter if the buses are there. Plus, organizing shuttle buses takes a bit of planning, which is why you don't see them for unplanned service disruptions unless they know it will last for an extended period of time.

Could possibly have been a lack of drivers. It doesn't matter if the buses are there. Plus, organizing shuttle buses takes a bit of planning, which is why you don't see them for unplanned service disruptions unless they know it will last for an extended period of time.

Totally agree.BTW your 2 train sig spelled Wakefield wrong.Its "wakefield" not "wakfield"

I'm furious that the MTA did not do anything to help commuters on Lexington. I was on a (4) which terminated at 149, transferred to a (5) which I thought would be going via 7th Ave Express to go around the delay. However, at the last minute the conductor announced that the (5) would be making stops via Lexington Av Local. We crawled into 110 st and just sat there for a good 30 minutes before I got off onto the M101 LTD bus. On the 101, fights broke out, arguments erupted as bus drivers tried to manage the crush load of passengers pouring out of the Lexington line. This delay lasted for several hours. The fact that the MTA did not even try to send a few buses out to alleviate the crowding really pissed me off. Tuskegee Airmen is right on Lexington; is it really that hard to send a few LFSAs and D60HFs  on Subway Shuttles down Lexington to help out with the M101, M102 and M103?

Completely agree. This was a major f**kup to leave the Lex without service for a solid two hours. At the very least there should have been extra runs on the M1/2/3/5 and M101/2/3.

The MTA's done emergency shuttles before (notably with the (7) and (N) ) when it comes to immediate service changes, they just dropped the ball on this one.

^Also including the (J)(M)(Z). The MTA basically had every depot in the city help out last year when a track fire stalled (J)(M)(Z) trains. They ran shuttles to and from Brooklyn. The amount of commuters trapped in the Bronx was insane. Those who did made it in Manhattan were stuck in bumper to bumper on traffic on M101s, M102s and M103s. The MTA didn't do anything. Get Kingsbridge and Gun Hill to help out bringing passengers across the river into Manhattan and 125, MJQ, MHV and Airmen depot to help move passengers via 2 Av, Lex and 5 Av. The clusterf*ck that went on yesterday was ridiculous. I was considering taking a taxi back Downtown from Harlem but the cost of doing that would have broke my wallet in half.

It didn't help when for some inexplicable reason, the dispatchers sent the (5) I was on down Lexington Ave, which was already was dealing with severe congestion instead of sending it down the (2), which would have surely allowed passengers to connect between Bronx/Manhattan/Brooklyn as well as reduce the load on the 101, 102 and 103. Even if the 7 Av Express tracks couldn't handle the extra trains, heck send it down 7 Av Local for all I care. Just don't try to dump fuel onto the fire by sending trains when you know they're going to be stalled.

If only the MTA got AT LEAST part of the 2nd Ave (T) done (Phase one of 96-63 St would have been completed/very close to competition had the MTA remain on schedule) the passengers on Lex would have easily fit on the (T)(Q)... damn MTA

Edited by YankeesPwnMets