SCT Proposals 2012-2013 Thread

Thats Actually a pretty smart idea.

Never got why the S42 ends at Central Islip and doesnt continue on to Ronkonkoma.

In that place you could have the S54 serve it, because that routing from MacArthur North is pretty longwinding and very (not redundant, but the route goes off too much out of it's path)

1- Thanks

2- Same here.. I always found that terminal to be abrupt....

3- Nah, the s54 of all route doesn't need any prolonging; that route is too important as is.... IMO, that's one of the more unreliable routes in all the county... I would keep that running uninterrupted along vets. mem. hwy....

I think all trips should serve the Colony Park Apartments, rather than select trips. It doesn't look like there's any real generator down by Route 454.

There isn't (any generator), but that's besides the point....

You originally had the 42 removed from serving south shore mall..... If you were to have the 42 bypassing the south shore mall (which I personally wouldn't do), then you could perhaps have every trip serving those apts...... If push came to shove, I'd want every trip serving S.S. mall over every trip serving those apartments.... I wouldn't have every 42 trip serving those apts & serving S.S. mall..... Although I think an extension to LIRR Ronkonkoma is a good idea, it is still some ways away from LIRR Central islip....

FWIW, Hell, I don't think every (current) 57 trip should serve those apartments....

Actually, I would make the S42 serve LI MacArthur Airport as well, because that would end all transfering to the S57's in the Southwestern portion of the county, and would also create less transfering and more convient transportation options from Ronkonkoma to the Airport and from the airport. (Customers from East Northport would now have a one-fare ride to the Airport as well as customers from riverhead with one of my proposals

I thought about that, but the 42 still has to serve Islip, Bay shore, south shore mall, and Babylon though..... I don't care much for the backtrack along joshua's path, but you can't really do anything about that....

Although I don't know how many people even take the 57 to/from the airport, I would still leave the 57 to serve the airport by itself....

I don't see any routes

Neither do I....

It's fixed

No it isn't (as of this post).....

You still have the link pointing to the main google maps page, where it shows nothing but the core map itself....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

want a generator the airport done

Stop with this "Done" crap.

And I wasn't asking what generator is near 454 that the S42 could be extended to. I was asking what generator is on the part of 454 that he has it serving.

It's fixed

I don't see anything.

There isn't (any generator), but that's besides the point....

You originally had the 42 removed from serving south shore mall..... If you were to have the 42 bypassing the south shore mall (which I personally wouldn't do), then you could perhaps have every trip serving those apts...... If push came to shove, I'd want every trip serving S.S. mall over every trip serving those apartments.... I wouldn't have every 42 trip serving those apts & serving S.S. mall..... Although I think an extension to LIRR Ronkonkoma is a good idea, it is still some ways away from LIRR Central islip....

FWIW, Hell, I don't think every (current) 57 trip should serve those apartments....

When you have (those select trips) serving the Colony Park Apartments, you have it going straight across Peconic, right? Because I don't think that would really add too much runtime, compared to taking 454 to Ocean.

When you have (those select trips) serving the Colony Park Apartments, you have it going straight across Peconic, right? Because I don't think that would really add too much runtime, compared to taking 454 to Ocean.

Oh, no wonder... So that's how you would do it....

So you'd have buses going vets mem hwy > 13th > peconic > ocean > johnson, to the RR station....

Nah, I would have buses run across vets mem hwy (like the 54 does) & up lakeland, etc. towards LIRR Ronkonkoma (like the 57).... Meaning, vets mem hwy > lakeland (which spills into ocean) > johnson, to the RR station... Anyway, It's not much of a generator per se, but remember those courts I was telling you about in Ronkonkoma, the 54 & the 57 passes by them....

Your idea isn't bad either, but I'd keep buses (42's) on vets memorial hwy....

Edited by B35 via Church

Your changes make no sense what so ever. I mean you switch basically the bottom half of the S59 with the S57, then you reroute all the routes down Smithtown Ave, I mean something tells me that not many people will be getting off along that stretch. 

And I highly doubt that the S42 would be extended to Ronkonkoma, especially since a study preformed by a firm that deals with transportation, suggested that the 42 be extended to Hauppauge. 

Third, and I can't stress this enough, the 59 and 57 are operated by two different companies, so for the time being there would never be any changes to those like the ones you are suggesting. 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, moving on from route changing proposals. I prefer to go on with my second goal: Sunday Service

Here are the candidates and Service Hours

S1

Every 60 minutes

Amityville: 7:30 AM-6:30 PM ,

Halesite: 7:15 AM to 6:15 PM

S40

Every 60 minutes

To Babylon: 6:30 AM- 4:30 PM

To Patchogue: 7:30 AM- 5:30 PM

* No trips via Middle Road on Sundays

S45

Every 60 minutes

To Smithtown:

8:30 AM- 5:30 PM

To Bay Shore:

7:30 AM- 4:30 PM

* S45 buses skip Hauppauge Government Offices on Sundays (operates via Wheeler Road from Islandia, without serving the Motor Pkwy west of Wheeler Road, and Kings Hwy)

S60

Every 90 minutes

To Coram:

8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

To Lake Grove:

9:30 AM- 6:30 PM

S61

Every 60 minutes

To Patchogue 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM

To Port Jefferson 10:00 AM- 6:00 PM

Also, this is both a Sunday Service and weekday Extention of length of Operation

S62

Extended Service to Lake Grove until 8 PM (last bus leaves Riverhead at 8 PM, and Sevice to Riverhead is extended until 6:00 PM (last bus arrives Riverhead at 7:35 PM)

S62 Sunday Service

Every 90 minutes

To Riverhead 8:30 AM- 2:30 PM

To Smith Haven Mall 7:00 AM- 4:00 PM

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Amtrak7" data-cid="640592" data-time="1359841359"><p>

Sunday service routes should be, IMO: S1, S40, S54, S61, S62, S66, S92, 10C (summer only), S58 (limited)<br />

<br />

Does anyone else think that SCT Saturday service can be trimmed?</p></blockquote>

No. If anything they should try to expand service.

I had another idea

S66:

Make buses pass on the :30 mark from Patchogue

from 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM

Make all buses pass via normal route, discontinuing the CR 80 and Frowein Rd variation

S68: Reschedule the 10:45 AM run to 10:00 AM, and discontinue the 9:00 AM trip past Bellport (will terminate there instead of Center Moriches),

also add an 11:00 AM trip to Bellport,

add a 1:00 PM trip to Bellport

Discontinue the 12:00 PM bus past Bellport

The 4:25 bus to Bellport would be rescheduled to 4:00 PM, the 5:20 PM bus to be rescheduled to 5:00 PM. The 6:20 PM trip to be rescheduled to 6:30 and be extended to Center Moriches

S68 buses would leave Patchogue at

7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 AM, and at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, and 6:30 PM

S68 buses would leave Bellport to Patchogue

6:35 AM, 7:35 AM, 8:35, 9:35 , 10:35, 11:35 AM 12:35, 1:20, 2:20, 3:20, 4:20, and 5:20 PM

S68 buses would leave Center Moriches to Patchogue

6:00 AM

S68 buses to Arrive Center Moriches from Patchogue

7:20 PM

S58 LTD let jitney run coach buses on it then ppl would love to use em LOL seriously. And the expresses stay tuned I will reveal my TRUE SCT  proposal but I will have to find my journal first. But it involves a series of routes on sunrise hwy most are modifications to existing lines and mergers. Others absorb weak lines and strengthens them cause obviously waiting for MTA to upgrade LIRR service ain't gonna cut it.

did HART implement their bus route changes yet?

Yes. The quoting feature's also fixed

S58 LTD let jitney run coach buses on it then ppl would love to use em LOL seriously. And the expresses stay tuned I will reveal my TRUE SCT proposal but I will have to find my journal first. But it involves a series of routes on sunrise hwy most are modifications to existing lines and mergers. Others absorb weak lines and strengthens them cause obviously waiting for MTA to upgrade LIRR service ain't gonna cut it.

As long as the S58 is, the closest to a limited you'll get is the portion from Riverhead to Coram, which is pretty much limited in a nutshell. Coach buses also cost more in maintenance and refueling and all that fiasco.

I think the 58 carries more than the 62, Mon-Sat those buses are pretty busy. On a Saturday the S58 is much busier than the 62. Hence the 58 should get Sunday service before the S62.

What about the N33? It services all those fine citizens of Wyandanch.

S58 LTD let jitney run coach buses on it then ppl would love to use em LOL seriously. And the expresses stay tuned I will reveal my TRUE SCT  proposal but I will have to find my journal first. But it involves a series of routes on sunrise hwy most are modifications to existing lines and mergers. Others absorb weak lines and strengthens them cause obviously waiting for MTA to upgrade LIRR service ain't gonna cut it.

He means a limited amount of Sunday service, not actual limited-stop service.

did HART implement their bus route changes yet?

Yes.

Yes. The quoting feature's also fixed

As long as the S58 is, the closest to a limited you'll get is the portion from Riverhead to Coram, which is pretty much limited in a nutshell. Coach buses also cost more in maintenance and refueling and all that fiasco.

Well, the new quoting feature has new problems, but I digress.

Anyway, like I said to QJT, it's limited service, not limited-stop service.

What about the N33? It services all those fine citizens of Wyandanch.

S33.

Another proposal

6A Now a Gordon Heights to LI Mac Arthur Airport route from a Coram to Ronkonkoma route

Service between the Coram Circle and Coram Plaza should be discontinued since it has the lowest ridership of the entire section. Gordon Heights would now have access to a third railroad station by bus (Ronkonkoma) and have service to an airport.

Buses will leave Gordon Heights at

5:40 AM, 6:10 AM, 7:40 AM, and every hour on the :40 until 6:40 PM

Buses will Arrive Coram at

:50 from 5:50 AM to 6:50 PM, as well as 6:20 AM

Buse will arrive Ronkonkoma at

6:15 AM, 6:45 AM, 7:15 AM, and every hour on :15 up to 7:15 PM

Buses will Arrive LI MacArthur at

6:25, 6:55,7:25 AM, and every hour on the :25 until 7:25 PM

Towards Coram

Buses will Leave LI MacArthur at

6:35, 7:05, 7:35, 8:35, 9:35, 10:35, 11:35 AM, and every hour on the :35 to 7:35 PM

Buses will Leave Ronkonkoma at

6:45 AM and every hour on the :45 until 7:45 PM

Buses will Arrive Coram at

7:10 AM and every hour on the :10 until 8:10 PM

Buses Will Arrive Gordon Heights at 7:20 AM and every hour on the :20 until 8:20 PM

There is 20 minutes layover at Gordon Heights, and a 10 minute layover at LI MacArthur

A one way trip would be approximately 45 minutes

^ You're wasting your time posting arrival & departure times....

I think the 58 carries more than the 62, Mon-Sat those buses are pretty busy.

On a Saturday the S58 is much busier than the 62. Hence the 58 should get Sunday service before the S62.

Easily....

If no one happens to get on a WB S62 @ Tanger & you're the only person on the bus after it having left LIRR Riverhead, there's a good chance you're gonna be the only passenger on that bad boy up until somewhere around rocky point....

ppl. taking 58's to coram is more common than ppl. taking 62's to pt. jeff....

So yeah, I have to agree with you here.that the 58 is a better candidate for sunday service over the 62.....

Edited by B35 via Church

He means a limited amount of Sunday service, not actual limited-stop service.

Yes.

Well, the new quoting feature has new problems, but I digress.

Anyway, like I said to QJT, it's limited service, not limited-stop service.

S33.

Sorry-meant S33.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an idea for SCT involving the S23, S25, S29, and S29D

SCT first needs to extend the S25 to WWM via Straight Path to Wydanch, then the S23 route to WWM

The S23 would be discontinued.

The S29 schedule would be modified to operate differently.

There will be buses at Wydanch at 5:55 AM, 6:00, 8:00, 9:00 AM, 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00 Pm towards Babylon labeled S29.

These buses will go to Wydanch from Babylon at

6:30, 7:30, 8:30 AM, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 PM

All S29 buses would now leave Walt Whitman Mall on :40 starting at 7:40 AM, last bus leaves at 7:40 PM

The S29 would now leave Babylon at : 00 starting 7:00 AM and the last bus leaving Babylon at 8:00 PM

Buses would leave South Bay Shopping Center at :50 from 9:50 AM to 7:50 PM

Buses would arrive South Bay at :25 from 9:25 AM to 7:25 PM

S25 Schedule

The S25 would leave Babylon at :30, from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM

The S25 would arrive at Five Corners at :50 from 7:50 AM to 6:50 PM

The S25 would arrive Wydanch R.R at :55 from 7:55 AM to 6:55 PM

The S25 would arrive Five Towns College at :05 from 8:05 AM to 7:05 AM

The S25 Would arrive at South Huntington at :20 from 8:20 AM to 7:20 AM

The S25 would leave South Huntingtom at :30 from 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM

The S25 would arrive Five Towns at :45 from 6:45 AM to 7:45 PM

The S25 would arrive Wydanch at :55 from 6:55 AM to 7:55 PM

The S25 would arrive Five Corners at :00 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM

The S25 would arrive Babylon at :15 from 7:15 AM to 8:15 PM

I have an idea for SCT involving the S23, S25, S29, and S29D

SCT first needs to extend the S25 to WWM via Straight Path to Wydanch, then the S23 route to WWM

The S23 would be discontinued.

The S29 schedule would be modified to operate differently.

There will be buses at Wydanch at 5:55 AM, 6:00, 8:00, 9:00 AM, 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00 Pm towards Babylon labeled S29.

These buses will go to Wydanch from Babylon at

6:30, 7:30, 8:30 AM, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 PM

All S29 buses would now leave Walt Whitman Mall on :40 starting at 7:40 AM, last bus leaves at 7:40 PM

The S29 would now leave Babylon at : 00 starting 7:00 AM and the last bus leaving Babylon at 8:00 PM

Buses would leave South Bay Shopping Center at :50 from 9:50 AM to 7:50 PM

Buses would arrive South Bay at :25 from 9:25 AM to 7:25 PM

S25 Schedule

The S25 would leave Babylon at :30, from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM

The S25 would arrive at Five Corners at :50 from 7:50 AM to 6:50 PM

The S25 would arrive Wydanch R.R at :55 from 7:55 AM to 6:55 PM

The S25 would arrive Five Towns College at :05 from 8:05 AM to 7:05 AM

The S25 Would arrive at South Huntington at :20 from 8:20 AM to 7:20 AM

The S25 would leave South Huntingtom at :30 from 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM

The S25 would arrive Five Towns at :45 from 6:45 AM to 7:45 PM

The S25 would arrive Wydanch at :55 from 6:55 AM to 7:55 PM

The S25 would arrive Five Corners at :00 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM

The S25 would arrive Babylon at :15 from 7:15 AM to 8:15 PM

Okay, why discontinue the S23 when you could re route it or better yet renumber the S25 as the S23. I think what the 2009 study had a better idea for the S25 

and your plan for the 6A is idiotic, as no offence I don't f see many people from Gordon Heights needing to go to the airport, you know with most of the people there being considered poor and all. 

Okay, why discontinue the S23 when you could re route it or better yet renumbered the S25 as the S23. I think what the 2009 study had a better idea for the S25

and your plan for the 6A is idiotic, as no offence I don't f see many people from Gordon Heights needing to go to the airport, you know with most of the people there being considered poor and all.

Well its quite true what you say, but the real reason is to Give Gordon Heights residents more transit options and for Northern Suffolk to have a second option to the airport (examples: Riverhead, Coram, and southern communities such as patchogue, Center Moriches, Mastic, and Shirley, get a second option to the airport rather than the S57.

There really isn't a need for 30 minute headways along 231. Let the S29 take the loads of the S23 in that area. Ridership will nearly double on the S29 with the elimination of the S23, and the S25 ridership would increase by about 20%, using the same amount of resources and getting more ridership.